Help - Im about to lose another batch of well rooted clones

• Thread starter DeviousSB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DeviousSB

Ive got all of the above, I just shy away from running the A/C unless I need it because its one of those portable units that draws quite a few watts.

maybe when I step up my light game ill bring it into the equation

J

Jalisco Kid

Does it mater where the 1500 ppm came from your plant still has to deal with it. If you are stepping in shit it really does not matter whose it is, you are still stepping in shit. What is your run off now and what was the reading of what you watered them with?

D

DeviousSB

6.65pH / 23.5ppm Going in
5.56pH / 1600ppm runoff

checking today I obviously do still have problems. There are also now significantly larger and more defined brown spots on some of the leaves.

Photo1
Photo2
Photo 3
J

Jalisco Kid

Calibrate your meter, If you still have those reading I would remove as much of your medium as you can.Replace it then flush with some 5.8pH for soil.

D

DeviousSB

I calibrated both the pH and PPM meter just prior to use.

What concerns me is that this was soil straight out of the bag, aurora roots organics. Can you recommend a basic soil lighter in nutes that might be better?

And the flush should be occur after being re-potted?

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
When I was running soil, I would place cuts in a 90% light warrior/10% Ocean forest mix in small cups or containers.

Once transplanted I would put them in a 80% ocean forest 20% light warrior soil mix. 3-5 gallon depending on size requirements.

I know ocean forest is amended so it has nutes already that will do well for vegging. Light warrior has a bunch of good stuff for root development.

D

DeviousSB

I stopped by my local hydro store today to talk to a guy that I consider near genius when it comes to growing. I talked to him about the problems I was having with Roots Organics and a high runoff PPM. He basically laughed at my testing procedure... it seems there is a lot more to accurately judging soil pH and EC than simply pouring water through and testing the runoff.

This is the direction he pointed me - a university published text on how to properly test runoff to establish soil pH. Considering how important pH and EC are, im a bit surprised that these procedures are not more common knowledge.

J

Jalisco Kid

Well shaking your soil I would guess would make your ppm's higher,what was it? JK

D

DeviousSB

I never went through this testing procedure but ill be using it in the future.

Advice from the previously mentioned genius guy was to scrap the clones and start over. He said he has seen people try to recover from toxic tents, only to have incredibly poor yields at the end of the grow.

Ill probably try to save the best looking strawberry diesels and nurse them back to health under some flouro with the idea of being able to take some cuttings from them down the line.

Appreciate everyone that contributed and tried to help out. Truly a great community here.

F

farmerjohn

Get 'em cheyenne! lol We do see an awful lot of these similar strings, don't we? I'll toss in my usual song & dance about ROOTSSSSSSS! Rooted clones, don't necessarily have a sufficient root ball, to undergo the rigors of transplant & the constant glow of a 1000W super nova! I have been running 2 litre plants from clone all Summer & have seen quite a few give up the ghost after transplant. Still others sit & stew awhile before they take off in vegetative growth. Get them root balls healthy as a horse before you up-pot & blast furnace them! I use a root promoting solution & have learned to wait a week after I'm sure they are ready for transplant, before I transplant them. Then I ease them into full exposure over the course of another week.

B

bicycle racer

I bet it is the tent if he is using one with white plastic insides. I went thru it. Went crazy for a few weeks myself till I found it was the tent being toxic.
If you do not believe me and want to keep adding stuff to make it worse go ahead.
That is no way in hell a Mg defficicincy. If it was a Mg dif than you would notice it a while ago making the outer leaves dark and the insides of the leaves a lighter color.
Try moving a few of your plants away from that toxic thing there growing in right away and see how they bounce back in a few weeks. I would move all of them myself and burn the tent and poles. Otherwise you might as well get out the shovel and start planning a funeral for your plants. Also dont forget the asprin for your headache.
Really not trying to be rude but it straight looks like toxicity coming from something.

your just plain wrong if you do not have adequate things to add or experience please dont it only spreads confusion. those pics show light bleaching period and maybe also a cal mag iron issue. i grow in the same tent i have for years when moving to a bigger light i experienced these symptoms going from t-5's to 600watt hps. i have over 440 cfm of air moving through my tent as do most explain how your theory is even remotely possible even with the worst materials available do the math silly theory lol.

B

Buddy Flowers

root disease. has this been said yet? possibly spread by root aphids. this happened to me and the symptoms look similar

B

bicycle racer

Get 'em cheyenne! lol We do see an awful lot of these similar strings, don't we? I'll toss in my usual song & dance about ROOTSSSSSSS! Rooted clones, don't necessarily have a sufficient root ball, to undergo the rigors of transplant & the constant glow of a 1000W super nova! I have been running 2 litre plants from clone all Summer & have seen quite a few give up the ghost after transplant. Still others sit & stew awhile before they take off in vegetative growth. Get them root balls healthy as a horse before you up-pot & blast furnace them! I use a root promoting solution & have learned to wait a week after I'm sure they are ready for transplant, before I transplant them. Then I ease them into full exposure over the course of another week.

i agree completely without strong roots in transition you are in for trouble imo.

D

DeviousSB

your just plain wrong if you do not have adequate things to add or experience please dont it only spreads confusion. those pics show light bleaching period and maybe also a cal mag iron issue. i grow in the same tent i have for years when moving to a bigger light i experienced these symptoms going from t-5's to 600watt hps. i have over 440 cfm of air moving through my tent as do most explain how your theory is even remotely possible even with the worst materials available do the math silly theory lol.

No actually, you are completely wrong. Dont trash people when all they are trying to do is help, and then act like your the high and mighty know-it-all.

This was a toxic tent produced by Hydro Hut which leaches chlorine gas when the temperature reaches approximately 85 degrees. It has to do with the type of white PVC lining that was used inside the tent. The tests used to initially establish toxicity of the material were incorrect for the application, human sensitivity to the gas is exponentially lower than plant sensitivity. Hydrohut shipped hundreds, probably thousands of these tents to market, and first blamed the issue on the metal frame (which they incorrectly recalled) before finally owning up to the fact that they had done a piss poor job in quality control.

And regarding your airflow point, I had a 435cfm exhaust fan running at maximum capacity at all times, combined with a 200cfm intake fan (+ passive) and a 3' tower fan for circulation. it. did. not. matter. at. all.

I switched the tent out to a brand new GrowLab of the exact same size. Using the exact same equipment and procedures I had zero problems.

Solved.

L

lil miss lone

Your not feeding them any nutes you say? That is your prob right there, I suspect. At that age I feed about 500 to 600 ppms. Also, the ph seems abit high. In soil the pH should be at 6.2, if I'm not wrong. Good luck buddy.

L

lil miss lone

When I got these clones from a local coop they were under low wattage flouro lights. I dont think there was more than 50 watts on them at the time.

From what i have seen of bleaching, I dont think thats what this is. What i suspect is that the plants are nutrient starved due to the sudden increase in their metabolic rate from the jump from 50w flouro to 600w hps.

Dammit, I want to change my answer again, but first one question, and you may have it answered, but are there any flying insects in the room? If you dig up the top inch or two of soil and look at the inside of your pot real close, do you see very tiny, whitish/clear fast moving crawlies?

Top Bottom