Help me make a perpetual grow

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

Hello everyone. I want to grow 3 plants only, gunna be doing something along the lines of tree/MPB/UC system with only 3 plants in flowering. I want to have a perpetual system so that as soon as the 9 weeks of 12/12 is achieved, I can near immediately transfer in small plants (clones preferably) which will be about 12-16 inches tall.

Heres the problem, based on my timeline, it would seem that I would need to take 1 clone each about week 4 or 5 on the flowering plants in order to give them 1-2 weeks to root, and a few weeks of veg ready for when the big ladies finish in order to have the 3 new clones ready and ok size to be transferred

Can I take clones during flowering? What would yall recommend about this situation? Was thinking of having a momma plant, but that takes up more space and also puts my numbers up (3 flowering + momma + 3 clones = 7 plants, would like to have 6).

J

jvotta420

i have a mother plant i would like to take cuttings from but i heard it slows the growth of it.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
i have a mother plant i would like to take cuttings from but i heard it slows the growth of it.

Not true. A mother plant is for cloning. If kept for any length of time it will need to be pruned anyway. Taking clones from the bottoms will not slow growth at all and they root faster then the tops do.

Squarepusher. If your strain puts out some lower growth before going into flowering you can use them for cuttings. It will provide the clones needed for the next run...and so on... I do it before they go into 12/12. I have heard if you wait until they have been in flowering for a week before you clone they will be more bushy. I don't do it because I don't want to stress the clones with the whole re-veg process.

fred

H

highrise

I would try to space your harvest out to 1 plant every 3-4 weeks instead of trying to harvest all at once. This means you would only need to have one veg plant ready every 3-4 weeks to replace the ripe flowered plant. As soon as you move the vegged plant to flower take a new clone and repot the other rooted clone.

Based on this you should be able to have 3 plants in flower, 1 mother in veg, one fresh clone, and one vegging clone for a total of 6 plants at any one time.

squarepusher

squarepusher

I would try to space your harvest out to 1 plant every 3-4 weeks instead of trying to harvest all at once. This means you would only need to have one veg plant ready every 3-4 weeks to replace the ripe flowered plant. As soon as you move the vegged plant to flower take a new clone and repot the other rooted clone.

Based on this you should be able to have 3 plants in flower, 1 mother in veg, one fresh clone, and one vegging clone for a total of 6 plants at any one time.

hey thanks, this is a good idea. I think I will end up going with a mother, the only issues is with staggered cycles, it makes a flush harder and all plants get the same nutrients (in my setup).

But, California is actually not too strict on the 6 plant minumum, so if I have 7 I may be ok.

G

growgrow

you can have 6 mature and 12 immature.... you could flower 6 @ a time and have 6 clones vegging for like 3 weeks and you will be within legal limits.... you can also have a half pound on you of dried goods.. you will be fine with that if you want to maximize your space adn stay compliant w/ prop 215 and sb420.... i have 4 different doctors recomendations hung up on my tents (my wife, brother, and best friends) and i went back to my doc and told him that i only do edibles so i need to up my plant limit and he wrote me another recommendation.

good luck and...

GROW!!!!

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

How much total space are you working with for flowering and vegging, and what wattage light for vegging?
If you're only cutting 3 clones per cycle, you don't need a very large mother plant, and you can veg your clones along with the mother plant in smaller pots and then transplant into final flowering containers to save on space.
California's strictness really depends on what county you are in. Some counties are very lenient, and some have almost no tolerance.

M

MASSES 420KING

its truly really simple how to do that theres a few ways one would be to put a group under one light then wait a month put another group under another light and so on or if you working with one light set your room up so one row of plants go in every 2-3 weeks then buy the time your done you should be able to harvest every 2-3 weeks providing you keep your schedule and also providing that the circumstances of life dont ketch-up with you i really hope that helps you out

C

CanadianClassic

Get a Mother and after 6 months or a year of getting "FREE" clones you can take 1 more cutting off of her to become the "New Mother" since that clone will cary the same age as the original and then you can flower out the old mother and get a a FAT yield......thats what i do anyways

Goodluck with the Ladies!!!

T

t7rln

I would reiterate growgrow's suggestion...

get some more recommendation as up in your grow area, and do what's best with lees restrictions.

t7rln

Top Bottom