Help!!!!!!!!!!! Leaves brownin, yellowing!!!

• Thread starter uefear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

uefear

http://i26.invalid.com/2gt7ol1.jpg

4 plants growing right now all in the same conditions, same water, same soil.

This one plant is giving me problems. I have not fed it anything and I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. This is supposed to be good stuff and has a natural pH buffer in it.

I use distilled water to water with and my runoff pH was about 6.5 last time I checked but I am going to keep my eye on this better.

Any help please? It started off not looking that bad, and it has just gotten worse. It is working its way from the bottom up.

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds
2. How old are your plants? 34 Days
3. How tall are your plants? Maybe 12"
4. What size containers are they planted in? 1 Gal 10"
5. What is your soil mix? FF Ocean Forest
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Distilled Water as needed 2-4 days just depends.
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? None
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
CFL's like 300 watt.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? a couple inches away.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2 feet wide and 4 feet long and height isn't issue.
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 79-81 Fahrenheit humidity at 45%
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.5
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Nope
16. How much experience do you have growing? Not a lot.

U

uefear

Dang 30 views and no help. My poor plant is bein taken over by these horrible brown spots and yellowin shown in the picture. :sad0123:

H

heater

Have you tried cal-mag ?
Thats the first thing i would do. This advice from a junior farmer..:rasta:

U

uefear

No I have not added anything to it. I will look into Cal-Mag but I think the soil should have plenty in it. I transplanted the plants into bigger pots with fox farms ocean forest soil on jun 29th.

H

heater

People have had some problems with FF lately. More wood chips or filler posted by someone who seemed close by the FF plant.

U

uefear

Probably true in this economy, but still the other 3 are from the same 10 pack of seeds as this plant and they all look good. Just this one looks like its getting taken over by the stuff in the picture.

U

uefear

if you grab yourself a bottle of superthrive. you will never have any problems

Isn't that for taking cuttings/clones off of a mother plant and helpin them grow and root quicker? It does say something about helping your sick plant.

SUPERthrive is a vitamin and hormone solution that increases the overall health of your plants. Use it with your cutting concentrate to increase your success with cuttings and increase the survival rate of difficult transplants. SUPERthrive is super concentrated. You use only a drop per gallon.

SuperThrive increases yields, and helps plants grow faster by stimulating the production of natural hormones. Works great with both hydroponics and soil gardening. It is also excellent for helping young seedlings get a quick start on life, or for reviving sickly plants. Do not use more than the recommended dosage of 1/4 teaspoon per gallon. SuperThrive can be used every time you water your plants. SuperThrive is not a fertilizer; therefore you may use it in addition to (not instead of) ordinary fertilizers or plant food.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
In my experience with FFocean forrest I had to add 2 tbs. of dolomite lime per gallon of soil, and also add 30% perlite as it compacts down reducing your oxygen supply. Good luck, RB

U

uefear

Will it hurt anything to add dolomite lime to the top of my soil and just water it in that way?

C

Core

don't do that...they will not like that imho...
FFOF is very hot..its similar to a all-mix..you should not be feeding them much
and i believe you did not...keep it like that untill they start to give signs of underfgeeding....instea of burns....only then start to suppliment with nutrients

also i don't recommend watering with only distilled...maybe a 50/50 is better

S

sativablast

i fink yu shud go over 2 the soil section and ask there people saying superthrive and cal-mag are talking hydro man go ask over at soil.
Superthrive wont fix wat yu got and dont think its cal-mag dont waste yur $ the soil
growers shud know.

P

PRODUCT

how about a better pic??! any plant is good in soil for the first few weeks.. use very little b vitamins and some seaweed...

if the plant and roots are already damaged from over feeding.. it'll be a bit tricky to come back from it

D

Denny Crane

Hydrated lime will act faster than dolomite lime. But I think if your pH is in line, I'd try to find something that wouldn't screw with pH first.
Super-Thrive would be a good choice to try, as would cal-mag. But Cal-Mag will raise the pH a pretty good bit, so be careful with it also. Always check pH before feeding. R U checking? Pen? Reagent Kit?

Out of 4 grows under my belt, I've had at least one girl each grow do that for no apparent reason. I've seen it during veg, but for the most part it happens to me during the first 1/2 of flower.

Top Bottom