Help. Late flower White powdery mildew!

• Thread starter WeedStalkWonder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WeedStalkWonder

WeedStalkWonder

Hey all, I have two autos sharing a pot that definitely have WPM. I also found a small amount of bud rot which I cut out before noticing the WPM (first time ever seeing it so it wasn't clear right away). I think it's due to crazy humidity and a really rainy season (Ontario). I've read about how to fix it early, but these plants have like two weeks max left and I'm wondering if anything is salvageable? The buds are being used for edibles exclusively.

GUTTED to get this far with no issues then have this possibly ruin it all.

Help late flower white powdery mildew
Help late flower white powdery mildew 2
Oldman13

Oldman13

Hey all, I have two autos sharing a pot that definitely have WPM. I also found a small amount of bud rot which I cut out before noticing the WPM (first time ever seeing it so it wasn't clear right away). I think it's due to crazy humidity and a really rainy season (Ontario). I've read about how to fix it early, but these plants have like two weeks max left and I'm wondering if anything is salvageable? The buds are being used for edibles exclusively.

GUTTED to get this far with no issues then have this possibly ruin it all.
I don't know what the damn thing about Bud rot but I can see that white powdery mildew spotting up all over your plants Vine with Bud rot I don't know you might be at a total loss but I tell you I don't know! What I do know is diluted hydrogen peroxide will kill the white powdery mildew but if you're outside may God help you I have no idea what to do out there good luck hopefully somebody else here can tell you how to deal with the bud rot but I don't know doesn't look like it's salvageable??? I certainly wouldn't want to smoke it anyway

socks4free

socks4free

You can spray with hydrogen peroxide/water mix. Milk/water also works and I'm told it is sprayable till harvest though I was not brave enough to try it. I am currently fighting PM myself and bought some Amazing Dr Zymes after being recommended it on this site and have found it to be effective at clearing the PM.

On a sidenote if the PM is still on the plant at harvest you can do a h2o2/water bath and Clean the PM off and save the bud. Jorge Cervantes has a good video explaining it that can be found on YouTube. However any buds effected by Budrot will not be salvageable.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You are NOT at a total loss. Buy a small bottle of Green Cleaner and mix it according to the instructions for white powdery mold. Wait until just before your dark cycle and spray the living shit out of your plant. Everywhere, tops of leaves, bottoms of leaves, nugs and all. Drench those girls in Green Cleaner. Let it sit overnight. By day 2 the powdery mold should already be 85% better. On the second night do it one more time. The mold will barely be visible and you will be fine. It is the only product I will use for white mold in late flower. Its 100% organic and safe. You can even spray your nugs on harvest day. Im not a paid promoter for the product however its gotten me out of the woods twice with PM. Its worth the money buy it on Amazon so it gets to your house right away. You gotta get on that asap no later than a few days tops.

WeedStalkWonder

WeedStalkWonder

You can spray with hydrogen peroxide/water mix. Milk/water also works and I'm told it is sprayable till harvest though I was not brave enough to try it. I am currently fighting PM myself and bought some Amazing Dr Zymes after being recommended it on this site and have found it to be effective at clearing the PM.

On a sidenote if the PM is still on the plant at harvest you can do a h2o2/water bath and Clean the PM off and save the bud. Jorge Cervantes has a good video explaining it that can be found on YouTube. However any buds effected by Budrot will not be salvageable.
Thanks. How early did you notice the WPM?

WeedStalkWonder

WeedStalkWonder

I don't know what the damn thing about Bud rot but I can see that white powdery mildew spotting up all over your plants Vine with Bud rot I don't know you might be at a total loss but I tell you I don't know! What I do know is diluted hydrogen peroxide will kill the white powdery mildew but if you're outside may God help you I have no idea what to do out there good luck hopefully somebody else here can tell you how to deal with the bud rot but I don't know doesn't look like it's salvageable??? I certainly wouldn't want to smoke it anyway
Haha yep, I'm outside! These plants have some beautiful buds and it would be a shame to see them go to waste. Cross your fingers for me :)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The hydrogen peroxide will work, but you will lose some potency because you will 'wash' trichs away with the H-peroxide. Get a gallon of regular Vitamin D milk (not low fat or skim or 2%) and mix it 50/50 with water. Spray the plants. Let dry. Spray rinse with clear water. It will take 2-4 treatments on average to get rid of all of it.

