Help, is my autoflower revegging? What has happened to it

• Thread starter Growguy1254
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growguy1254

Growguy1254

Moved my autoflowers from a photoperiod tent that was in flower to a closest on 24/24. Got quite hot in there and they were looking sad so gave a feed of nitrogen and clearly a bit too much. Now a week and a half later they are looking like this and they have 2.5 weeks to go will they just take a bit longer? The seeds in using a royal queen seeds diesel auto. I have since moved them back into the 12/12 tent and just hoping to be able to get something from them.

Additional info:
Using 1000w hps but for 14 plants
Autoflowers in 30/70 blend of perlite and coco
Have fed potassium and a combo nutrient of nitrogen and phosphorus.
All my other plants look fine but they didnt have this move. They other plant that went in looks similar but still has a decent sized bud so looks like it might be okay for that one.

Help is my autoflower revegging what has happened to it
Help is my autoflower revegging what has happened to it 2
Help is my autoflower revegging what has happened to it 3
Help is my autoflower revegging what has happened to it 4
BudBogart

BudBogart

Hi. Not an auto guy, but...
Autos don’t reveg.
Leave autos in maximum light available. No 12/12.
Don’t feed sad plants nitrogen unless they show signs of lacking nitrogen. Feeding a sick plant can make it sicker.
Don’t feed flowering plants nitrogen.
I would put her in max light, flush her?, let her finish.
Best of luck.

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

I thought your supposed to fee nitrogen the whole way just decrease the amount as it gets deeper into flower?

My plant was yellowing and there was a clear nitrogen deficiency so I fed it half strength of normal vegetative stage nutrients.

Looks like its stretching more or having leaf growth more than buds so confused as to why that is.

The little bit of nitrogen I fed has made it extremely dark green and theres no clawing but still looks overdone.

I have read that under certain stresses an autoflower can revert back to being photoperiod hence the question. Heaps of people say it's impossible but theres a few forum posts where people say it has happened hence the question.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've never grown an autoflower strain, but AFAIK, you can't really revert an auto back into veg, unless it was started to flower at a very young age, before the mechanism that induces autoflowering kicks in. Its hard to tell with the lighting, but the leaves look mottled, which could be a sign of a nutrient deficiency or an imbalance. A small plant doesn't need much nutrients... a large outdoors plant might take a tbl spoon/gallon, but for a plant 1/10 th the size, it is toxic. Too much fertilizer can cause other nutrients to be made unavailable to the plant, known as lockout. It looks like a deficiency but results from too much of one nutrient interfering with the use of a different nutrient.
Funky looking growth is usually the result, but a plant starting to re-veg also looks like this sometimes... is there a chance it isn't an autoflower strain? A few members have had similar issues with their auto's and it calls into question the reliability of autos, or possibly some of the suppliers.

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

It started growing flowers not preflowers while the photoperiod plants were in 24/24. I think the issue was my light being too close as it looks the plant was trying to grow sugar leaves to protect its self. Have since raised my light and it looks like they might be recovering.

Most likely wont get anything from the 2 plants due to me stressing them out so that sucks but I guess it's all just a learning experience

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I thought your supposed to fee nitrogen the whole way just decrease the amount as it gets deeper into flower?

My plant was yellowing and there was a clear nitrogen deficiency so I fed it half strength of normal vegetative stage nutrients.

Looks like its stretching more or having leaf growth more than buds so confused as to why that is.

The little bit of nitrogen I fed has made it extremely dark green and theres no clawing but still looks overdone.

I have read that under certain stresses an autoflower can revert back to being photoperiod hence the question. Heaps of people say it's impossible but theres a few forum posts where people say it has happened hence the question.
You're correct feed nitrogen particularly the first month during the stretch. And then begin to taper after that if you wish.

The stretch is the most intense growth period that a plant will ever go through, what sense does it make to take away the growth factors at that time?

I feed straight grow formula for the first month of flowering, and then I begin to also feed my bloom nutes

20190630 105042

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

Okay now I'm for sure certain its revegging. Its started growing and grown another 5" since I posted this. There are about 7 different branches coming off the main cola and heaps and heaps of the female calyx with white hairs on the stem. I'm not sure why this would happen to a autoflower but hopefully it will go back into flower.

I have seen heaps of people say their autoflower went for months is it best I just chuck them out to avoid them from hermieing or do I give them a chance?

Here are updated pictures.

As you can see there are way too many leaves and shoots coming from the main cola. Looks really weird any help would be greatly appreciated.

