Help Identify Deficiency

• Thread starter Thriv3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thriv3

Thriv3

So I'm trying this organic soil thing outdoors and seem to be failing miserably. The medium is roots organic with perlite. Watered with RO water at 6.6 ph. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Help identify deficiency
NachoBznz

NachoBznz

Looks like a potassium deficiency to me. This guide has always helped me:
Nutrient deficiencies Cannabaceae

Tnelz

Tnelz

So I'm trying this organic soil thing outdoors and seem to be failing miserably. The medium is roots organic with perlite. Watered with RO water at 6.6 ph. Any help is appreciated thanks!
Certianly wouldn't call it a miserable failure bro. Very early in the game. U need to feed them is all. Ro water is giving them water and ur soil has enough nutrients for a couple weeks. Give them whatever nutrients u are going with and they will be fine. But they got to eat. Ur at a point where getting them healthy will take minimal effort . Good luck

showmegreen

showmegreen

Looks like ya need ta throw a lil potash in the next time ya root water.

puprilla

puprilla

Thats normal man all new growth will be yellow ur doing good.

Thriv3

Thriv3

It's the brown spots popping up that are concerning me. Here's a zoomed in pic. Yellowing I can mostly handle but I've never had green leaves and new growth with random dead spots appear.

Screenshot 2015 05 26 12 39 29
G gnome

G gnome

If it were me I would start adding cal mag plus at 1ml per gal. See if that don't help. 1ml is 1/3 the minimum dose so it gonna hurt nothin.
Are you using a water softener as well as r.o.? Well or city?

Thriv3

Thriv3

I have an RO system filtering out city water. I'll start adding Cal and Mg to the water and I'll see what I can do about the K-. This weird CA weather is making them flower premature too. I thought outdoors was going to be my headache free grow... I've never been so wrong!

Thriv3

Thriv3

Foliar fed some CalMag at 1ml/gal and duece duece from humbolt nutrients I had laying around at 4ml/gal. Now we'll just wait and see.

NachoBznz

NachoBznz

Also the roots organic mix? which one? some have a tendency to have low CEC. And so does perlite, so you might be leaching anything you put in there.

sixstring

sixstring

I'm leaning with the guys who are suggesting K.
she's usually right :) that soil will need some nutes added with your watering from time to time or you will need to amend it better next time if you want to use only water.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Foliar fed some CalMag at 1ml/gal and duece duece from humbolt nutrients I had laying around at 4ml/gal. Now we'll just wait and see.
? I'm curious about that response. What do you expect Cal-Mag to do for you in this scenario? Be careful just tossing things at them, you can really tip the balance in a bad way. That said, I'm a proponent of getting Ca (and Ca only) into them from the beginning as it's difficult to catch up once you detect a Ca-. A Mg- is stupid easy to correct, however.

I have an RO system filtering out city water. I'll start adding Cal and Mg to the water and I'll see what I can do about the K-. This weird CA weather is making them flower premature too. I thought outdoors was going to be my headache free grow... I've never been so wrong!
Was this a clone or a seed start, and if it was a clone, did you get it ready to be put outside immediately? I've never seen weather make them flower, but I have seen fucked up photoperiod do it.

Thriv3

Thriv3

? I'm curious about that response. What do you expect Cal-Mag to do for you in this scenario? Be careful just tossing things at them, you can really tip the balance in a bad way. That said, I'm a proponent of getting Ca (and Ca only) into them from the beginning as it's difficult to catch up once you detect a Ca-. A Mg- is stupid easy to correct, however.

Was this a clone or a seed start, and if it was a clone, did you get it ready to be put outside immediately? I've never seen weather make them flower, but I have seen fucked up photoperiod do it.

I took gnomes advice on the Cal-Mag at low dose, didn't think it would hurt. What do you suggest for Ca only?
Started them from clones. I had them on 18/6 under T5's. To get them ready for the sun I took them outside the night before and kept them out of direct sunlight the first 2 days.

Thriv3

Thriv3

Also the roots organic mix? which one? some have a tendency to have low CEC. And so does perlite, so you might be leaching anything you put in there.
I'm using the original mix. Is there something to toss in or is this mix ok?

NachoBznz

NachoBznz

I'm using the original mix. Is there something to toss in or is this mix ok?
That mix is pretty good.
And a Calmag will do the trick. Don't want to overdose and get a toxicity. What brand did you use for interest sake?

Latest posts

Top Bottom