Help me choose between 2 leds please

• Thread starter GrowWeedQuestion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What two leds would be better for my 8x4 tent?

• Total voters
Indiva710

Indiva710

Agreed however everyone has different desires and plans for a grow and maybe they are previous growers who just want to switch to LEDs too so it's all personal preference but the cheap LEDs will work by all means that's what I started on was cheap blurples and they were well worth the money that's for sure...But just do your research and don't do a impulse buy.. also you can't compare cheap vs quality of course as you get what you pay for at the end of the day...

BigCube

BigCube

right on guys you win, i won't buy one! last thing i want is to piss off a bunch of users here when i'm new here myself. and for the fucking record i do not own a fucking mars light!!!!! i own a tent i bought on sale and its great ! i'm sure you guys can bash on my spider farmer LED's or whatever isn't the latest, greatest or most expensive shit known to man. i did my own research when i decided on lights and not once did i ask here on this forum for this very reason. lights seem like cars or dicks around here. who has the bigger one! at my age i do not give a fuck... i'm test driving a sweet mini van this week :) also" i never told the guy to buy one" ?? hell i didn't even vote as i know nothing about either of his choices. as for your choice in lights and hate towards LED's, well really ask yourself who besides you gives a fuck about your tent? run what your brung brother
you and that other cat keep throwing the word hate around and attaching it to me and my comments. that is untrue, the hate here today is from you guys towards mars LEDs and most LED's as i can tell. i was merely illustrating that if someone bad mouths something enough people begin to wonder. but don't worry i won't purchase a light from them and to be honest, i would suggest @MarsHydroLED pull their support of this forum in light of all the negative comments and hate directed at them as a company. i still love my tent. good talking to you guys this morning, i'm over this thread so reply or not i won't read it.

OG

Nobody will curse you for the lights you choose to buy, the best thing about thcfarmer is we dont do that kind of stuff here 😆

That being said, most of us genuinely care and want to help. We want to see you succeed! So when we down talk certain products, it's not cause we have a grudge with the company or have a personal vendetta against the product. It's because we want to save you the trouble and help you choose the best options for your situation.

I used to not like quantum boards. Because, the name alone set me off. Any product with Quantum in the name is usually a scam, they seem like more of a tool than a dressed up light fixture, and the price was just insane for anything "brand" name.

But after talking it over with forum members, researching information and comparing data I came to realize that for me, quantum boards are the best choice I can make. They can be had for a much lower price, and who really cares what a fixture looks like or what it's called.

In the end, you're going to buy what appeals to you and your sense of what you need for your grow. Nobody will fault you for that 😀 you can do much worse than mars. You're the one who needs to be happy with your purchase, so do some research, crunch some numbers and ask a bunch of questions before you spend your money. If you're happy with your purchase, we are happy for you 👍

texasmac54

texasmac54

I have used 2 BESTVA 2000Ks for a couple of years now. They do generate a lot of heat, but do well for the vegging stage. I tried them thru one bloom and was very disappointed in their production. For the blooming stage I have gone back to the 1000W HPS system, I have not seen any LEDs that can produce massive buds as the HPS.

I purchased my BESTVA LEDS thru Amazon, which came with a 3 year warranty. One light had a bank of lights fail after a year and a half , so I went back thru Amazon to my origianl order and filed a warranty replacement. Amazon communicated with BESTVA, in turn Bestva sent me an email requesting pictures of the light with issues. I received a
repalcement within a week, which was their newest 2000K light. I fixed the bad bank of lights by replacing a bad BLUE LED in the bank that quit working. I will continue to use the LEDs for the veggie stage only, until they quit working.

From my experience, I beleive the LEDs I use are way over rated and produce more heat than effcient light. There are tons of LEDs on the market, making it a true overload of information and which to choose. From my experience, I plan to wait until the technology is further developed and the prices drop before wasting my money on cheap Chinese technology. For me and the bloom stage, a 1000 Watt HPS bulb is much cheaper in cost and has provided great results over and over.

By no means am I an expert, just providing you information of what I have discovered with my BAD LED choice. Hope this helps. Happy growing.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
They grow plants sure but at a much lower efficiency than a good set of components and with far less reliability.

Nothing to prove but their advertising worked on you.
yeah, we are THCfarmer sponsor and advertisement here, but no sponsor or any discount for zarkgrey

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Wondering what led lights would be better for my tent. I have a 8’x4’ tent, it will have 4 flowering plants in it with 2 lights. There will be a light on the left side over 2 plants and a light on the right side over 2 plants. I am trying to decide between 2 lights. I was wondering if someone with experience knows what would be better for my grow.

(These are what i think are the best options in my price range)
Two of the “ Mars hydro TSW 2000w
Or
Two of the “ Bestva dc series 3000w “

I read somewhere that the yellow full spectrum is better because it is closer to actual sunlight that is why i was considering the mars hydro. But the bestva lights are 3000w instead of 2000w but the light is purple not yellow.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance
Would two of these be better?

Meijiu Novedades 2020 Hlg 550 V2 480W Fomex, Shenzhen Indoor Garden Growing IR

im a little nervous about buying a random chinese brand and running it all day but a few people mentioned them and i was thinking about trying them
f the question. If anyone has suggestions on what 2 lights i should get let me know. Im in canada so they will need to be able to ship to canada.
Hello @GrowWeedQuestion , thank you that consider our TSW2000, hope you already find the decent light, Whether or not you have purchased our lights, I'd like to share some info about Mars Hydro. According to the released customs data so far, Mars Hydro is the biggest LED grow light and grow tent exporter in China. And we have warehouse in Canada, free shipping, arrange the shipping within 24 bussiness hour when have stock. And just like other farmers said do search, read the specification before you purchase the LEDs. Anyway, any questions about our products just PM me or email me at [email protected] Happy growing in 2020

Last edited:
MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Lol. At least if you buy one you might get a free random outdated lamp from their warehouse they cant sell. Nice! ;-)
Sorry, the Christmas lucky bag is over, no free light anymore😎

FourthCity

FourthCity

Sorry, the Christmas lucky bag is over, no free light anymore😎
You might want to tell that to whoever is running your website.
Mh

Patro

Patro

Here's my 2 cents worth. I needed to make the change to LED. I tried to years ago when the era of "blurples" was upon us. I spent a lot of green on some pretty lights. Buts that about it. Fast forward to about a year ago. I REALLY began researching LED's. Specifically one that could TRULY replace HPS lighting with LED's.
I remained skeptacle about them until I seen the first introduction into the Samsung LM-301's, and they were tied to an HLG Quantum board.
From there I began to research. I mean really perform some due diligence. After spending countless hours scrubbing the internet, YouTube, blogs, ect. I was getting just a tad convinced there might actually be something to these LED's today. That prompted me to purchase a PAR meter. After playing around with it on my HPS lights, I took it to the hydro store that had the Quantum board and began to perform my own testing. For our small commercial grow, I needed to be around 800-1000 PAR across the canopy, and I needed 32 lights per room. I was blown away to find out this light utilizing the Samsung LM-301 chipset was truly a replacement for our tried and true HPS lighting. From there I put several emails to HLG, but they were always on backorder and I needed more than one light. So I kept digging and soon enough I found an alternative to HLG that had a telephone and actually answered it. After learning more about the company and the product I was sold. Not only did they use the same top shelf LM-301's but they improved the rest of the package as well.
For one, the HLG is 4 LM-301 boards attached to a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate. The driver is attached to the center of that plate, between the 4 boards. I assure you, the driver is absorbing WAY more heat off the boards than it would ever put off on it's own. That's a sure-fire way to shorten the life of the driver, no doubt. At least putting standoffs between the plate and the driver would help dramatically. My last gripe with this otherwise outstanding board is after a good year of running a plastic clear film began separating on the board, though the light was still working.
20191101 155259

Anyway, we needed a solution and HLG was unable to deliver at the time, so my solution was to go with Atreum Lighting. For one, the LM-301's have proven themselves, time after time. Also, Atreum uses true heatsinks, one for each board. Better still is the frame they use to put 4 (or 5) of these boards together. It reminds me of an adult Erector set, and allows me to move the boards around on the frame for a perfect lighting footprint. They provide Meanwell drivers, and the 490's are all capable of overclocking to near 550 watts, giving in our growroom one board for each plant or about 137.5 watts per plant.
whichever direction you go, be sure you got the LM-301's and you wont go wrong. Heck, I hear Samsung already has an improvement OVER the LM-301's, so you might want to look into that!
20191203 165817

We are just now firing up grow room number one. If all goes well, I have four more rooms, each requiring 32 1000 watt HPS LED replacements for flowering duties.
Good luck in your decision!

