Help me decide chop time!

• Thread starter dutchroot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dutchroot

Hello! Exactly 7 days ago I posted some trichome photos and someone on the forum helped me estimate that it was 7-10 days from chop.

Today is the first day of that window, so I figured I should do some crowdsourcing again and see what you all think. This is my first grow so I want the extra reassurance :)

There are 2 strains in the tent. Here are their photos taken today 7/26/2023:

Crazy Glue (Bubba Kush x GG#4)

Help me decide chop time

Help me decide chop time 2

Berry Crunch
Help me decide chop time 3

Help me decide chop time 4

Additional question: I have 2 strains in the tent. When I chop, should I chop everything at the same time, or is there any reason to try to stagger it? I only have the one tent so I think I have to chop all at once so I can use the tent to dry, but correct me if I'm wrong.

B

Bdubs

Chop em both. If you have not flushed, 2 days flush with straight ph water and chop.

B

Bdubs

This really comes down to what you want out of your weed. This is going to cure primo thc after a 2 day flush. You’ll be bright white after cure.

socks4free

socks4free

Hello! Exactly 7 days ago I posted some trichome photos and someone on the forum helped me estimate that it was 7-10 days from chop.

Today is the first day of that window, so I figured I should do some crowdsourcing again and see what you all think. This is my first grow so I want the extra reassurance :)

There are 2 strains in the tent. Here are their photos taken today 7/26/2023:

Crazy Glue (Bubba Kush x GG#4)

View attachment 2014311
View attachment 2014312

Berry Crunch
View attachment 2014313
View attachment 2014314

Additional question: I have 2 strains in the tent. When I chop, should I chop everything at the same time, or is there any reason to try to stagger it? I only have the one tent so I think I have to chop all at once so I can use the tent to dry, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Well it would depend on what kinda high your looking for from your bud. If you cut them now they will have a More cerebral kinda daytime high. While if you wait till there is more amber than cloudy you will get a more sedating high. (This is relative of course, genetics still plays a large role in what kinda high your gonna experience)

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd say you're in the window. Waiting would provide a more mellow high. I always stress myself when I'm trying to decide when to chop, even though I'm sure a few days one way or the other probably won't make much of a difference.

It sounds like you should do both so you can dry them both. I haven't found a better place to dry them than a tent with climate controls. It's what I use.

Top Bottom