Help me ID these bugs?

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I believe these are fungus gnats but I’m unsure. They just appeared in my tent. I gave a fairly good watering yesterday so that’s why I think. It’s currently 85 in the tent with 45% humidity. Nothing I can do to cool it down, it’s just been rather hot out. I have a fan on 24x7 and the light is on an 18/6 schedule. They’re in soil Michigan Made Mix, and I feed them lots of alfalfa. I also just have them a little bit of fish sh!t yesterday as well.

Help me id these bugs
Zombierider

Zombierider

Sure looks like a fungus gnat, take a close look at your soil. If you notice them flying near the soil or emerging from the soil it’s probably fungus gnats. One trick I learned is to point a fan directly at the top of the pot. The fungus gnats lay their larvae in the soil and will die with the wind preventing them from landing on your pot. Also, get yellow sticky traps, u will catch the flies on there and get a positive ID on it. Good luck!

TSD

TSD

I’ll bet @TSD will know. She’s a bug badass.
Only because I grow outside and that's where they live... I'm no entomologist lol... fungus gnats is a good guess, but pic is a bit blurry.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Only because I grow outside and that's where they live... I'm no entomologist lol... fungus gnats is a good guess, but pic is a bit blurry.
Sorry to put you on the spot there.

Top Bottom