Help Me!!! Good Smell On Plant But Hay Smell On Drying

• Thread starter iiiiiphone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iiiiiphone

hello..
I harvested two days before
Until then, it smelled good (even yesterday), but now it smells like hay/grass.
Now, some branches bend well, but some branches do not bend well.
I used a dehumidifier to dry at 50% humidity.
I'm afraid it's drying too soon.
Does it smell hay while drying?
Plese help me
It's too painful

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Never trim your buds wet. Take the big fans off when you harvest. Always hang your intact branches or even whole plant for a minimum of 5 days before digging into the buds. That's sound advice if you want connoisseur quality.

I

iiiiiphone

Never trim your buds wet. Take the big fans off when you harvest. Always hang your intact branches or even whole plant for a minimum of 5 days before digging into the buds. That's sound advice if you want connoisseur quality.

trim after drying?
i saw what was posted to dry after triming at many websites..
is it wrong?
so.. what should i do ?

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

If your trimming wet, that's why your getting that hay smell. Never ever chop into a wet bud bro.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

At harvest take the big fans and hand either individual branches or the whole plant even better and lay back for a week. Drying is very crucial to the out come of quality. A long cure in my opinion won't barely help a wet trimmed bud.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

You'll get a lot of opinions on this subject but what I've told you is spot on sound advice.

Dunge

Dunge

This is a touchy subject.
I don't believe it matters when you trim.
It's about not drying the plant too fast.
I would put it in paper grocery bags to slow the dry and perhaps save some of the odor.
Good luck

I

iiiiiphone

This is a touchy subject.
I don't believe it matters when you trim.
It's about not drying the plant too fast.
I would put it in paper grocery bags to slow the dry and perhaps save some of the odor.
Good luck
thanks bro..
i'll try..

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

If you did wet trim, all is not lost by any means, it won't affect potency but in my opinion it definitely affects smell and taste. People that wet trim usually have huge quantities growing for commercial sale, like for dispensaries and such. I've made the mistake myself and wet trimmed and will never go there again.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Here's my little outfit today at day 29 bloom. I got my game down pretty good after 8 years, I've tried every which way.
20170918 164515

Madbud

Madbud

Hi iiiiiiiiphone. Did you bring the plants into total darkness for 48 hours or at least cut them late at night? I suspect that sunny day hayfield smell is clorophyl from cutting in daylight.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

It's simple bro, you've babied your plants for several weeks veg and 8 plus weeks bloom, give it that extra week to hang dry untouched, let the branch sweat into the hanging bud, you want your buds to dry out as slow and as even as possible, you wet trim and lay your buds out or whatever the outside of the bud starts getting dry within hours while the inside is soaked. Let them them hand undisturbed for 5 to 7 days and them trim and throw them in a paper bag for a night and you won't get that quick dried shit. There's people that trim their shit day one of harvest and wrap the buds in smell good paper and it's dry 2 days later and smells like synthetic weed and off selling that trash.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Think back, did your buds smell chronic before you started trimming them wet, and did they lose smell almost immediately after trimming wet. That's your answer my man.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

They'll recoup some smell but the difference will be having to open the sack to smell it or having a sack that stinks up a whole room closed sack.

Top Bottom