Help Me Decide How To Heat My Greenhouse

• Thread starter JSmokes420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Weighing my options on heating this winter.

Option 1
Ventless 30k BTU blue flame heater possibly x2

+Easy installation
+Works when power is off
+Low cost

-not sure if they will work at 7k elevation

Option 2
Modline Hot Dawg 50k

+ Definitely would keep things warm

-not sure where to install in the greenhouse
-must be vented
-cost is higher than all other options

Option 3
Radiant tube heater 50k btu

+Easy installation
+Very good heat even spread with 30ft tube
+Most fuel efficient

-double the cost of cheapest option
-needs power to operate

Which would you pick and why?
user_online.gif
reputation.gif
report.gif

Wildill

Wildill

I would go with the blues flame heater because you can get co2 as as by product and it's cheaper.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

What do you think about the elevation and the low oxygen sensor? Considering I am in a greenhouse is there a way to bypass the sensor?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

have the lights on at night and use the suns heat during the day to help boost what ever heater u go with

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I have a modine hotdawg in my 16x36 at 6500'. Works great. It does take up about a 4x4 footprint. Quite, reliable and efficient. Worth every penny IMO.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I have a modine hotdawg in my 16x36 at 6500'. Works great. It does take up about a 4x4 footprint. Quite, reliable and efficient. Worth every penny IMO.

What size unit do you have? I am in need of a greenhouse heater myself. Farmtek recommends the modine effinity units. They are 93% efficiency units compared to the hotdawg @ 80%. Farmtek says the hotdawgs will rust out much faster. Anyone elses thoughts? they want something like 2300 for a 110k btu effinity, nearly double the hotdawg

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

How is yours mounted?
On a steel stand 4' up off
The ground.
What size unit do you have? I am in need of a greenhouse heater myself. Farmtek recommends the modine effinity units. They are 93% efficiency units compared to the hotdawg @ 80%. Farmtek says the hotdawgs will rust out much faster. Anyone elses thoughts? they want something like 2300 for a 110k btu effinity, nearly double the hotdawg
I don't really recall. It's 5 years old. Looks like new, still.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Your heat exchanger itself looks good? I think I'm buying a hot dawg. any issues with light coming off the heater? Anyhow not trying to jack the thread I just don't want to waste money

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

o your set up is not light porf?

I'm very confused....plants need 12hrs dark 12hrs light. The greenhouse has around 80 percent light transmission and it's diffused. I use the sun for supplement lighting. The primary lighting is 8k de

Top Bottom