Help me in maximizing what I have and need to get for my next grow!

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

Hey buds...hope everyone is staying blessed.

I'm going onto my 2nd grow within a month of some Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth after harvesting my Red Dragon grow.

During my 1st grow I did get some problems...yellowing/wilting of fan leaves, brown spots on fan leaves, minimal purple striping on stems...but that was it.

I really want to reach out to the more experienced growers and ask their take or tips on maximizing what I have left over from my 1st grow.

Soil:
Roots Organics potting soil
Fox Farm Light Warrior Soil

Nutes:
Neptunes Harvest Liquid Kelp 0-0-1
Roots Organics Buddha Grow 2-.25-1.5
Roots Organics Buddha Bloom .5-2-1
Roots Organics trinity catalyst (molasses) .1-.5-.25
hp2 0-4-0
hpk 0-5-4

Additional:
BioAG VAM-Endo mix (Myco)
Running under 4x 42 watt CFL's

What i'm looking to do is get better results and maintain plant health through it's life cycle. If anyone has any tips as to when to administer certain products (especially pertaining to P and K during flowering) or any other helping products that I should look into i'm all ears.

Bless.

K

kes5480

best helping product you could get would be a hps setup. i got mine onn ebay for $100 a complete 400w hps setup...makes a HUGE difference...peace

G

grnmountainboy

it sounds like you had some salt build up. salt will cause some nutrient lockout and show up as nute deficiencies sometimes. if you give your plants a flush once a month (3 gallons of water for every 1 gallon of soil) it will wash some of the salt out. also using a better organic fertilizer will help try earth juice brand, its pretty cheap and works really well.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I second the suggestion to upgrade to hps, even a 250 watt would be nice. Barring that, 125w CFLs with ballasts can be had for cheap. I bet you overfed because the plants were uptaking a small amount of nutrients and as a result salt built up.

However, I never recommend flushing your plants with 3-4x times the amount of water unless there is severe buildup, otherwise you will stress the hell out of your plants.

G

GrimloxK

I wish I could do HPS...trust me...but factoring the size of my grow cab, keeping it stealthy, and using what I already have...I'm gonna stick with cfl's until they burn out. while HPS would get me denser nugs and more weight...I didn't do too bad with my first grow...almost got near 2 ounces in a 3 foot grow cab.

I hear you guys on the salt buildup...I think it was a problem for me throughout my grow.

Here's a question...is their a cheap way for me to filter my tap water and be able to use it on my plants...For my last grow I was constantly buying gallons of distilled water for my plant and it's a bitch to keep buying them. Are their any cheap alternatives like using a brita filter on some boiled water? I don't have enough to buy a cheap $200 RO system right now.

G

GrimloxK

also I forgot to mention that I also have a bag of Azomite and Dolomite Lime...I was also thinking that maybe my plant wasn't getting enough Mag and Calcium in my last grow but a scoop of dolomite mixed into 3 gal of soil should have covered that right?

P

pushit

also I forgot to mention that I also have a bag of Azomite and Dolomite Lime...I was also thinking that maybe my plant wasn't getting enough Mag and Calcium in my last grow but a scoop of dolomite mixed into 3 gal of soil should have covered that right?

Dolomite lime helps with stabilizing the ph of your soil. Im not familiar with Roots but most of the name brand soils are already ph balanced. Should be on the bag.

Whats wrong with your tap water? Since you are using distilled water you should use calmag. Distilled water doesnt have all the micronutes that your tap water does hence the reason you were seeing deficiencies last grow. IMO tap water works great once you have it properly phd and room temperature. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom