• bend

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • don't bend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F

freerange

this is my first grow, i'm growing organic in soil. i'm rockin the snow dog and the grape ape. i just flipped the switch 4 days ago, but i haven't topped. is it too late, or should i still top them? should i bend them? they are all between 24 and 36 inches tall, and super healthy. please pros, tell me what to do.

Melvan

Melvan

If you're already in flower it is too late to top. You should have done that for the last time at least a week before you flipped.

If you have shorter plants, get them lifted on boxes or coffee cans, whatever, so that they make an even canopy with the taller plants, and keep that even canopy, even if you have to adjust every day, until you harvest. If not, your short plants will give you wispy buds as they'll be reaching for the light.

If you have colas develop that reach too close to the light, you can worry about bending them then, if you have too. For now, just let everything grow and leave them alone except for feeding and lifting.

Good luck.

M

Mr. Greenthum

When u top i should be done 1 1/2 weeks into veg. and bending should be done when the plant is a baby because the branches or more flexible less prone to breaking.

Melvan

Melvan

When u top i should be done 1 1/2 weeks into veg. and bending should be done when the plant is a baby because the branches or more flexible less prone to breaking.

You can top as many times as you like as long as you give the plant the proper amount of time to recover. My plants are topped multiple times in the nursery, and then at least once during full veg.

Edited to add: A first time grower doesn't need to worry about topping anyway. He just needs to get through his first grow naturally, learn how to grow the plant, then worry about using more advanced techniques

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
If you're already in flower it is too late to top. You should have done that for the last time at least a week before you flipped.

thats just not always the case - you can top some strains up to a week in flower - your not gonna get the two colas but you will get one single one as big or bigger then what was gonna be there - especially if it gonna be getting burnt by the light anyhow

I had to top 2 white fires last round day 8 and they were by far (ironically) the biggest fattest 2 plants out of 18

its really no different then waiting til they flower to lollipop them

Top Bottom