Help, is my autoflower revegging? What has happened to it

• Thread starter Growguy1254
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I've never grown an autoflower strain, but AFAIK, you can't really revert an auto back into veg, unless it was started to flower at a very young age, before the mechanism that induces autoflowering kicks in. Its hard to tell with the lighting, but the leaves look mottled, which could be a sign of a nutrient deficiency or an imbalance. A small plant doesn't need much nutrients... a large outdoors plant might take a tbl spoon/gallon, but for a plant 1/10 th the size, it is toxic. Too much fertilizer can cause other nutrients to be made unavailable to the plant, known as lockout. It looks like a deficiency but results from too much of one nutrient interfering with the use of a different nutrient.
Funky looking growth is usually the result, but a plant starting to re-veg also looks like this sometimes... is there a chance it isn't an autoflower strain? A few members have had similar issues with their auto's and it calls into question the reliability of autos, or possibly some of the suppliers.
hey, jman, how r u?
the family?
would u pm me the outcome of this growerz grow n how your opinion on this may have since, evolved? a friend sent me some questions about his bud browning n breaking off
overnight
@1diesel1 is confident it is a reveg

bout a week ago

he's northern cal

only sent the solo pic

minimal intel

said it was from clinic bagseed

no strain nor grow, intel

he knows I'll go nutso n blow his phone

i feel I'd need more intel n pics to diagnose

d's so confident about the reveg

and the intel i seek to support his claim n take to the dood is so... varied n unavailable, in stone edition

i just wanna know for myself

at this point

obviously diesel knows his shit

I'm just lookin for supporting evidence

14hrs sunrise to sunset

based on the remnants of his pic

only

i had to wonder

y so far into flower

n then something diesel said- i thought- aha! auto bagseed

i keep thinking budrot

never seen it n person

i figure ncali
moisture...

he never said whether they'd had rain, though n Stockton/sac can get hot, too...

don't mean to further jack this growerz thread so if u have the time

a 3way diesel pm with me?
i know he's busy, too...

might not b worth the two of u's time

I'm the one askin

d seems certain

i just like to learn it top to bottom- if i haven't seen it for myElf: i wanna crawl up its rear n c the how n whys
stress... was what he said. never known the man to b wong.

i have a rollit acct btw

the folks i ran into there- bullies n dbags
with 2nd season egos
i don't volunteer there, anymore...
never did c any mods, to birch switch the chillenz

and of course

i referred him to the farm
he'd prefer the hard way, i guess

Screenshot 20200729 034419 Chrome
Screenshot 20200729 034346 Chrome
Screenshot 20200726 143552 Messages
Screenshot 20200726 143610 Messages
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Autoflowers do not like stress, heat swings and such, allso you do not run autoflowers in flower when there supposed to be in veg, if you have a 2 cycle light you can run on both cycles in late veg after the plant starts to flower, in my opinion you overstessed and confused your plant by running in flower, you do not run autoflowers 24/7 as they need a period of darkness, during this period they still grow but running 24/7 will over stress them and you will not get more weed just a higher electric bill.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Yo everyone. I'm suffering the same or similar fate. This is my 1st indoor Grow. Briefly: Banana Kush Autoflower, germinated July 20th, put in my Gro Tent July 30th, began Flowering around August 31st- Sept. 3rd, I pruned them fairly heavily, as they began Reaching & the leaves were blocking a lot of light. I think I may have Triggered something, by doing so. Now they're Reaching again, growing at an insane rate. Every time I look at them, they grow taller....but the flowers have not developed...they look the same. In desperation, I've been pinching & bending the main stems, to keep them away from the lights. I have NO more room, to elevate the lights. These things are about 3-1/2 ft tall now. Whatever's going to Happen, is going to Happen. At this point, I'm just going to water them & harvest (probably) prematurely....try to salvage something out of this.

