Help me help my girls please

• Thread starter cnw1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cnw1970

cnw1970

So about 2 weeks ago I accidentally read a feed chart wrong and gave my 2-week old girls a double-strength dose of 11-40-13 seedling booster. 2 days later I realized what I had done as the plants showed some slight chlorosis. I watered them and took a ppm measurement and had readings as high as 1,600. So I flushed them until I got readings in the 300-320 range. The plants keep showing chlorosis. They have grown 3-4 inches and the new growth always looks normal green, but as the leaves get bigger they start to show chlorosis. So when they dried out I watered them and took EC measurements. I measured the tap water and it read 0.7. I am getting runoff EC readings as high as 1.6. Do you think that the higher readings are residual from the over-feeding, or do I have a salt build-up and need to flush again? My tap water is pretty consistent at 180-195 ppm. Temps vary from 75-78, and the humidity is 63%. I have not fed them since the flush because the EC was still high. Is this a deficiency from a lockout due to salt issues?
Help me help my girls please
Help me help my girls please 2
Help me help my girls please 3
Help me help my girls please 4
Help me help my girls please 5
Help me help my girls please 6

beluga

beluga

Someone else can better address the nutrient level issues, but it looks exasperated by watering practices from here. Are you drenching all the soil surface? And letting it dry between waterings?

cnw1970

cnw1970

Someone else can better address the nutrient level issues, but it looks exasperated by watering practices from here. Are you drenching all the soil surface? And letting it dry between waterings?
I am letting it dry between waterings. And I do water until saturated, I get 20-25% runoff. At the time of the over-feeding, I wasn't watering properly and was getting almost no runoff. That's why I suspect the salt issue. All the plant's runoff PH is 6.22-6.27.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what medium you growing in?
what kind of nutrients you using?
what kind of light and how far away?
what you using for ph up/down?

cnw1970

cnw1970

what medium you growing in?
what kind of nutrients you using?
what kind of light and how far away?
what you using for ph up/down?
Promox HP, Homegrown Cannabis Co. basic nutrient package, AC Infinity S44 Ionboard 400 watt LED at 30 inches running at 50%, general scientific PH up/down

Wolfe

Wolfe

Basic nutrient package? What’s the ratio of NPK. Is your water filtered? Looks like some damage a couple weeks ago with that high NPK and might take some time to recover from that soil toxicity. When they are younger start with lower NPK and slowly build it up. I wouldn’t let that pro mix dry out too much either. Bottled nutes, ph meters, and all that just seem to over complicate things for me personally. As soon as I learned to grow by amending my soil and went to water only all my guess work and ph ing went out the window. The cost to grow went down dramatically also. Not saying this is what you should do. Just something to consider in the future. You could transplant into a slightly larger pot also. Maybe the extra dirt would help with some of that toxicity.

Last edited:
cnw1970

cnw1970

Basic nutrient package? What’s the ratio of NPK. Is your water filtered? Looks like some damage a couple weeks ago with that high NPK and might take some time to recover from that soil toxicity. When they are younger start with lower NPK and slowly build it up. I wouldn’t let that pro mix dry out too much either. Bottled nutes, ph meters, and all that just seem to over complicate things for me personally. As soon as I learned to grow by amending my soil and went to water only all my guess work and ph ing went out the window. The cost to grow went down dramatically also. Not saying this is what you should do. Just something to consider in the future. You could transplant into a slightly larger pot also. Maybe the extra dirt would help with some of that toxicity.
I use our tap water. Our small town doesn't treat our water, so it's basically well water. The PPM is 185 and the normal PH is 7.6. I do PH down to 6.2. NPK was 11-40-13 https://homegrowncannabisco.com/products/quick-start-marijuana-grow-kit-marijuana-seeds

Last edited:
cnw1970

cnw1970

After I had flushed them I gave them a feeding of half strength seedling booster. Yeah, the further I go on this journey the more I realize the beauty of organic. It was one mistake and it's been like an out-of-control roller coaster ever since.

Wolfe

Wolfe

After I had flushed them I gave them a feeding of half strength seedling booster. Yeah, the further I go on this journey the more I realize the beauty of organic. It was one mistake and it's been like an out-of-control roller coaster ever since.
Mist the plant periodically with water, it may help restore the color quicker.

Top Bottom