Help In Identifying Fg Or Ra

• Thread starter Buttercup726
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Help in identifying fg or ra
So I’ve asked around in a few different forums and can’t get a clear response. I’ve been battling RAs for over a year now and truthfully almost want to give up. After shutting down for a month and restarting two weeks ago I noticed a few fliers. I’m hoping they are FG and not RAs.

Thoughts??

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’m being more cautious bc my experience w RAs has left me defeated and pummeled. It sucks when you see your hard work go down the drain because of these vampires.

I’m using ogbio war as part of an ipm along with beneficial insects. RAs are a plague. I hope no one experiences them

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks for the replies. I guess I’m being more cautious bc my experience w RAs has left me defeated and pummeled. It sucks when you see your hard work go down the drain because of these vampires.

I’m using ogbio war as part of an ipm along with beneficial insects. RAs are a plague. I hope no one experiences them

I had them not long ago. Merit 75 seems to have completely rid me of them. But yeah they nearly wiped out my last crop, as they showed up in week 3 of flower. Apparently botanigard works well as does Ogbiowar. I think you'll be good. But if they come back...

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

I had them not long ago. Merit 75 seems to have completely rid me of them. But yeah they nearly wiped out my last crop, as they showed up in week 3 of flower. Apparently botanigard works well as does Ogbiowar. I think you'll be good. But if they come back...

Beautiful mann. Nothing like eradicating these little devils. I’ve read good things about all three. Decided to go OGbiowar. Either that guy calpulator knows his stuff or is a hell of a salesman. But a lot of ppl on different forums have verified that it works. Just miss seeing beautiful lucious ladies mann.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Beautiful mann. Nothing like eradicating these little devils. I’ve read good things about all three. Decided to go OGbiowar. Either that guy calpulator knows his stuff or is a hell of a salesman. But a lot of ppl on different forums have verified that it works. Just miss seeing beautiful lucious ladies mann.
I hear ya. I'm still smoking this stuff but I know it's not as good as it should be. I treated all the new cuts going in with Imid and so far all is well. I've had sticky traps up for 6 weeks and they still look like this lol. The stuff even wiped out my year long battle with fungus gnats. Something to be said for nuclear weapons.

20190223 145412

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I will say if they do return, you should use a different pesticide to hit them with. Repeated exposure to a single pesticide builds resistance.

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

I hear ya. I'm still smoking this stuff but I know it's not as good as it should be. I treated all the new cuts going in with Imid and so far all is well. I've had sticky traps up for 6 weeks and they still look like this lol. The stuff even wiped out my year long battle with fungus gnats. Something to be said for nuclear weapons.

View attachment 858310

That’s how I want all my sticky traps to look lol. For years I’ve experience spider mites, pm, thrips, and always knew a good game plan for them. Wether it was the nuclear weapons or organic methods. There was always a way. When my friend gave me a few cuts of the GSCs he said that he’s been battling RAs. I had no idea nor did I ever hear of them. I still wanted the cuts. Mannn worst mistake ever and two bad rounds I finally understand the maginitude of the problem with these bastards.

Best of luck to all of us battling these bastards.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That’s how I want all my sticky traps to look lol. For years I’ve experience spider mites, pm, thrips, and always knew a good game plan for them. Wether it was the nuclear weapons or organic methods. There was always a way. When my friend gave me a few cuts of the GSCs he said that he’s been battling RAs. I had no idea nor did I ever hear of them. I still wanted the cuts. Mannn worst mistake ever and two bad rounds I finally understand the maginitude of the problem with these bastards.

Best of luck to all of us battling these bastards.

Lol that's a tale as old as time. I knowingly brought PM into my grow because I wanted pre-98 bubba kush so bad. I've been vaping sulphur in Veg ever since, and it seems to be gone now.

But yeah. RA's are up there at the top of the list with two spotted spider mites for most annoying and destructive pests ever.

And the worst part is once I had them, I'm now super paranoid about getting them again lol. Every little sign of deficiency and I'm digging around in the soil with my loupe. Thought I had them again last week and I went so far as to buy some botanigard, turned out my plants were just hungry lol.

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Yeah. RA's are up there at the top of the list with two spotted spider mites for most annoying and destructive pests ever.

And the worst part is once I had them, I'm now super paranoid about getting them again lol. Every little sign of deficiency and I'm digging around in the soil with my loupe. Thought I had them again last week and I went so far as to buy some botanigard, turned out my plants were just hungry lol.

