Help If you can: Buying a New light for my 4x2x6...

• Thread starter brianakabear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brianakabear

brianakabear

Are ANY of these any good? any suggestions under 0 if not...Thanks in advance.....

https://www.amazon.com/Exlenvce-Spe...keywords=led+grow+light&qid=1589767246&sr=8-5

Help if you can buying a new light for my 4x2x6

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Farme...keywords=led+grow+light&qid=1589767246&sr=8-6
https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=led+grow+light&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

What's up man, I saw this so figured Id try to give a shout before anyone else bombarded you, I actually just finished putting together a new light for my little 4x2 side project I have going on, from what I heard sf is a pretty good light, but I will always reccomend getting a couple diy kits or something like that and putting it together because what ur gonna end up with is gonna be WAAAAY MORE EFFECTIVE for what u are trying to do basically u get way more bang for your buck. This is the frame and boards I just put together, if u want anymore advice at alla. Plz hmu I'd love to keep pointing I in the right direction, and if you like what u see on the HLG website, where I get all my stuff, I ha e a couple discount codes I can. Let u use to save u some $.. first how many plants are u growing? Is it going to be a shorter strand? Autoflowers? Are you going to veg in the same tent or is that only for flowering?

IMG 20200517 221136132
IMG 20200517 221247172
IMG 20200517 202708313
brianakabear

brianakabear

What's up man, I saw this so figured Id try to give a shout before anyone else bombarded you, I actually just finished putting together a new light for my little 4x2 side project I have going on, from what I heard sf is a pretty good light, but I will always reccomend getting a couple diy kits or something like that and putting it together because what ur gonna end up with is gonna be WAAAAY MORE EFFECTIVE for what u are trying to do basically u get way more bang for your buck. This is the frame and boards I just put together, if u want anymore advice at alla. Plz hmu I'd love to keep pointing I in the right direction, and if you like what u see on the HLG website, where I get all my stuff, I ha e a couple discount codes I can. Let u use to save u some $.. first how many plants are u growing? Is it going to be a shorter strand? Autoflowers? Are you going to veg in the same tent or is that only for flowering?
Thanks a DYI kit sounds awesome. I have that 4x2 as well as a 2x2 tent . I want to use one for flower and one for veg. I currently have 2 unknown plants from OLD seeds 5 GDP auto flowers and 3 Bubba Kush Photo's. Because of limited space(and 1st grow impatience) i just switched everything to 12/12 yesterday.
IMG 1543

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
spider farmer is definitely a good light. For your dimensions 240W is the sweet spot. I just got a 240W lm301b qb for $219 off Amazon and it's a wonderful light!!!

Ganj on

Screenshot 20200516 192325 Amazon Shopping
20200515 163915
20200515 182351
Artski87

Artski87

Hey check out migrolight.com I just got 1 to try out and it’s amazing for 250$ ! Migro100+ I was using mars hydro reflectors before and now looking to get more migrow lights . Check out migrolight YouTube page . This guy compares most lights on the market today to one another and has a review for 85% of the lights out there today. (Shane @migrolight) this YouTube page will tell you everything and anything about lights! Check it out super helpful and educational! Happy growing! Oh yeah also the hot driver stays out of your grow space and it’s separate from the light so no additional heat !

1D896D32 C064 4EC5 AA8A 7651FD18BB70
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Hey check out migrolight.com I just got 1 to try out and it’s amazing for 250$ ! Migro100+ I was using mars hydro reflectors before and now looking to get more migrow lights . Check out migrolight YouTube page . This guy compares most lights on the market today to one another and has a review for 85% of the lights out there today. (Shane @migrolight) this YouTube page will tell you everything and anything about lights! Check it out super helpful and educational! Happy growing! Oh yeah also the hot driver stays out of your grow space and it’s separate from the light so no additional heat !

Yup, Shane is a wealth of solid, scientific evidence.

Cheers!

R

redshift75

what are these boards?

brianakabear

brianakabear

This is the one I have is it THAT bad? If so why, energy consumption , power, etc...

Artski87

Artski87

This is the one I have is it THAT bad? If so why, energy consumption , power, etc...

