help identify problem, plants are three weeks old and looking yellow

• Thread starter BigDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigDaddy

BigDaddy

I can squeeze mine because push mine into a hole the size of the cubes...the hole is cut into 2" ridged foam the is cut to fit net pot,then very little hydration in on bottom...

And bigdaddy..do you know what the ppm are..or are you just going off the label?
I used a syringe and measure out using distilled water per syringe and ph adjusted after.

BigDaddy

BigDaddy

I am using a nice led lamp with full spec about three foot high. I have other plants from different seeds which are kicking butt..
check out my other plants which are about a week old. They are kicking ass but seem to be leggy and stretching

Babies II feb 7
BigDaddy

BigDaddy

It doesnt really matter how old the plant is, it matters what stage of development it's in. Hard to believe these are 3 weeks old, but even so they need to be treated according to their growth stage. These are still sprouts. One still has the seed husk on it.

If they are 3 weeks old and looking like this, there is a problem not related at all to nutrients. If I was to guess at a few things that would cause this, I would say:

Stop watering it
Dont feed it anything
Keep your dome on it
Or keep your humidity up real high
Make sure they are fairly warm 26c ish
If the dome and tray are dry, spray them

Try not to micro manage them. The most common new growers mistakes are overwatering and over fertilizing. Killing them with kindness, or smothering them with love. 😍

Just do your best to keep their environment as close to what they want as you can get it. It will do the rest.

They can actually get quite big before they actually need nutrients. I personally wait until my first true leaves are about an inch long, by then there is another node popping up and another set of leaves.

That's what I'd say anyways 👍

The little one is three weeks old and I lost the other seven. The plants except this one got leggy and I think I overwater them with high temps/humidly. I went and bought a inkbirk temp controller and its great so far. I am having trouble with humidity control because the humidifier shut off and if the inkbirk turn it back on after reaching 60 percent the humidifier has to be manually restarted. looking for one which doesn't have auto shut off.

BigDaddy

BigDaddy

should I be using distilled water or tap water. if I use tap I can and will adjust ph in 5.5 to 6 but is chlorine a problem. I could use air stone for 24 prior too if that helps. then use low nutri

Vagician

Vagician

should I be using distilled water or tap water. if I use tap I can and will adjust ph in 5.5 to 6 but is chlorine a problem. I could use air stone for 24 prior too if that helps. then use low nutri

Use tap, and do that 5.5-6.0 pH check. Also check the TDS. Distilled won't have much if any Ca or Mg but some city water is too high on TDS depending on where you live. Mg is key to building chlorophyll so that could explain the yellowing as well. I guess it is hard to call out nitrogen deficiency at such an early stage like I did before. It As far as chlorine, you just need to let it sit out overnight. 12-24 hours is plenty. I do less than 200 ppm until they are in soil, up to 600 ppm in rapid growth phase before flower, and 1200-1500 ppm in flower. Save that distilled for the last 7-10 days of flowering for a flush.

BigDaddy

BigDaddy

Use tap, and do that 5.5-6.0 pH check. Also check the TDS. Distilled won't have much if any Ca or Mg but some city water is too high on TDS depending on where you live. Mg is key to building chlorophyll so that could explain the yellowing as well. I guess it is hard to call out nitrogen deficiency at such an early stage like I did before. It As far as chlorine, you just need to let it sit out overnight. 12-24 hours is plenty. I do less than 200 ppm until they are in soil, up to 600 ppm in rapid growth phase before flower, and 1200-1500 ppm in flower. Save that distilled for the last 7-10 days of flowering for a flush.
so i use tap check tds with meter and should I add 2ml to liter of water check ph check tds. i am using clonex 1-.04-1 also have gen hydroponics three nutr for later and a container of cal mg. Just using the clonex diluted of course for now. Sorry to bug ya but looking for help, I appreciate all the help I can get.

Vagician

Vagician

so i use tap check tds with meter and should I add 2ml to liter of water check ph check tds. i am using clonex 1-.04-1 also have gen hydroponics three nutr for later and a container of cal mg. Just using the clonex diluted of course for now. Sorry to bug ya but looking for help, I appreciate all the help I can get.

Correct. pH that tap water, check the tds before adding nutrients. If it is low, you can dechlorinate overnight and then apply a very mild does of veg formula. Before you apply the veg formula to the plants, make sure it is below 200 ppm. Just add more water to dilute to that concentration if needed.

Clonex is usually just for dipping cuttings to get the to root. Not really needed for seeds, and because it is a hormone, it might actually cause more issues than anything. It stimulates root growth on cuttings where there are none.

Not bugging me at all, I'm surfing on the clock!

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

These plants are three weeks old and one went from looking good but no stem growth to turning yellow. I made sure my nutrigen cal was included because I read if yellow means lack of cal

new grower need options
i meet the same issues,
But I'm different. I'm intentional, because some people say that when plants grow two needles, they can fertilize. The eh2part I used, which I didn't fertilize before, the reason I fertilize this time is because I want to know, if I fertilize in this period, how will the fruit be? The result is very tragic

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
…….jmo...….plants that small still need food....but just low amounts, they need calcium more than anything.....cell grow is all calcium related......if they were mine I would give them 100ppm calmag + 50ppm micros......with few drops kelp/seaweed...….warmth and good light is important as well...……...good luck
They pick up calcium from the water enough for seedlings at this stage get it in a better medium .

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

They pick up calcium from the water enough for seedlings at this stage get it in a better medium .
BRO,i agree with that,cuz , at this moment ,totally not necessary with calmag, if u wanna add some calmag, At least it will not be used until the plant enters the growth phase。but , in this moment , i do not recommended to get better medium, cuz, they are both fine now , just take some patients, and let it grow,

Top Bottom