What strain?
4x Strawberry Diesel, 3x LA Confidential, 2x CVK, 1x Blue Dream
How old are the plants?
2-3 Weeks since cutting taken, all plants were well rooted when transplanted
What type of lights and how many watts?
600w HPS Eye Hortilux
How far from the lights?
5 Feet
What is your watering frequency and source of water?
RO with MagiCal adjusted to 6.5, every other day
What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
Not fed with nutes
What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
NA
What are the temps and humidity in the room?

73/82F 55% Humidity
What size pots?
1 Gallon
Any bugs? Look real close.
Small Case of Spider Mites - Sprayed w/ Monterey Garden Insect Spray 2 days ago to control.
Any other pertinent info?
This is my second batch which have had this yellowing issue. Last batch I thought it was PH problems of the soil so I heavily flushed them. Leaf color never recovered and eventually the entire plants went yellow. The yellowing you see has happened over the course of the last 3 days, since transplanting clones in red party cups into these 1gal containers of Roots Organics.

The yellowing progresses from the base of the leaf towards the edges. I thought the 600 may have been a bit much for the plants so i some paper towels just below the hood to diffuse the light. Im showing this problem on almost all of the plants.

It seems like the roots just arnt taking any nutrients from the soil, yet everyone I talk to says Roots Organics soil is legit.

I really need some help with this one guys, Ive seen other people with similar symptoms in other threads but there has never been an established cause or solution. HELP!

Help   im about to lose another batch of well rooted clones
Sdieseljpg
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Temps Note

Are the more yellowed ones in the center of the light? Does look like light bleaching.

Certain strains are more sensitive than others going straight to the stronger light. (blue dream did this for me)

May want to give them a light feeding and see if they perk up. I find roots is not as strong as FFOF, Therefore do not have to wait 4-6 weeks to start feeding.

Also 82 is kinda high temp (unless you got c02)

I

iahsound

If you say your lite is 5 feet away try bringing it closer maybe like 3 feet, i know you dont want to burn but i am sure you could bring your lite in closer and then like the homie said give them a light feeding and get some air blowing on them!! respect!!

D

DeviousSB

The most serious cases are under the center of the light but they are all showing this to some degree.

The last batch that died off didnt respond to nutes after I flushed them - but that could have been due to the flush. They are due for a watering so I'll give them a 25% strength dose and see what happens.

Just to be on the safe side I ran a soil test to see what the NPK concentrations of the RO soil is and everything registered high on the scale so its not like nutes are not already present in the soil.

IMG 2398
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I also notice the center of the light is there the most sensitive strains will get bleached. (sometimes even with the light 36"+ away) I would not move the light closer if there getting bleached/ burned. (does appear to be the case)

i find stronger plants (or different strains) and or the outside ones sometime do not show the bleaching. Can also make things confusing to make you think it is a deficiency. I have seen some plants get bleached and others do not. Could be the case here.

When you say flush. Please clarify?

The term flush usually means running 3x the volume of the pot with water.

Did you flush 3x the volume or just feed with water?
Can you hold your hand under the light without it burning?
Do you have a fan above the canopy yet below the light?
What type of light did the clones get started with?

I usually go from floro to t5 to 400w MH to 1000watt hps. That way they adjust to the lumens. I find it helps them adjust

If go directly to hps some strains cant handle it and get bleached by the light

D

DeviousSB

Leadsled - Flushing was done to the last batch that died off. It was a 3x volume of water per container.

I have a 3' tall tower style oscillating fan constantly blowing a on them on a low setting.

They pass the hand test, there is no discomfort or excessive heat at new growth level.

When I got these clones from a local coop they were under low wattage flouro lights. I dont think there was more than 50 watts on them at the time.

From what i have seen of bleaching, I dont think thats what this is. What i suspect is that the plants are nutrient starved due to the sudden increase in their metabolic rate from the jump from 50w flouro to 600w hps.

I just watered them all with a 50% veg nute solution (6.5ph, 550 ppm going in). Runoff was 6.2ph 1500ppm.

Ill update a little later tonight with new pictures and hopefully signs of improvement.

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
If go directly to hps some strains cant handle it and get bleached by the light

I'm currently running a Bubbaxog strand, placed them right under a 1k magnum, I think they got some bleaching also.
It's the same symptoms (yellowing in the middle more outwards).

Hardening off cuts under a t-5 or 400 watter for a week or two is definitely the best route to go now. :character0050:

C

cheyenne

What stands out most to me in these types of threads is the re-current theme of....I just use magiCal, or I use no nutes......hmmmmm way am i losing all these plants again and again. Listen, the roots organic is a good SOILLESS mix, it is not soil, it is not alive. yes it has some nice ammendments to it. If you are afraid of using supplimentery nutrients then you need to be using a very rich, very much alive SOIL. Dropping your light closer right now is going to do more harm then good. they are stressed out, and need food in order to use the increase in light intensity. Work on your mites, spend 20 bucks on a quart of good GROW nurtients eg: floranova grow, roots organic (with your soil) grow, FF grow... any of these. continue adding the MAgiCal. no recs on amounts for that as ive not used it. If using bontanicare calmag+ id rec 1ml per gal at that size and increase to 5-10ml per gal depending on how big you grow them.
people its time to leave the "i dont feed my plants" story to the pro's that understand the biology of it, otherwise, nut up, spend the measly 20 and start learning how respond to your plants needs.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
I would go get some Age Old Organics or even go to Walwart, home d and get some Maxicrop liquid kelp fert in the green bottle and water them now and spray them with the mixture with super thrive too... From the pics it seems the soil is a bit dry, could be wrong tho.