All the lights on Amazon that say 1000w and all that . Well most of them have way too much light spectrum that plants don’t need or use look up migro video on viparspectra lights I thought they were good and was about to buy one and then I saw the video about they’re lights and how they work and they’re spectrum... in other words pure garbage and waste of money and that also goes to 80% of similar lights with outrageous claims .. Shane’s videos don’t lie and his explanations are top knowledge facts . I’ve watched hours of his vids and there are a lot of garbage lights out there that I did not know of and was about to purchase some of them and thank god I didn’t! And I was looking for a +/-$200 light and then decided that an extra 50$-100$ spent on a light will give you much better options and quality and lifespan and most of all beautiful healthy plants .

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter

That's not a "bad" light and it states 268W which is perfect for a 4x2. Full spectrum is great for vegetative growth imo for flower you want warm white, which is 3000/3500k. I prefer 3000k. What are the dimensions of the light itself length/width?

Edit: I see the dimensions. On that link it stated a much larger coverage area than what's ideal. 4x2 should work well with it.

brianakabear

brianakabear

That's not a "bad" light and it states 268W which is perfect for a 4x2. Full spectrum is great for vegetative growth imo for flower you want warm white, which is 3000/3500k. I prefer 3000k. What are the dimensions of the light itself length/width?

Edit: I see the dimensions. On that link it stated a much larger coverage area than what's ideal. 4x2 should work well with it.
it's 8" x 12" I'm gonna watch your youtube videos today. Do you have a light YOU recommend 2-$300?

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

Lol u know it's weird u say that man like shit happens all the time now that I'm older, I think about all the little sayings, and phrases my pare ta or whatever used to say and I'm always like AAAAAHHHHHHHH I GET IT NOW, that's whole "patience is a virtue" yeah I'll never admit to them they were right but dammit they were right ALOT! 😆 ANYWAYS.... Yeah man I'm super fkn patient too, but u know there's some growers that do 12/12 straight from seed so who knows u might figure something out noone else knows? But from the size of the areas ur trying to cover it really shouldn't be much buying the stuff to cover both wall to wall, that light I sent the picture of is WAAAY overkill honestly but I have a million little experiments going on so I had to try something different.. I'm pretty sure hlg has their V2 qb288's on sale esp right now cuz they just sold out of almost everything they had after 420 the stuff they do have left will probably be going for a hell of a deal. In your 2x2 1 board for veg would be plenty, I use 2 of their 5000k v1 boards in a 4x7' and it seems to work really well, and the small boards in that picture I sent u are the qb96 ELITE V2 and each one is rated for a 2x2' area, I think they are like 60 something dollars a piece for the board and heatsink combo, I order all my driver's to power them from digikey just cuz the shit I order is ALWAYS on my step within 3 days even with all this flu b.s messing up shipping times they're still kicking ass... Most of the specs for their boards along with recommended driver/board combos are also on their website I have one of almost everything they have in their catolog, and I use my par meter to test everything and their ppfd charts are pretty much spot on, and that's on everything they have the charts are correct. That was one of the deciding factors for me going with them for lighting, is their customer service is unbeliveable, and they don't bullshit on their coverage as u see companies doing on amazon.. and and really, any companies advertising their LEDS in wattage, there is a good chance you don't want to buy it, cuz the LED game is all about efficiency and saving $in the long run drawing less wattage.and HLG lights shitPRODUCES BUDS MAN, FATASS TIGHT BUDS! 😆 I wrote the codes I have written down somewhere I'll find them and throw a couple at u. If u end up going with them, but wanna do something a little different then what they have on their site man DNT hesitate to ask! And tell them
-#ThEm@DS©|€πTiSt*🤯 is your friend man I've spent a boatload of money there so they will probably hook u up. Good luck man! And any help I can be, I'd be glad to... Looking forward to seeing
Migro cobs are damn good shit too, and Shane is just awkward enough to be a badass!💪💪

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
it's 8" x 12" I'm gonna watch your youtube videos today. Do you have a light YOU recommend 2-$300?

In that price range I recommend this for flower. Excellent light for $219. They also have one in 3500k for $20 less.