20190709 123712
20190709 123707
20190709 123717
20190709 123733
20190709 123729
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

First off you never run autos on a 24 hour light cycle there touchy and need rest your unnecessarily stressing your plants in veg, and why did you cut your light cycle to 12 12 ? When you grow autoflowers run them 18 on and 6 off throughout your entire grow, the problem is when you switched to bloom nutrients you overfed and burned your plant, whenever you switch nutrients after an hour observe your plants! Are the leaves sticking straight up? If so you overfed and need to flush out your plant and let it recover, now you need to flush out that plant and let it recover, check your ph while your at it, I have been growing autos for 8 years and 1 month, you don't not run them like a photoperiod and there tricky, the most common problem people have with autos is they are notoriously easy to burn as you just found out, in my humble opinion autos are harder to grow than photoperiod plants usually beacuse of bunk beans, unstable plants that won't flower, genetic deformities ect, so friend flush your plant check ph and let it recover, next time you feeding use half of what you gave and observe.

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

First off you never run autos on a 24 hour light cycle there touchy and need rest your unnecessarily stressing your plants in veg, and why did you cut your light cycle to 12 12 ? When you grow autoflowers run them 18 on and 6 off throughout your entire grow, the problem is when you switched to bloom nutrients you overfed and burned your plant, whenever you switch nutrients after an hour observe your plants! Are the leaves sticking straight up? If so you overfed and need to flush out your plant and let it recover, now you need to flush out that plant and let it recover, check your ph while your at it, I have been growing autos for 8 years and 1 month, you don't not run them like a photoperiod and there tricky, the most common problem people have with autos is they are notoriously easy to burn as you just found out, in my humble opinion autos are harder to grow than photoperiod plants usually beacuse of bunk beans, unstable plants that won't flower, genetic deformities ect, so friend flush your plant check ph and let it recover, next time you feeding use half of what you gave and observe.
I am running photoperiod plants at the same time so I switched them to 12/12 and I didnt have space or light for my autos. I then made a nice little cupboard and moved them into it but when I came back they were extremely wilted due to heat I believe.

Not sure if its nutrients because I have 2 other autos that I didnt move and they are working perfectly. I didnt think light schedule would do anything to them are you sure they arent re vegging due to me putting them into 24/0 after being in 12/12 for 3 weeks?

az2000

az2000

I am running photoperiod plants at the same time so I switched them to 12/12

You can run autos 12/12 in flower. You just won't get the yield. I think people do 18/6 just because they can (and it produces more yield). Many people grow them outdoors. They don't get 18/6 (unless they live near the poles).

The leaves look a little stressed. Almost like K def (without the spots, but contorted that way). Buckled like N toxicity? It's hard to tell with the yellow lighting. Maybe heat stress? Stress might cause an auto to do strange things. (Another grower had an auto growing or 5-6 months, it looked like it hermed and never really finished. I think he had some stress involved in that grow.).

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

Yeah 2 weeks according to seedsman seeds. Its Royal Queen Seeds Diesel Autoflower

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

7 weeks ago. Yeah seed bank says 8 so was taking it as 9

az2000

az2000

7 weeks ago. Yeah seed bank says 8 so was taking it as 9

Just treat it like any cannabis plant. Watch the pistils and trichomes. (I bet you'll go to 12 weeks. I often went to 13. Even 14 once. It might depend on strain. But, it looks to me like you have considerably more than two weeks to go.).

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

Thought so. Had my 1000w hps very close around 25cm however the tops were cooled very well as I could put my hand on the canopy without burning myself or feeling the heat. I adjusted to 50cm a day after posting this

Growguy1254

Growguy1254

Moved the light and the plant is stretching to it. Has the most branches I've seen off the main cola so probably just going to kill it as it had buds and now doesnt and dont want it to hermie and ruin the rest of my girls

B

Blxcktxpes

I had the same exact issue with yours with the same exact seeds. But mine is still in reveg as of today. I grew outdoors, so I figured there was nothing to worry about. The temps were hot this year for a bit. Not sure why it’s doing it. Might just keep checking the trichomes and if I get airy buds than so be it. It’s kindof frustrating that it did this. But the nice thing is the seeds were free from Seedsman while purchasing other stuff.

The photo I’m growing now just went into flower outdoors as well and is doing great. I’m not sure what the issue was with those diesel seeds though. Disappointing. Hope yours have bounced back.

CE990DA6 69AD 4CA2 8025 2228DB1BAC63
Growguy1254

Growguy1254

Yeah they finished but super airy/garbage buds. Glad I got something though.

Top Bottom