Oldman13

Oldman13

The hydrogen peroxide will work, but you will lose some potency because you will 'wash' trichs away with the H-peroxide. Get a gallon of regular Vitamin D milk (not low fat or skim or 2%) and mix it 50/50 with water. Spray the plants. Let dry. Spray rinse with clear water. It will take 2-4 treatments on average to get rid of all of it.
I'm sure this is a much better suggestion they've done more research then I ever could do I'm just a lowly old man, Cellar dweller oh, some may say bottom dwelling scum sucker you're trying to do my best with T5 fluorescent lighting situation which is quite a challenge due to the stretch from low light I know they call them high output you will be lucky if they reach 2 feet with usable light into your canopy I resorted to wiring my girls for a better light condition

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm sure this is a much better suggestion they've done more research then I ever could do I'm just a lowly old man, Cellar dweller oh, some may say bottom dwelling scum sucker you're trying to do my best with T5 fluorescent lighting situation which is quite a challenge due to the stretch from low light I know they call them high output you will be lucky if they reach 2 feet with usable light into your canopy I resorted to wiring my girls for a better light condition
Hey, @Oldman13, lets see your setup and lights.

Oldman13

Oldman13

Not to mention I've been trying to get some answers from here on a thread or post that I posted which is called the– – a stitch in time saves nine– but now I've about run out of time I haven't received any answers as of yet and I have finished showing my girl bag for my young lady Miss Ringo OG AKA Kush tomorrow I will go ahead and do the transplant with answers or not- - - - - -

0820211916 Film4
0819212240 Film4
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Cool. Do you have a link to your other topic? I'll look and see whats up.
Do you have a pic of your lite?

Oldman13

Oldman13

Not to mention I've been trying to get some answers from here on a thread or post that I posted which is called the– – a stitch in time saves nine– but now I've about run out of time I haven't received any answers as of yet and I have finished showing my girl bag for my young lady Miss Ringo OG AKA Kush tomorrow I will go ahead and do the transplant with answers or not- - - - - -
that is Miss Ringo OG behind the finished grobag her new home her new set of clothes or underwear with your where you want to look at it but she needs to go into the bud room approximately 10 days after I transplant her tomorrow I just a.m.. having a problem deciding on what to put in medium due to it is so close to the 12 12 flip and I'm worried about slow release nitrogen at a time when I'm supposed to be cut down to 50% in nitrogen from what I understand the bat guano is a slow-release and I wouldn't want it to release 30 days into the bloom at full strength

Oldman13

Oldman13

Cool. Do you have a link to your other topic? I'll look and see whats up.
Do you have a pic of your lite?
You cannot find it by the name I don't know how to tell you the link I am having a problem working all the controls here I don't know how to work any of them the name of the thread or post or whatever it's called – – a stitch in time saves nine

Oldman13

Oldman13

You cannot find it by the name I don't know how to tell you the link I am having a problem working all the controls here I don't know how to work any of them the name of the thread or post or whatever it's called – – a stitch in time saves nine

Download 20210820 155301
Oldman13

Oldman13

I'm sorry but Did you ask for a picture of my T5 fluorescent to lights
these are in the veggie room 65k T5 fluorescent tubes I can't open the Bud room right now they are in their sleep mode but it's the same type of T5 fluorescent fixtures with Bloom bulbs nowhere near the past I know it's just what I can afford not only the system but electrical bill as well

Oldman13

Oldman13

View attachment 1159623 these are in the veggie room 65k T5 fluorescent tubes I can't open the Bud room right now they are in their sleep mode but it's the same type of T5 fluorescent fixtures with Bloom bulbs nowhere near the past I know it's just what I can afford not only the system but electrical bill as well
Typo correction past was supposed to be best

Top Bottom