HELP low humidity in garden

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

My garden has no space to put a humidifier in it and my humidity is holding at 27-30% temp are 73-75F, I mist heavily once a week alternating neem and liquid seaweed. My climate is very dry and most people here that I've seen use humidifiers have PM here.
So my question is will this low humidity and me misting them be enough?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I had the same problem. I had the space for a small filterless humidifier, but it only raised the humidity about 5% to about 40%. I ended up taking a more brute approach, and put a much larger humidifier with a hygrometer OUTSIDE my room, and it raises the humidity in the room to a much happier 55%. If I run both the inside and outside humidifiers, I can get the humidity to about 60%. 55% works for me. I have pretty good air exchange, so luckily I have yet to have PM problems. Good luck!

outwest

P

paulycali

I would think so. Lower humidity will fend off pm for sure. Your humidity is good enough not great but good enough. I like to be between 40-50%. Your temps are great. You should be fine

Good luck with your grow and i hope you make it through with no issue. Keep up the good work and have a happy growing of a day :)

Danoid

Danoid

There are some strains of PM that flourish at lower humidities also. Do you have a fan in the room.If you do you can take a tee shirt soak it in water ring out the water so it does not drip on fan motor and that will add some moister to the air. What I do alot of times in my humidity doom is take containers of water and put an airstone in them. I fight low RH all the time but I am luckey enough to have room for a humidifier. Good Luck

LEDhead

LEDhead

So if I was to put a humidifier in the room the tent is in would that bring the humidity? I've got a 6" cool tube only one end is ducted and I have a small 6" fan in there and all my flaps at bottom of tent are open so the intake pulls in fresh air

P

paulycali

If you add a humidifier you will get more humidity in the room. Maybe some more heat from the unit but your temps seem good so the excess heat the humidifier gives off should be all good

LEDhead

LEDhead

If you add a humidifier you will get more humidity in the room. Maybe some more heat from the unit but your temps seem good so the excess heat the humidifier gives off should be all good

I was going to get a cool mist humidifier and just put it outside the tent in the closet the tents in I could go with a Target $30-40 one or Lowes has a nice digital setting one for $70
Will that raise temps?

I'd love to post pics but I only have my iPhone, is there a way to still post pics from the iPhones?

G

GrimloxK

don't even sweat it op...my humidity sometimes goes down to 15% when lights are on. My rh fluctuates between 15%-65% all the damn time and i'm still seeing good bud being produced.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
as long as your not growing large trees or runing rdwc you should be ok with that range

hiboy

hiboy

At target i picked up a vicks humidifier. If you purchase a controller for it you wont have to fill it everyday. I didnt have a controller at first so i was filling all the time. After i got a controller it made my life way easier, def. worth the hundred bucks for it.
h

LEDhead

LEDhead

Tried to run a humidifier in the closet the tents in and 24 hours later it was still only 27% but temps go way down to like 67f lights on so I removed the humidifier

LEDhead

LEDhead

From my last grow which had a 45-50% RH to this tent that only has 27% the leafs are not as big or green as my last but they are different genetics so only time will tell but I've tried everything and nothing raising it so I just gave up I'll have to deal with it being low in veg
Living in HELL is hot and dry

Dutchdaisy

Dutchdaisy

Don't sweat it, I've been growing in AZ for years, no humidity in the Hindu Kush mountains either, I think it's harder to deal with RH then the lack of it, Peace, Growon!

D

dallas762

I put a small tererium fogger in my veg room and now am running a 42-61%rh. I have read that a 60-80% rh is good for veg while a 40-60% is good in flower. So with that being said i am trying to keep my flower at 40 and veg at 60 so i am on the lower end of the spectrum to help with p.m and bugs.

T

TheFarmersSon

Sunlight Supply sells a high output commercial unit. Expensive, but it cranks it out....

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Yeah I have a small humidifer in my room, it doesnt take up much space and if your plants are big enough you can just place in the center of the area. But mine was a 30% before now its about 40% Hopefully that will change as they get bigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom