Help! Looked Like It Got Dusted With Baking Soda

• Thread starter vzuez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vzuez

Leaves look transparent started off with what looked like it got dusted with baking soda

Help looked like it got dusted with baking soda
Help looked like it got dusted with baking soda 2
V

vzuez

what is ur medium? PPM?
It's my own compost. She's an indoor plant but I take her outside for a few hours everyday and one day she had this white powder looking stuff on her and now it's getting worst it's just on one leaf but looks like it might be spreading

V

vzuez

It's my own compost. She's an indoor plant but I take her outside for a few hours everyday and one day she had this white powder looking stuff on her and now it's getting worst it's just on one leaf but looks like it might be spreading

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Search for powdery mildew to rule that out. If you run a humidifier, it could be calcium from the water vapor.
I have very hard water in my area. Over 600ppm. I used to use it my wick humidifiers. The deposits from the fall out caused a bleaching or powdery look and also affected some leaves with a mag deficiency look. It took over a month to figure out the cause. Lost a lot of leaves. But we're back on track with RO store water at .50cents a gallon. It's adding up in cost but the plants are looking great again.

madgrower

madgrower

Any critters under leaves..back and forth in and out may have caught something

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Just my opinion, when your girl starts growing bigger and being an outside/inside plant the nasty's of the great outdoors can be drug inside. I keep outside plants outside and inside, inside. I learned this lesson the hard way corrupting all my inside plants with the vermin from outside. Just sayin'

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Its still 2 little, but if you are seeing bugs use a bit of De earth, this will kill any pests organically, and add a bit of calcium to your mix. SNOLEPERD

Top Bottom