Help in Mexico

• Thread starter HanksHill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HanksHill

HanksHill

Hello everyone. I recently moved from the Gold Country area of California to Oaxaca, Oaxaca de Juarez Mexico. Supposedly some of the best sativas in the world originated from right here but I've yet to come across anything better than your average Mexican schwag. I've been growing for years in the states and decided to go ahead and grow here in my home for personal use cause the product here just doesn't cut it for me. I'm not going to be selling anything or stepping on the cartels feet or anything like that so don't respond to me saying some stupid shit like that. My questions are: does anyone know of any good strains from attitudeseedbank.com that thrive in the conditions I'm in? I haven't been here very long so I don't know how the seasons are yet but so far it's been raining pretty heavy almost every night, humidity seems to be average, and I'm completely surrounded by mountains and my altitude is around 4-5000 feet. I have sufficient space for either an indoor or very small outdoor crop but I'm afraid of the crop being ruined by unknown pests I've yet to encounter or any molds or mildews I may come across. I know there's risk anywhere you grow and it's primarily up to the grower to figure out how to critic his crop. But any information would help. Thank you

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah... I can't advise you on what would be best in that climate. I have only ever grown cannabis in the Gold Country. I envy your food selections! We ain't got nothin' resembling 'good' Mexican food here.

This is really a thread for cats like Jalisco Kid, I think.

HanksHill

HanksHill

Yes the food down here is definitely unique Seamaiden! I appreciate the quick response and I will ask Jalisco Kid what his opinion is. Thank you

HanksHill

HanksHill

It won't let me view Jalisco Kids profile to be able to ask him a question...is there any way you can contact him for me Seamaiden? I'm new on the site and am having trouble navigating through it. Thank you again

eastcoastseeds

eastcoastseeds

grow some sours or blue dream or anything tht is sativa dom. then slowly move to a more indy dom wen u get comfy with the enviorment. im moving to jalisco soon wen i cash out in cali real heavy, ur a lucky man ur there now.

waayne

waayne

HanksHill most Sativa strains will work down there,as well as a lot of US hybrids
If I were you, I would look for strains that have good mold resistance

The tastiest Thai weed I've ever smoked, was grown in Oaxaca;)

There are still quality genetics to be found down there ,if you know where to look and who to ask.......:cool:

Good luck gardening!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I wanna live on the beach in Mexico.:woot:

Welcome to the farm Hankshill! :)

HanksHill

HanksHill

Wow! Thank you everyone for the much needed info and kind words I am most likely going to order a 5 pack of feminized sativa dominant strains. I typically go for regular seeds but being as there's not much high grade here I don't want to take the time pheno hunting and sorting out the males. I'm really excited to be down here and to be able to test my gardening skills outside of my comfort zone. I will create a thread once the seeds are here and will keep everyone updated. I'm sure I will have many more questions to ask of you all in the future as well. Thank you fellow greenthumbs! Here are a few pics of my most recent crop in Cali this year that I had to leave due to personal legal issues. Hence why I moved to Mexico

eastcoastseeds

eastcoastseeds

wen did u move? looks like recently if tht is how far along they were wen u left

HanksHill

HanksHill

Eastcoastseeds I moved here on 9/2/13 and my old roomates in Cali are still taking care of the crop up there and I'm still getting my cut. I didn't want to leave, but freedom is priceless. And Mexico is amazing, especially south of the Tropic of Cancer. I've never been to Jalisco, but if it's anything like where I'm at then you will never want to leave. I could go on for hours about how beautiful Oaxaca is lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm sorry, Hank, JK may have his profile set for no conversations. Maybe he'll see this thread and offer up some of his experience, though. :)

Top Bottom