The paranoia will be there for the next few grows lol. Stay preventative. This board got some good info. After being a lurker for so long I decided to make an account. And that Botanigard is not cheap mann

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The paranoia will be there for the next few grows lol. Stay preventative. This board got some good info. After being a lurker for so long I decided to make an account. And that Botanigard is not cheap mann

No it's not. Thankfully I work in horticulture and found a useful application for it in the outdoor gardens, so I ordered it through work. I'm not paying for it lol. Same with Imid. For the size of my garden, the Imid I have at work would last me hundreds of years lol. Likely same for the botanigard. And honestly being in Canada, If I didnt have my pesticide applicator and IPM licensing I wouldn't be able to buy any of this stuff. It's all registered pesticides up here. Most Canadian growers are seriously handicapped that way. You cant even buy spinosad up here, let alone merit 75.

Stockbull

Stockbull

Try tilling/turning the top 2 inches of soil over after a watering to fluff it up and help dry that layer out faster as well if you've not done so.
That way if any eggs or newborn be present they will dry up and die.
Cant stress the benefits of having a good breeze going across the tops of your pots at soil surface. I'm pretty sure the last of the population I had over here just couldn't fight the winds to get to the soil and lay eggs.
Used to sweep the fungus gnats off the floor daily....now... nadda. None have been back... wind.. gotta have wind down there.
A couple tricks like mentioned will save you buying all kinds of crap in looking to eradicate gnats.
I only used a hydrogen peroxide flush (yes, it will kill off a bit of the good guys) as well as made sure to flush through the pot pretty good during watering in order to wash much of the larvae right out. Peroxide was used once only to get ahead of the peckers.
That and a neem oil flush with the odd spray of neem oil mix at the soil surface. Never once on the leaves as majority of the action and multiplying takes place at the soil surface. A waste really to spray leaves as the gnats are not like mites hiding out and munching leaves all day.

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

No it's not. Thankfully I work in horticulture and found a useful application for it in the outdoor gardens, so I ordered it through work. I'm not paying for it lol. Same with Imid. For the size of my garden, the Imid I have at work would last me hundreds of years lol. Likely same for the botanigard. And honestly being in Canada, If I didnt have my pesticide applicator and IPM licensing I wouldn't be able to buy any of this stuff. It's all registered pesticides up here. Most Canadian growers are seriously handicapped that way. You cant even buy spinosad up here, let alone merit 75.

Haha. FREE. Now that’s dope. Come on now Canada. That’s effed up.

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Try tilling/turning the top 2 inches of soil over after a watering to fluff it up and help dry that layer out faster as well if you've not done so.
That way if any eggs or newborn be present they will dry up and die.
Cant stress the benefits of having a good breeze going across the tops of your pots at soil surface. I'm pretty sure the last of the population I had over here just couldn't fight the winds to get to the soil and lay eggs.
Used to sweep the fungus gnats off the floor daily....now... nadda. None have been back... wind.. gotta have wind down there.
A couple tricks like mentioned will save you buying all kinds of crap in looking to eradicate gnats.
I only used a hydrogen peroxide flush (yes, it will kill off a bit of the good guys) as well as made sure to flush through the pot pretty good during watering in order to wash much of the larvae right out. Peroxide was used once only to get ahead of the peckers.
That and a neem oil flush with the odd spray of neem oil mix at the soil surface. Never once on the leaves as majority of the action and multiplying takes place at the soil surface. A waste really to spray leaves as the gnats are not like mites hiding out and munching leaves all day.

Much appreciated. I like the idea of the fan hitting the top surface of my dirt. Will implement.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Haha. FREE. Now that’s dope. Come on now Canada. That’s effed up.
Lol, yep, and suspiciously all the new pesticide regs started showing up just last year, right before legalization. I used to be able to import Monterrey garden insect spray, now I cant even buy that because it's not listed for use in the branch of horticulture I work in. Super Lame. For Canadians, our only options are pyrethrin based or insecticidal soap based pesticides. Or Natural stuff like wind.. or diatomaceaous earth.. I mean come on. I count myself lucky.

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Lol, yep, and suspiciously all the new pesticide regs started showing up just last year, right before legalization. I used to be able to import Monterrey garden insect spray, now I cant even buy that because it's not listed for use in the branch of horticulture I work in. Super Lame. For Canadians, our only options are pyrethrin based or insecticidal soap based pesticides. Or Natural stuff like wind.. or diatomaceaous earth.. I mean come on. I count myself lucky.

That’s like a recipe for disaster. I didn’t know Canada was that strict. And too think about 10 years ago my buddies and I would go to Canada to smoke that primo BC lol. I always thought you guys had more lenient laws when it came to ganja but apparently not when it comes to growing. Good thing you lucked up mann.

Top Bottom