Help!!! Kratky

• Thread starter VannahWhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VannahWhite

VannahWhite

What’s wrong with my plant? I had my plant in a reservoir that I noticed had the nutrients settle on the sides and bottom of the plant. I irresponsibly decided to stir the water and scrape the sides of the res. Immediately notice my plant drooping. I changed the res out thinking I introduced too much nutrients back into the water. I replaced it in fresh water with 1/4 of the nutes. I saw improvements but now it’s still kindof droopy. Please help. I’m new and this is my first plant. I’m also new to the forum so I haven’t looked into guidelines or how to ask for help.
Purple lighting photo was the first day I noticed droop. The rest were from today. I noticed the stalk has some strange symptoms and noticed the roots might be a tinge on the browner side but I thought they were healthy but now I’m doubting it.

Help kratky
Help kratky 2
Help kratky 3
Help kratky 4
Help kratky 5
Help kratky 6
Help kratky 7
Help kratky 8
Help kratky 9
VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Update. I believe I was in the beginning phases of root rot and caught it in time. Immediately purchase Hydroguard and also decided to get an air stone for my res. My plant is doing much better now. She’s starting to pucker back up after I corrected the issue.

What I did:
I changed out the nutrient solution in my res and placed fresh water, nutes and Hydroguard. There was a couple of pieces of root that was kindof shriveled up and brown so I pinched those off. Then placed her back in the solution but this time I placed a sheet that’s light reflecting over my res that I bought with the Hydroguard. A few days ago, we decided to put up Mylar and didn’t consider that that would increase the temperature of the solution and also more rays were entering in my white 5 gallon res.... now we know. Ok so after that we placed the air stone and set it on low. After about 4-5 hours we finally see some improvement. I’m happy again. I was so stressed earlier in the day. Hope I was able to help anyone who is going through the same issues. And maybe I should have been more clear with my situation but I was freaking out lol.

chemistry

chemistry

Second to last picture looks like stem rot. The air stone will stop the plant drowning.

VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Second to last picture looks like stem rot. The air stone will stop the plant drowning.
Thanks for the reply! Now I know what stem rot looks like. Do you know if the stem will look better after it heals up? Does this mean that my plant has been drowning for a while now? Because I’ve notice the stem like this for maybe 2 weeks or so.

chemistry

chemistry

Thanks for the reply! Now I know what stem rot looks like. Do you know if the stem will look better after it heals up? Does this mean that my plant has been drowning for a while now? Because I’ve notice the stem like this for maybe 2 weeks or so.

Yep, been coming for a while, lack of air to the roots. Now you have air you have a chance to save your plant, but it's a fingers crossed job, if your leaves pick up, then you should be ok. If nothing else, you have learnt a valuable lesson in DWC. 👍

VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Update:

the plant went stagnant on me and showed improvement but then fell off again. I was hopeful but it was damping off. So I cut a couple of clones to see if it will take. I now have a new seedling in place and finally learned the importance of air stones and nute concentration. Just wondering, how does one keep the water in their res cool to temp? I have my res located in a closet that’s 75-80 degrees. the res without my intervention sits at around 76 degrees.
Yep, been coming for a while, lack of air to the roots. Now you have air you have a chance to save your plant, but it's a fingers crossed job, if your leaves pick up, then you should be ok. If nothing else, you have learnt a valuable lesson in DWC. 👍

Top Bottom