Help me get the hang of this

• Thread starter CannaVet1303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaVet1303

CannaVet1303

Hey guys is this overwatering? 2 and a half weeks old. Temp is 88-90 and It’s been in the coco loco By fox farms. water only the entire time.

Help me get the hang of this
Help me get the hang of this 2
Help me get the hang of this 3
CannaVet1303

CannaVet1303

Every 2-4 days now, but I did water some recharge in a day after I watered. Maybe a small Dixie cup full.

growsince79

growsince79

cocoloco already has microbes. You don't need anything but water for at least a month? This is like my 5th time using it, haven't seen any burn yet. Maybe its your light.

CannaVet1303

CannaVet1303

It’s possible...I have an hlg 550...40 inches away from the cup. Ima back off and see what happens

CannaVet1303

CannaVet1303

I agree...was hoping to get another week an a half out of it while my soil cooks before a transplant...if it get much worse I’ll do so

growsince79

growsince79

I agree...was hoping to get another week an a half out of it while my soil cooks before a transplant...if it get much worse I’ll do so
Its already worse than you think. That plant at 2.5 weeks should be bigger.

CannaVet1303

CannaVet1303

Your right...my environment is not optimal yet so I know I’ll have stunted growth. Was hoping to rock it out another week

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
Use straight coco
Anything white will cause green algae
And who needs runoff? bottom feed
You’ll have no wet medium for bugs to lay eggs in. Take it from someone who’s grown in coco for over 10yrs. I’m not a know it all but I do know coco

B8DA1462 3CD7 43CD 96E4 33DFCF86AD8A
savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
Hey guys is this overwatering? 2 and a half weeks old. Temp is 88-90 and It’s been in the coco loco By fox farms. water only the entire time.
And to answer your original question
Yes you are overwatering
Before you water ask yourself is my coco dry on top? Is the pot heavy? Both of those are determining factors. If your coco is dry on top and you dig the tips of your fingers in and it’s dry then yes water. Watering is determined by the size of the plant. Just one word of caution. Any wet medium is prone to bug larvae so feed from the bottom whenever you can. And if your that guy “I’ve never had bugs” then you’ve never grown marijuana

CannaVet1303

CannaVet1303

Thanks...and I considered str8 coco but decided the coco loco and then transplant in a mix with living soil. Bottom feed as well from the autop pot....just gotta get there and I appreciate the help because I am willing to change styles and mediums to suit my needs. I’m new to this but will be growing the rest of my life.

Peso325

Peso325

Use straight coco
Anything white will cause green algae
And who needs runoff? bottom feed
You’ll have no wet medium for bugs to lay eggs in. Take it from someone who’s grown in coco for over 10yrs. I’m not a know it all but I do know coco
excuse me might be a dumb quastion but what is bottom feeding ? im currently growing in coco im useing Tupur natruel and organic royal gold , and i just noticed last nite that i got bugs in there i thought coco was suppsuse to help in prevnting bugs which is why i switched from soil how can i gt rid of them ?

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
Freeze the bag of coco in a deep freezer first. Seems to kill anything that might be in the bag. Try to feed from the bottom and let the plant decide what they want to drink. Any wet medium on the top will only cause you problems. If you feed from the top your problems will only persist.

Top Bottom