Last edited:
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Neither. Both are junk. Look at HLG quantum boards - Samsung leds in strips of similar. What your currently deciding between are both poor quality grow lights and I would recommend not using either

buy a real light

not from amazon

hlg, Timber, etc. lots of good leds out there

Anthem

Anthem

I am pretty new to the game, but I would like to share some of my experiences in regards to LED Lights. I started out using an LED light for Veging Clones and Moms. That first light was from Mars. Reflector Series, darn thing ran trouble free for 2 years. Still have it, but I am not using it at this time. No complaints with the light. Next I wanted to start flowering indoors. I would spend my lunch break and weekends looking up lights. Using Google and searching on things such as "Best LED Light of 2018". I must have searched for a good 3 weeks and at the end I was so confused I did not what to believe. One day on my way home from work I stopped by a hydro store off the interstate and I was looking at something like the Timber, it had an aluminum plate and it was pretty bright. The tech behind the counter was explaining things to me and mentioned Gavita had came out with an LED. I took a blind leap of fate and just bought a Gavita 1650 ML. Put it in s 5 x 5 tent and started growing. Tent I had was only 80" tall. So I had to be careful with the light because it was so powerful and I did not have a controller to dim it. What I did learn was to look at the numbers, not the claims of this or that. But the PPFD, true watts, spectrum, and how efficient the lights were.
I returned to using Google and did the same search as before, but this time it was 2019, the strange that was the same light companies were getting all of the editors choice awards and such. No Fluence, no Gavita, no HLG just the cheap Chinese imports. I started to look at the name of the website that was posting the information and they were not really associated with any publications in the Cannabis Industry or anything. Finally a light went on in my head and I realized that these low end Chinese light manufacturers were having the websites built and using them to basically do the advertising for them.
Going forward I got into a jamb over summer and I needed an LED for Veg so I went on the big A and found Bestva. Had all kinds of great reviews and the light I ended up purchasing was suppose to be a true 1000 watt replacement. So I get a text and the light is on my front porch. I can tell right when I saw the size of the box I was in trouble. The box was less that 14" x 14" and I think the light was right around 12" x 12". In good faith I tried the light, did the plant grow, yes like palm trees. They would stretch like crazy, so really the light was not working to the standards the company has posted in the claims or reviews. I took advantage of the Big A return policy and returned the like. Secondly, I posted a true review of the light on the big A. Well I started to get emails form the manufacturer. Ultimately, I was offered my money back, keep the light and just change my review to a positive review. I choose to stand by my opinion and let any person new to the seen see the issue.
The point of all of this rant is you get what you pay for. It has been a lot of work to get to were I am today growing wise, but I can say pay for good lights and you will be rewarded. Rather that be a DIY kit or a box purchase. But be aware the claims that a 2 hundred dollar light can do what a 1500 dollar light can do it just that a claim.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Pro tip: any search of best x of xxxx, top 10 review websites. All fake, ran by people like me lol. Just saying whatever to get you to buy.

Go look at the profiles of reviews on amazon. Most are just fake, paid, spam.

Your best place is reading real reviews on the forums. Then, you get companies....

Who manipulate the system. Because their products can't speak for themselves. Spreading misinformation to sell units.

Sorry that happened.

Last edited:
bunkerking

bunkerking

with all the hate towards the @MarsHydroLED lights. you can bet i'm going to buy one and try it next cycle in one of my tents. i will use it full cycle on some auto's and log that shit. i have a hard time believing they are that bad? stay tuned boys and girls. "did you see what i did, there"?

OG

How about a side by side. Led vs mh. Hell run similar wattage. Let's give it a fair test. Two clones from the same mom. That would be interesting.

Anthem

Anthem

How about a side by side. Led vs mh. Hell run similar wattage. Let's give it a fair test. Two clones from the same mom. That would be interesting.
This would be an interesting experiment. In theory with a good LED the watts for a direct replacement to say a 1000 watt is around 650 watts. So a 600 watt MH over ran by 10 percent would probably be about equal. In my mind I already know the outcome, but there is some issues with the LED's. They seem to require different amounts of nuts than the ML, this has been my experience.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yah on paper Led would win. But I bet money on mh winning. Depending on the bulb. Huge factor.

Top Bottom