help! let's hash out this delema

• Thread starter Camdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

i got some purple kush full melt and its really top notch. thing is its just too damn sticky to roll out into a snake. i like to wrap hash around joints like an anaconda on its prey. how can i make it hold form better and not just start sticking to everything. should i fold in a lil kif?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
You had me at "I like to wrap hash around joints like an anaconda on its prey"

Sometimes you can just keep it out and dehydrate it to be less sticky and sometimes it never gets to where you want it. In those cases I heat it up a bit and get it as liquid as possible and paint it on the paper and then roll it up. I just roll up as many as I need to use it up. or I just keep it on a piece of tinfoil and take my pocket knife and spread it on the outside of a joint or a cigarette.

Camdawg

Camdawg

i keep it in the butter compatment of my fridge. i just got it but i like to work my full meltwas told it brought out the smell and taste it might've been plocibo effect but i think it works. i put it between two plastic bags press it flat fold it and roll in to a ball and repeat. i put on a movie and go into auto mode

G

Green Supreme

Get who ever made it too dry it out next time. Love dry powder that melts into a puddle. Peace GS

Blaze

Blaze

Keeping it frozen will make it easy to handle. Folding some kif into it usually works well too. With good hash that extra stickiness often has to do with the resins and oils still being in tact (a good thing), not excess moisture.

G

Green Supreme

Properly dried, pressed hash goes hard as rock when it cools then becomes malleable when heated. I find most soft hash folks show me is still wet. Peace GS

Blaze

Blaze

True full melt will almost always be pliable and slightly sticky, even when fully dried. I've got some on my desk right now that has been sitting out for 2+ months and is still slightly sticky and soft. Most rock hard hash sucks IMO, as it usually means that few, if any, of the oils remain in tact, or that it contains contaminants, or that it has been pressed excessively and the gland heads have ruptured.

Camdawg

Camdawg

being cali local i gotta go with blaze on this i dont like rocky hash and only use it for cooking. im gonna cut this in half and spread it flat and leave one half out. i have been able to freeze it then chip it into lil flakes. someone told me to mircowave it on low for like 10 secs and it would crumble but i havent tried it yet seems kinda strange

G

Green Supreme

Bubbleman has some great shots of some Catpiss hash that he pressed for a Cannabis Culture mag. Truly some of the nicest hash I have puffed and indeed the best at the Legends of Hash party that year at his shop. FMCD all the way. Powder dry as a bone{Like sand in fact}. After pressing the block{which required almost no heat} it hardened so hard it hurt when I tried to chip off a piece off with my thumb nail.

Most folks are so afraid their hash won't melt that they don't dry it properly. I have a little test for wet hash. Press it in a ball and leave it. In a couple of days try press it again. Wet hash turns to a waxy powder that will not repress. Peace GS

Camdawg

Camdawg

GS ill try your test tech but have a feeling this shit will always want to stick together.

G

Green Supreme

Oh and stuff left out for months only dries on the outside. Air cannot pass through so it does not dry further. Peace GS

Blaze

Blaze

Most folks are so afraid their hash won't melt that they don't dry it properly. I have a little test for wet hash. Press it in a ball and leave it. In a couple of days try press it again. Wet hash turns to a waxy powder that will not repress. Peace GS

I would definitely agree with that. However, you can still get hash that stays pliable and soft even after being properly dried and cured and does not turn into a white waxy powder. That being said, over drying it is also bad and many people over dry their bubble hash. Totally bone dry hash is like totally bone dry bud - not nearly as good as it could have been. Usually over-drying can result it hard, crumbly hash that does not want to press, does not bubble well, and does not taste or smell particularly good. If over exposed to air and oxygen the trich heads will themselves will dry out and wither which degrades the quality. After a certain point your hash is not drying any more; is is degrading.

G

Green Supreme

Dry is dry. Can it get drier once dry? I think not. I bet finding wet hash is much easier than finding hash too dry. Do whatcha like. Peace GS

Latest posts

Top Bottom