help me cut down on learning curve

• Thread starter swamp man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jaybudding

Probably just means water ph to 5.5-6.5. I find about 5.8 works for me! Pretty sure!

catdaddy

catdaddy

i normally flush it with 6.5 plain water before i use it. if you plan on starting seeds in coco, i would suggest flushing/precharging it with cal/mag before you do.

Cort

Cort

I wash coir with hot tap water, just fill the pot and let'er run. When my tds/ec gets down to near what is going in I use a weak mix cheap powdered nute and epsom salt flush PHed to 5.7 -5.8. I do this till my ph gets 5.8 or so.

First couple feedings is heavy calmag.

New coir will soak up mg and deprive your plant.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Dont bother its clean. The company is doing this already, simply make sure you are feed the proper pH and your good to go. Sorry I completely disagree with the need for added CalMag. If you are feeding a complete nutrient to your plants they will never go without. and will have no need for anything extra. moisten and feed as usual. I help run a warehouse for a MMJ shop in Boulder, 64 k watts... subsequent feedings @5.8 will serve you well

Peace

J

jaybudding

Dont bother its clean. The company is doing this already, simply make sure you are feed the proper pH and your good to go. Sorry I completely disagree with the need for added CalMag. If you are feeding a complete nutrient to your plants they will never go without. and will have no need for anything extra. moisten and feed as usual. I help run a warehouse for a MMJ shop in Boulder, 64 k watts... subsequent feedings @5.8 will serve you well

Peace
I agree about the coco being washed but some strains need extra calmag or if you run ro cal and mag are removed some companies don't add it cause its in your tap water several companies sell calmag additive for a reason! Even house and garden put out their new nitro boost with added magnesium!

Top Bottom