Screenshot 20200516 192325 Amazon Shopping
20200515 163915
20200515 182351
ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

IMHO, I would avoid Amazon like the plague, none of the companies that make the lights on Amazon are really directly related to the sale, Amazon is, so I have had, and have heard almost nothing but horror stories, of something WERE. Let's say, to go wrong with your light it's like going to the middle man to tell the weed guy ur bag was short. Good luck with all that..
That's another reason why I always recommend a company like migro or HLG, I HA E HAD A COUplE ISSueS WITH PRODUCTS SHOWING up damaged, but one email and literally within minutes there was a brand new board in the mail no questions asked. (sry for the caps) two days later I had it in my hand. I learned the hard way cuzni went to Amazon first too now this is what 2000$ worth of Amazon lights look like hard at work🤦🏼‍♂️
Do Amazon lights work?... Absolutely! Some very well..

Are they as efficient as they are advertised? Lol almost never you see how they all have fans and shit, even if the light itself is somewhat efficient, ur will def lose all efficiency making up for how much heat they put off ur ac is gonna work OVERTIME trying to deal with them.
ESPECIALLY IN A 2X4 ITS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER U WILL EASILY FRY YOUR PLANTS!
LASTLY... Do they ever properly cover the area they say they will in the write up? 🤦🏼‍♂️😂 The 1500's I got from Amazon were advertised as covering a 70+" x 70+" area.
They didn't even properly light up a 2x2' area.
Any "led" advertised in wattage is gonna be a disappointment. Ur looking to save money by drawing less Watts why would you go for a product that supposedly pulls the same wattage as an HID it completely defeats the whole purpose of switching to led might as well just throw another 600w hp cuz ur gonna be putting off just as much heat with those shitty leds.
Go for a proven reputable brand. Like hlg,migro, or rapid led/growmau5. DNT be dumb like I was thinking ur "saving money" shopping on amazon

IMG 20200518 131755542
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
IMHO, I would avoid Amazon like the plague, none of the companies that make the lights on Amazon are really directly related to the sale, Amazon is, so I have had, and have heard almost nothing but horror stories, of something WERE. Let's say, to go wrong with your light it's like going to the middle man to tell the weed guy ur bag was short. Good luck with all that..
That's another reason why I always recommend a company like migro or HLG, I HA E HAD A COUplE ISSueS WITH PRODUCTS SHOWING up damaged, but one email and literally within minutes there was a brand new board in the mail no questions asked. (sry for the caps) two days later I had it in my hand. I learned the hard way cuzni went to Amazon first too now this is what 2000$ worth of Amazon lights look like hard at work🤦🏼‍♂️
Do Amazon lights work?... Absolutely! Some very well..

Are they as efficient as they are advertised? Lol almost never you see how they all have fans and shit, even if the light itself is somewhat efficient, ur will def lose all efficiency making up for how much heat they put off ur ac is gonna work OVERTIME trying to deal with them.
ESPECIALLY IN A 2X4 ITS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER U WILL EASILY FRY YOUR PLANTS!
LASTLY... Do they ever properly cover the area they say they will in the write up? 🤦🏼‍♂️😂 The 1500's I got from Amazon were advertised as covering a 70+" x 70+" area.
They didn't even properly light up a 2x2' area.
Any "led" advertised in wattage is gonna be a disappointment. Ur looking to save money by drawing less Watts why would you go for a product that supposedly pulls the same wattage as an HID it completely defeats the whole purpose of switching to led might as well just throw another 600w hp cuz ur gonna be putting off just as much heat with those shitty leds.
Go for a proven reputable brand. Like hlg,migro, or rapid led/growmau5. DNT be dumb like I was thinking ur "saving money" shopping on amazon

Yup, gotta know your source. Do NOT just pick the first one. I spoke at length with the supplier before placing my order. As far as that goes, I'm good. But you're right, an uneducated consumer can easily get taken advantage of. In my case, this 240W is identical to what I would've ordered off alibaba but not everyone can wait that long and I needed it immediately.

To the OP, the light i recommended wasn't recommended in haste. I would never recommend something that I myself am not comfortable doing. Obviously you will get the best deal if you make it yourself, but again, i chose plug and play for an extra $20.

Good luck!

Top Bottom