Help identify this colorful bug

• Thread starter cannafarmer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
These guys have been on my plants for years, them and spiders love love love weed. Does anybody know what it is? I leave all the bugs alone usually I dont do anything unless it japanese beetles or something destructive and then I squish them and/or put them in soapy water. No chemical sprays unless it's an infestation that will ruin my nearby veggies or flowers.
Sorry about the pics I had to zoom in they don't like me .near them

Help identify this colorful bug
Help identify this colorful bug 2
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just a wild guess, but it looks like some kind of hopper! Looks like a red, banded leaf hopper! And in my experience hoppers will chomp on your leaves. But don’t do too much damage individually. Supposedly can vector diseases also. Pretty though!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
You better kick those spiders in the butt, and tell them to get to work!
😂 they have been slacking, we had tons of daddy long legs last year all over( I know not a spider) as well as wolf spiders, garden spiders. This year there are much less, not sure if it's what is planted or the weather or predators, who knows.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, I have a fear of spiders, but I always try and capture them and relocate them alive. Even black widows. I think every spider you capture and relocate adds a day to your life span! Lol! The late wife thought different! Crunch! I always feel bad about the wolf moms with all the babies riding around on her! They scatter when I capture her!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You have to confront your fears! You outweigh them by about 10,000 times! You’re letting them get into your head! L O L! They are magnificent creatures! I never get tired of watching them!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I got over my fear of spiders over time but my wife, if it was up to her they would all be dead 😂 I do my best to keep them alive though. Very handy creatures to have on porches or in gardens.

Top Bottom