Age Old is super easy to use, forgivable, cheap,and damn good. It's a great entry level/general purpose nute regimen.. It works well with soilless/soil mediums.. They sell kelp, grow, and bloom. Buy all three and use the kelp only at first for 1 wk then use the grow with the kelp for your complete nute regimen for the most part. :)

Also while you are there get some Superthrive, too, great stuff man. Contains B vitamins,etc, it'll revive them no doubt.

Water with both kelp and ST, spray the plants with both a couple times a day for a few days only. Monitor and see how they look, keep the medium moist but not wet. Hope it helps..!

:clapping

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Looks like light bleaching or maybe that soil is a little too hot right out the bag for those clones,might want to cut your mix w/ some perlte or flush your soil a bit before you transplant your clones,if your flushing them after alraedy being transplanted,your soil can become water logged which will cause problems as well..

K

Kennie_B

Maybe I read over this but I didnt see it, you do have holes in the bottom of those cups right?

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Are you rooting them under a floro or HID? I have had this same problem a few times. I noticed it the worst when i moved my clones from my t5 light and put them under an hps and it really reminded of a lockout look and they wouldnt take nuts. I think the light was the problem with mine ( going from a low watt blue spectrum to an intense more red/orange of a spectrum). I moved them under a 400 and it seemed to help but they still did it. The best thing i found was to just go get a 400 MH to replace my HPS and it helped a lot. It still seems to give them a slight lumen shock when I first put them in there and its nothing major. I think it could be avoided completely if I were to harden off my cuts instead of throwing them straight under the MH. Hope this helps. I use also use roots soiless and have never had a problem with it.

D

DeviousSB

Here is the progress as of this morning. The two additional pics in the series were taken yesterday at 3:30pm just prior to watering and at 8am this morning (a little over 17 hours after watering with 50% nute solution).

It dosnt appear as if the problem is getting worse... but it dosnt appear to be getting better either.

This evening they will get a 25% veg solution foliar feed to help boost nutrient levels.

Anyone else suggest something else I could be doing to help?

CVKv2
SDieselv2
R

red_eye

It could be micronutrients. I would give them a dose of something like a kelp/seaweed. Alg-a-mic from biobizz is what I use. 1 - 2 tablespoons per gallon of water, apply bi-weekly as a soil drench. You can use it as a foliar too. Good stuff. Organic.

Hope this helps.

-Red

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the cvk is a mag deficency. get some cla-mag+. if your scared to do the whole garden just take one of those chem vally kushs and hit it with 7ml of cal-mag per gallon, along with your grow formula. botanicare makes a great product and its very reasonable in price. not only will this solve this problem now but it will also add you thru flowering as both Chemdog D and the sfv og kush need a good amount of cla-mag when flowering

D

DeviousSB

Ok heres the latest picture update.

I applied the foliar twice yesterday and have not see visible results yet.

Also included are pictures of the labels im using so you can see whats in the foliar.

Twist - My foliars got both Ca and Mg - Ive got MagiCal on hand - Once im up for a watering again Ill be sure to use more of it and see if that helps correct.

Im going to continue to apply the foliar 1-2 times daily until the soil dries out. If there is still no improvement at that point then I will be flushing the pots and coming back with a 25% grow/micro/calmag solution.

Sound like a decent plan?

CVKv3
SDieselv3
Foliar

1st.artuning

The problem looks like an Iron deficiency. Try adding the cal/mag both foliarly and to the planting medium. Can be bleaching if you are diffusing the the light....

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

My question is are you growing in a grow tent with white plastic interior? If so my friend you are another victom of the toxic plastic they used to make them.
I would not keep adding stuff to them like people are saying. Just water till things get better.

E

edux10

My question is are you growing in a grow tent with white plastic interior? If so my friend you are another victom of the toxic plastic they used to make them.
I would not keep adding stuff to them like people are saying. Just water till things get better.

this is exactly what i was thinking. you beat me to it but this is what it looks like, unless you are not in a tent.

here is a pic from google when you search toxic tent hydrohut

13507DSC00805.JPG

D

DeviousSB

Guys....(nohomo) but I fucking love you.

I got this tent secondhand, and ever since starting to use it ive lost 2 batches of 10 clones each over the course of a month and a half.

Everything matches exactly.... the yellowing from the center outwards... The rapid decline...

I feel like I owe you a great debt, I would have never assumed something so passive could be causing this. I had actually decided to hang up my green thumb if I couldnt rescue this batch. You saved my girls, and im deeply appreciative.

Top Bottom