Help identifying these yellow spots

• Thread starter wizard122
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wizard122

wizard122

Very confused I have 4 plants and one has these yellow blotches can anyone tell me what it is. Thanks
The last photo is all of them the other 3 look good no yellow leaves?
Help  identifying these yellow spots
Help  identifying these yellow spots 2
Help  identifying these yellow spots 3
Help  identifying these yellow spots 4

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Not sure what it is but if its only showing up on a couple leaves then it's all good, just make sure to remove them asap.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Looks like calcium defiency, could have magnesium deficiency also, those blurple lights make plants suck up the mg.
This is what I would do. Add about a 16oz cup full of garden gypsum to the top of the soil b4 watering and then add the recommended amount on the side of the box of epsom salts each feeding until late flower.

wizard122

wizard122

Looks like calcium defiency, could have magnesium deficiency also, those blurple lights make plants suck up the mg.
This is what I would do. Add about a 16oz cup full of garden gypsum to the top of the soil b4 watering and then add the recommended amount on the side of the box of epsom salts each feeding until late flower.
I use 6 ml of calmag per gallon all the time?

Alpaca

Alpaca

I agree with the previous answer, I had a small calcium deficiency a few days back too

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

FF ocean forest
Me too, for 5 years. Recommend a slurry test, post both pH and PPM results if possible

Are you taking run off on a regular basis and do you check the ph and PPM of the runoff?

wizard122

wizard122

I haven't checked ppm but always checked ph going in around 6.5
The runoff is around 5.0 .

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I haven't checked ppm but always checked ph going in around 6.5
The runoff is around 5.0 .
That's what I thought and that's your problem right there..

first I recommend you spend ten bucks and get a PPM meter I use mine 10 to 1 compared to my pH meter

Second I recommend you do a heavy flush using two or three times the volume of the pot with a pH of 6.5, no nutrients because you're very likely building up salts and whether you are or not the flush will raise and reset your soil pH some

Next it's imperative you get Dolomite lime and feed one level tablespoon per gallon of pot size; example: in a 3 gallon pot add 3* level tablespoons of dolomite lime, and water it in, don't broadcast it on top

(* start with about half the amount and add up as the pH run off dictates because if you go too high with your pH it's very hard to lower it)

I was a hydro guy and when I started growing again about five years ago using ffof soil I had the exact same problem you had, that's why I recognized it right away on your plants, highly recommend you follow these three steps I've outlined above and if you have any questions feel free to tag me in, best wishes!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

see under natural light you can see the problem,look how dark green them plants are,you have a loc from to much nitrogen,next feed back off the N product a little ,dont do completly away,but back off,it will mend but just water and half all that cal mag,i wouldnt even use cal mag if im using tap water

Top Bottom