Help me kill the Aphids!!

• Thread starter Static23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Static23

Static23

So, I have an aphid issue. Not an infestation yet and trying to make sure it doesn’t become one. Looking for some advice on this problem. I have a small organic indoor grow(16 plants). I have a bottle of Safer insecticidal soap concentrate. Anyone have any experience with this product or any other that might work on these annoying little fuckers! I’m hoping to get a treatment started when the lights go off tonight or tomorrow. I have a perpetual autoflower grow so I have plants in different stages of growth, from seedling to full flower.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Predatory insects are the only thing I have read about actually working. The real answer is the one you don't want.
To be certain completely clean the room out and never return any of those plants or soil back in there. After a full room cleaning. start over. You might not have an infestation but if you see them its bad enough. Start with a clean slate dont start your new plant with problems.

Static23

Static23

Predatory insects are the only thing I have read about actually working. The real answer is the one you don't want.
To be certain completely clean the room out and never return any of those plants or soil back in there. After a full room cleaning. start over. You might not have an infestation but if you see them its bad enough. Start with a clean slate dont start your new plant with problems.
Predatory insects was my first go to. I released 450 ladybugs in a 7’ x 12’ room. I’m sure they have been feasting, but I still have aphids and a lot of ladybug carcasses. I plan on pulling them all out of the room to spray them and clean the room before I put them back in, getting rid of them and starting over isn’t really an option for me. This is a perpetual grow that’s been going over two years now. I can’t let that go.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Just get a grow tent for the mean time. They are like 1-200$ then you have it.
If you cant let go of the mites then you cant let go of the mites...

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We use this. Mix to label directions and spray the entire plant and soil. Wait 20 mins for it to dry and rinse the plant.
Till the soil after spraying and then spray it again. 2 or 3 treatments with a day between and they should be gone.

Static23

Static23

We use this. Mix to label directions and spray the entire plant and soil. Wait 20 mins for it to dry and rinse the plant.
Till the soil after spraying and then spray it again. 2 or 3 treatments with a day between and they should be gone.
Great, I will start first treatment tonight. Appreciate the help!

Static23

Static23

Forgot to add the pic
Oh! I thought you were talking about the Safer stuff that I have. I’ve heard good things about Lost Coast. I was going to order some from the beast known as Amazon but it was going to take a week. Your not the first one to recommend it, so I’m thinking it might be worth waiting.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Oh! I thought you were talking about the Safer stuff that I have. I’ve heard good things about Lost Coast. I was going to order some from the beast known as Amazon but it was going to take a week. Your not the first one to recommend it, so I’m thinking it might be worth waiting.
safers has to be really watered down or it will clog the plants stomata and it will die.

Static23

Static23

safers has to be really watered down or it will clog the plants stomata and it will die.
Enough said, I have little to no experience with insecticidal soaps. The only other bug issue I ever dealt with was fungus gnats and I took care of them with BT and yellow sticky traps. I’ll order the Lost Coast

Static23

Static23

Food grade DE earth.
I have that. It came with a duster bottle. To be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% sure on how to apply it and the directions on the bag are unclear. I applied on a previous grow to the top of the soil, but the duster bottle is throwing me. Am I suppose to dust the whole plant? That seems kinda crazy to me!
TempImage1DOmoK

Static23

Static23

Cover the soil with it. Maybe 1/2 inch.
Appreciate it! I ordered that Lost Coast you recommended. When that gets here, I’ll treat the ladies with that and then put down a layer of DE and I should be good! I can’t for the life of me figure out how I got aphids in an indoor grow in the middle of winter!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Appreciate it! I ordered that Lost Coast you recommended. When that gets here, I’ll treat the ladies with that and then put down a layer of DE and I should be good! I can’t for the life of me figure out how I got aphids in an indoor grow in the middle of winter!
Dogs, cats, houseplants....

bighempn

bighempn

So, I have an aphid issue. Not an infestation yet and trying to make sure it doesn’t become one. Looking for some advice on this problem. I have a small organic indoor grow(16 plants). I have a bottle of Safer insecticidal soap concentrate. Anyone have any experience with this product or any other that might work on these annoying little fuckers! I’m hoping to get a treatment started when the lights go off tonight or tomorrow. I have a perpetual autoflower grow so I have plants in different stages of growth, from seedling to full flower.
This bio advanced will annihilate them. I use this particularly for thrips. Run this in your feed and you won’t see them again. It’s also a systemic so it WILL knock them out. I’ve battled those little bastards before and tried many things to no avail. A friend of mine who is a long time seasoned grower recommended this and it was the equalizer. I also like the lost coast plant therapy, it’s great for knocking them down initially but also use a systemic. It’s very safe. Also consider treating the grow area in and around with a good pesticide like suspend sc to kill and bugs trying to creep into your grow.

bighempn

bighempn

Also some other good ipms are wettable micronized sulfur and amazing doctor zymes. Just make sure to not use too much and spay plants, wait an hr and then wash it off after. I usually wash off any ipm sprays after anyway to reduce chances of hurting plants

Top Bottom