Help Me Determine Proper Ph, Pics Attached

• Thread starter jinxjj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah im using an old hot water tank as my r/o storage and we had a hell of a time getting it cleaned out, and it was a good lookin used tank lol.so much gunk and slime was in it I almost gave up and tossed it.but we ended up putting a few gal of water and some CLR in it and rolled it around my yard, rinsed out well and has been fine for years.i wanted this because it holds pressure from my ro system where a plastic ag tank wont.plus it was free :)
That's a REALLY good idea. Mind if I pocket it to use later? :)

sixstring

sixstring

Its pretty slick.i help a friend during winter and he does hvac and some plumbing like water tank replacement. So I got one the was not that old cause they were upgrading to bigger.what we did was install an air valve up top where the water would normally be going out hot. The valve is from a boiler system, i dont know the name but it lets air into the tank as its filling or emptying but will not allow water in or out.then I just attached a garden hose to the bottom valve that is normlly used to drain the tank.so I always have 40 gals of ro ready for use and it keeps it cooler like 65f instead of room temp 76f.ill get some pics of the valve and put em up in my thread later.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Like a check valve? I remember one of the COLDEST fishrooms I ever worked (at Petschmo's distribution center) we used open systems, no filtration. So we plumbed the freshwater system to run through an old water heater first to keep system temps up. Worked GREAT, even if it wasted an incredible amount of water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom