Help me getting to the right direction 😪

• Thread starter Heragrow13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Heragrow13

Heragrow13

Hey there THC famer community!

I am a noob on hydroponics and this will be my second set of Clones ever!
I purchase the clones from a Clone Suplier in my country these are really decent. (Never grew from seedlings before)

So I decided to upgrade my equipment this time to get bigger results than my first harvest.

I’ve went from an Amazon Offer of a 65watt little square of full spectrum to a Mars Hydro MH-SP-150.

My mistake: I’ve placed my just cut clones into the Mars System and I think they sort of received Light Damage (See actual Picture)

I’ve moved them to the noob 65watt set to give them some relief because I do not want to give up on them

Some have yellowed and lost their fan leaves and have really tiny leaves, Again I do not want to give up on them!

In the food department I’ve been providing them with 1,75 Litters of Really good 5.50 PH Quality Water including :
•2ml of Alga Roots (which I switched to Technaflora’s Root 66 on yesterdays mix)
•3ml of Alga Grow
•2ml of Technaflora’s Magical
Syntethic PH up
Lemon Juice PhDown

Besides the light Damage they seem to be saying thanks for the Extra Sun and Low Wattage Litghting.

What else u guys may do to keep in the right direction?

Thanks in advance and happy grow!

Swords Dance,
HeraGrow13

Help me getting to the right direction
ru knuts

ru knuts

My 8 clones are happy under 6400k cfl's. I believe they're 23 watts each, just a couple inches above the plants.

ru knuts

ru knuts

You may want to put them in another dark colored solo cup the roots may be getting light penetration from the white cups and they don't like light on the roots.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

I see you have your clones in dirt. This is the "hydroponic" section of this website. You'd probably get better responses in the right section. But. As mentioned above, the white cups need to be covered with something dark.(ducktape or black electrical tape. With your clones in the condition they are, I'd wait to transplant them until they are healthier. I also wouldn't be feeding them anything but water until they look better. The soil should provide your clones with enough nutrients to get by for a 7-10 days. Your ph of 5.5 is way to low for soil. You should be around 6.3-6.7 range. So. With that said, I believe your problem lies with the ph of your water. Your clones are getting starved because your ph is locking out any availability of nutrients to be taken up.

Heragrow13

Heragrow13

You may want to put them in another dark colored solo cup the roots may be getting light penetration from the white cups and they don't like light on the roots.
Interesting, My prior set of clones came in in a transparent Cup, and they rooted great with the alga roots 🤨
I definitely understand and agree with you, I will chage them to a non light absorbing cup!

Heragrow13

Heragrow13

I see you have your clones in dirt. This is the "hydroponic" section of this website. You'd probably get better responses in the right section. But. As mentioned above, the white cups need to be covered with something dark.(ducktape or black electrical tape. With your clones in the condition they are, I'd wait to transplant them until they are healthier. I also wouldn't be feeding them anything but water until they look better. The soil should provide your clones with enough nutrients to get by for a 7-10 days. Your ph of 5.5 is way to low for soil. You should be around 6.3-6.7 range. So. With that said, I believe your problem lies with the ph of your water. Your clones are getting starved because your ph is locking out any availability of nutrients to be taken up.
Thanks for the addresing, I appreciate it! I moved them to a dark cup! And wow, I am definitely a noob on PH,
I was letting them so low, noted, thanks again!

Heragrow13

Heragrow13

My 8 clones are happy under 6400k cfl's. I believe they're 23 watts each, just a couple inches above the plants.
So they will be ok with the Mars equipment? interesting, I read that clones should be ambient light for a period; I guess I will put the mars stuff back when I see em healthier 🙂

ru knuts

ru knuts

So they will be ok with the Mars equipment? interesting, I read that clones should be ambient light for a period; I guess I will put the mars stuff back when I see em healthier 🙂
I have a couple SP-250's but they are way to powerful for a tender seedling or clones imo. My 3 cfl's push 69 watts and my girls like it. I also have a POS led from home depot I use for seedling/clones that's about all it's good for. Not sure why I bought it, but I'm using for something. My clones started off 24 hours of light, once they got established, I cut it back to 18 hours. You'll get good use from your sp150's once they are established and in veg stage.
The important thing right now is getting them healthy.

ru knuts

ru knuts

Interesting, My prior set of clones came in in a transparent Cup, and they rooted great with the alga roots 🤨
I definitely understand and agree with you, I will chage them to a non light absorbing cup!
You probably can just get darker cups, cut the bottom out of them and just slide the white cups inside. Make sure not to block you drain holes.

Top Bottom