Have I just been Impatient? They are wonderful, healthy plants. I can do nothing now but stand back and hope they finish forming Buds. I have already secured seeds for my next Grow, of strains which have a very SHORT maximum grow height (20-40 cm, Lowryder Autos). Here are a couple pics of the flowers on them.
Bud1
Bud2

Last edited:
ArrEll

ArrEll

Yo everyone. I'm suffering the same or similar fate. This is my 1st indoor Grow. Briefly: Banana Kush Autoflower, germinated July 20th, put in my Gro Tent July 30th, began Flowering around August 1st-3rd, I pruned them fairly heavily, as they began Reaching & the leaves were blocking a lot of light. I think I may have Triggered something, by doing so. Now they're Reaching again, growing at an insane rate. Every time I look at them, they grow taller....but the flowers have not developed...they look the same. In desperation, I've been pinching & bending the main stems, to keep them away from the lights. I have NO more room, to elevate the lights. These things are about 3-1/2 ft tall now. Whatever's going to Happen, is going to Happen. At this point, I'm just going to water them & harvest (probably) prematurely....try to salvage something out of this.

Have I just been Impatient? They are wonderful, healthy plants. I can do nothing now but stand back and hope they finish forming Buds. I have already secured seeds for my next Grow, of strains which have a very SHORT maximum grow height (20-40 cm, Lowryder Autos). Here are a couple pics of the flowers on them. View attachment 1029281View attachment 1029282

I suppose I COULD cut them all down, dry them out & smoke the whole plants....pretend it's 1970 again lol.

ArrEll

ArrEll

I suppose I COULD cut them all down, dry them out & smoke the whole plants....pretend it's 1970 again lol.

OH - JUST TODAY, in case I was lied to...in case they are Photoperiod plants....I switched the lights from 18/6 to 12/12.
Again, this is a Desperation Move. I cannot let these grow ANY taller, as they're already hitting my lights (LED, 1,000 w)

Anyone have any advice? Should I switch them back to 18/6? Thanking you all, in advance.....

Moshmen

Moshmen

Most likely genetics put them on a 12/12 schedule and flower - usually happens from money hungry seed banks - but not always in can be a recessive trait

aaxiii

aaxiii

Moved my autoflowers from a photoperiod tent that was in flower to a closest on 24/24. Got quite hot in there and they were looking sad so gave a feed of nitrogen and clearly a bit too much. Now a week and a half later they are looking like this and they have 2.5 weeks to go will they just take a bit longer? The seeds in using a royal queen seeds diesel auto. I have since moved them back into the 12/12 tent and just hoping to be able to get something from them.

Additional info:
Using 1000w hps but for 14 plants
Autoflowers in 30/70 blend of perlite and coco
Have fed potassium and a combo nutrient of nitrogen and phosphorus.
All my other plants look fine but they didnt have this move. They other plant that went in looks similar but still has a decent sized bud so looks like it might be okay for that one.

Did you say the age? I missed it. How old are they? I always go by age to determine approximately what phase I am in if things look wonky.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Did you say the age? I missed it. How old are they? I always go by age to determine approximately what phase I am in if things look wonky.
Almost 4 months so 100 days plus longer than any other auto I’ve had cuz she still got 3 weeks easy if I can get her to fill in ? Prolly not worth the effort but hey I don’t have much flowering right now so I’m playin with it

Moshmen

Moshmen

Almost 4 months so 100 days plus longer than any other auto I’ve had cuz she still got 3 weeks easy if I can get her to fill in ? Prolly not worth the effort but hey I don’t have much flowering right now so I’m playin with it
Actually just looked at the date on the pot 5/11 so 4 months exactly

aaxiii

aaxiii

Actually just looked at the date on the pot 5/11 so 4 months exactly

The auto is 4 months old?! Poor mama... I only know about revegging when I clone a photo plant that has flowered and I throw it in my aerogarden to re veg it. But it is my understanding autos did not do that and in the beginning of my grow adventure 25 plants or so ago when I had no idea what I was doing I was a lighting failure, too little, too much, not enough hours etc. and they never reverted to veg state. I grow more autos than photos.

I am also an expert on stunting their growth due to my many failures when I first started out and some just do not recover. I am quick to pitch them now if they are slow. I dont see the point of all this trouble unless it floors me when I smoke it.

Are you able to see the roots? Roots will tell you. If in 4 months it isn't a giant white tumble weedy looking ball of joy it might have been stunted somewhere.

There is the Sun and it has kicked many plants back in gear for me...Nothing comes close to it. Nothing. If you cannot do outside or you are in a more overcast type place it is time to put on your lab coat.

Try MaxiBloom I swear by that stuff but use 1/16 or 1/8 the recommended if it is in soil. A lot of folks disagree with that. Also throw that lady in the sun if you can.

