Help is really needed! I'm in the last week or two

• Thread starter whitewidownoob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whitewidownoob

I'm in the last week or two weeks of flowering not 100% sure. I'm looking for, to the point vital information as its my first grow and from reading up on more experienced growers I'm starting to think that the plant should be getting flushed now and ready to be harvested. The picture quality isn't that great but face to face to the plant a good 65 to 80 % of the hairs have changed amber colour. I dont want to be jumping the gun now or anything but from my perspective, its time to be flushing and harvesting within the next week. I'm stuck in a hole now, with what to do and what not to do so am asking all experienced growers passing over my post please leave all comments you think might help me in my last few days, weeks??? And any readers please leave insights or help from your own experience. I know for certain I've been missing some key ingredients in my grow op as the buds did not develop fully lower towards the base of the plant and looking at the higher up bud sites, they should be nearly twice the size from most peoples comments and from my own readings on books and sites. So i know something vital was missing, but right now i really need some advice or guidance towards my next few steps as i don't know if its ready for flushing and harvesting or if it should be left for another week or so before anything is done. please leave all comments and advice as it is really needed.

Help is really needed im in the last week or two
Help is really needed im in the last week or two 2
Help is really needed im in the last week or two 3
Help is really needed im in the last week or two 4
Help is really needed im in the last week or two 5
Help is really needed im in the last week or two 6
Help is really needed im in the last week or two 7
Help is really needed im in the last week or two 8
Help is really needed im in the last week or two 9
C

CT Guy

If you only used organic soil and organic nutrients, then there is no need to flush. Flushing is to remove chemical salts that buildup in the soil from a chem grow. In organics, the nutrients get tied up inside the bodies/cellular walls of the microorganisms in the soil.

This thread might be really helpful for you:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=32255

S

Shredder

Why are you not sure there done? If your relying on the seed company for timing I'd forget that and look at the trichomes closely. I run indicas dominates that seed companies advertise as 8 week plants, but they rarely get harvested in 8 weeks, going by the trichomes, I'm looking at up to 20% amber, you don't need to count them just take a good look.

A common mistake is taking buds early. Sometimes it may not look like it, but the buds still are packing on weight and ripening late in the cycle. And this week or two is the difference between good and great.......shredder

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Looks Yummy!! Why not wait the week and give her another look, kinda looks like it might need some days but the trichomes will tell. Missed what kind of light you're using. You might not have missed anything nutrition-wise maybe the pheno was just a runt (if you started from seed) or your light could be stronger(HID=better light penetration) if the bottom isn't developing, either way trial and error ne pas?

O

Organicyumyum

i give my organics a 1-2 week flush. i use bio bizz nutes with budswel and compost teas. I like to make sure I flush out as much of the nutes as possible, regardless of using organic or chemical fertilizers. Though I only grow organically, if I did use chemical nutes I would flush for a minimum of 2 weeks. Some people will say no need to flush with organics, which is cool, but your herb will burn/taste better with at least a week flush if not more.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Looks like a week or two but if you uses chemicals you need to be flushing now or at very least water. Im not sure what strain if you said it. I missed it but if its ww my experience says about 63 days under a 600 watt seems to work for me. but you have a few windows of harvest, best is to look at tricomes with a 20-30 times loupe but anyway it will be better than any seedy mexican pot you ever smoked. good luck looks sweet peace

hiboy

hiboy

Get a 420 scope if your in doubt of picking, that will tell you when shes ready.
From the looks i think you may be underlit
h

C

CT Guy

i give my organics a 1-2 week flush. i use bio bizz nutes with budswel and compost teas. I like to make sure I flush out as much of the nutes as possible, regardless of using organic or chemical fertilizers. Though I only grow organically, if I did use chemical nutes I would flush for a minimum of 2 weeks. Some people will say no need to flush with organics, which is cool, but your herb will burn/taste better with at least a week flush if not more.

The herb burning/tasting better by flushing is a complete myth with organics. With chems it's def. true, but not with organics. The nutrients are tied up in organics, locked within the cellular walls of the microbes. There's nothing to flush, unless you're still feeding, which if you're getting close to harvest you may want to back off and step down any nutrients. Other than that, unless you're completely over applying your nutrients, you do not need to flush.

420alldaze

420alldaze

whats up whitewidow?looks to me like you should wait at least another week and look at the trichs. hows the density on them? what strain ? what kinda lights you runnin. im a organic guy too. good luck they look like theyre still packin on some weight to me. peacentreez

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The herb burning/tasting better by flushing is a complete myth with organics. With chems it's def. true, but not with organics. The nutrients are tied up in organics, locked within the cellular walls of the microbes. There's nothing to flush, unless you're still feeding, which if you're getting close to harvest you may want to back off and step down any nutrients. Other than that, unless you're completely over applying your nutrients, you do not need to flush.
^^^^ This is my experience as well, based on using both types of feeding (chemical-based vs organically feeding the soil) and flushing vs not flushing both results.

However, if one is very concerned, I have found that Florakleen and Clearex do a great job and can seriously shorten the necessary flushing time.

Also, when I talk about flushing, I don't mean passing several times the pot volume of water through the media. I mean that I simply stop feeding and give water only.

G

geoduck

that thing has been starved of nutrients, even for organics
i think there's something wrong with your rootmass...

like most people have said, there's no need to flush if it's really organics
but what about rock phosphate and potassium? they'd have to be flushed out

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think, but cannot declare as though it's a known fact because I don't know for a fact, that rock phosphate, because it does take so long to break down and requires the metabolic processes of microbes in order to be broken down, that it's really not a problem. And so far that's what my experience bears out.

Plus, you can't flush the earth.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I grow 100% organic and I won't flower my plants without rock phosphate it's a mineral organic which the microlife have to process for it to become available it provides phosphurus & calcium, as well trace minerals, soft rock phosphate is an easy form the microbes can process faster. no need to flush/leach or whatever you wanna call it the plant only takes what it needs in organics so it stops feeding from the soil unless you are using some form of chelating agent. (like molasses,etc.)

Top Bottom