If I feel there is no hope I start poking around and experimenting. I hate to say it but I would wait it out if it is your only plant but if you grow a few it is wasting resources and I would use it to learn about the plants species in general. If that makes sense.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The auto is 4 months old?! Poor mama... I only know about revegging when I clone a photo plant that has flowered and I throw it in my aerogarden to re veg it. But it is my understanding autos did not do that and in the beginning of my grow adventure 25 plants or so ago when I had no idea what I was doing I was a lighting failure, too little, too much, not enough hours etc. and they never reverted to veg state. I grow more autos than photos.

I am also an expert on stunting their growth due to my many failures when I first started out and some just do not recover. I am quick to pitch them now if they are slow. I dont see the point of all this trouble unless it floors me when I smoke it.

Are you able to see the roots? Roots will tell you. If in 4 months it isn't a giant white tumble weedy looking ball of joy it might have been stunted somewhere.

There is the Sun and it has kicked many plants back in gear for me...Nothing comes close to it. Nothing. If you cannot do outside or you are in a more overcast type place it is time to put on your lab coat.

Try MaxiBloom I swear by that stuff but use 1/16 or 1/8 the recommended if it is in soil. A lot of folks disagree with that. Also throw that lady in the sun if you can.

If I feel there is no hope I start poking around and experimenting. I hate to say it but I would wait it out if it is your only plant but if you grow a few it is wasting resources and I would use it to learn about the plants species in general. If that makes sense.
She’s on 12/12 now and there’s no shortage of light here. Lol but button beats the sun

Piero

Piero

Glad I found this post !
Hi. Not an auto guy, but...
Autos don’t reveg.
Leave autos in maximum light available. No 12/12.
Don’t feed sad plants nitrogen unless they show signs of lacking nitrogen. Feeding a sick plant can make it sicker.
Don’t feed flowering plants nitrogen.
I would put her in max light, flush her?, let her finish.
Best of luck.

Bongkhan

Bongkhan

Hey there mate !! From all the conventional answers saying :no autoflowers do not reveg !! ; i would myself say ;yes they do reveg and am saying so as it happened with me. Like yours ; moving from 12/12 to 24/0 caused them to reveg ;mine reverted back when i changed the growing lights from mere 30watts blue -purple cheap led light to 100 watts of cree cxb3590. Was my first grow ever and did not know what i was doing. Strain ; northern lights auto from oaseeds. Changed lights at 35 day mark ;the top of the plant stayed in flower while lower underdeveloped branches started vegging and grew 5 times the size of top!! After that it flowered and took a whooping 4.5 months to complete an auto fully! So ;in your imperfect moments ; you found something incredible!!! I know its too late for this thread ;still wanted to share something new 😁 keep growing .. peace ✌

bejd2010

bejd2010

Glad I found this post !
I have one that looks a lot like yours, small leaves and a small plant , Mine looks stunted but buds are forming nicely and no discoloration , day 71 .
I had 5 autobluberry seeds from seedsman , and I swear each plant looks completely different, ph 6,0-6,2 3 gal fabric pots , 24 hrs led 75-80 % , Temp 72-77 F , RH 40-50 % Using Fox Farms Ocean soil, Humboldts Secret for nutes and !/2 of what they suggest is more than enough , except for the Bud Stacker , I use it as suggested by the manufacturer.

Piero

Piero

Hi. Not an auto guy, but...
Autos don’t reveg.
Leave autos in maximum light available. No 12/12.
Don’t feed sad plants nitrogen unless they show signs of lacking nitrogen. Feeding a sick plant can make it sicker.
Don’t feed flowering plants nitrogen.
I would put her in max light, flush her?, let her finish.
Best of luck.
I did this and they cam out awesomely strong !

Piero

Piero

Moved my autoflowers from a photoperiod tent that was in flower to a closest on 24/24. Got quite hot in there and they were looking sad so gave a feed of nitrogen and clearly a bit too much. Now a week and a half later they are looking like this and they have 2.5 weeks to go will they just take a bit longer? The seeds in using a royal queen seeds diesel auto. I have since moved them back into the 12/12 tent and just hoping to be able to get something from them.

Additional info:
Using 1000w hps but for 14 plants
Autoflowers in 30/70 blend of perlite and coco
Have fed potassium and a combo nutrient of nitrogen and phosphorus.
All my other plants look fine but they didnt have this move. They other plant that went in looks similar but still has a decent sized bud so looks like it might be okay for that one.
Why not 18/6 for the autos ?

Top Bottom