help me narrow down a name for my cherry dream pie pheno

• Thread starter innercityphunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

innercityphunk

In the same vein as cherry transit (which i really like, story in the name), how about some rhyming and transit with cherry ferry? Fuck, I don't know.

lmao, I'm a fan of the cherry transit too. rolls off the tongue nicely.

but cherry ferry.... not so much.lol

maybe something like very cherry.

thnx for contributing.

icp

S

seventwelve

blue pie, cherry blue, american pie, blueberry pie, cherry extreme, nasty cherry, cherry 415. sounds good i still haven't got to try cherry pie yet, could you post some dried nug pics?

M

medical fx

This cross sounds awesome. Hows she flower? (yield, days, effect?)

Question for you (sorry, because of my low post count, I can't send this privately) - can you post a picture of a cherry pie in veg? The reason why I'm asking, is because I was gifted 2 cuts of "Cherry Pie", and I'm looking for something verified to compare them to see if they're legit. I haven't flowered them out yet, so I can't say if they are real Cherry Pie or not. I haven't seen any photos of a Cherry Pie mother, so again no way for me to verify yet.

Also, interestingly, Cherry Pie is supposed to be clone-only is that correct? If that's so, shouldn't every cut look like the other? I let the pair grow into mothers, and there is a difference between the leaf structures. They look and grow identical, so I believe they are both the same strain, but they appear to be to different pheno's because one has large, fat leaves, and the other has similiar but slightly smaller & narrower fan leaves.

I read somewhere online on a message board, someone talking about popping beans of her and having different phenos - do you know if there are 2 ChPie phenos?

I have some cuttings I just put into solo cups that I'm going to flower. They're only 5 days into the cups so they have awhile to go get before flipping. Any help or more info on the ChP strain would be appreciated. Thank you.

L

LBZ Farmer

Putrid Pie

pu·trid/ˈpyo͞otrid/Adjective
1. (of organic matter) Decaying or rotting and emitting a fetid smell.
2. Of or characteristic of rotting matter.

C

CHILKaT

The name game...

As fun as it may be to name everything, I don't see a need to name a pheno of a pollen chucking cross. Until a particular cross actually breeds true, it's not even a strain. What makes this cross "cherry dream pie" better than cherry pie, or blue dream? Unless a cross is actually improving on the parents, it isn't worth breeding, and certainly not naming. Higher THC content, better yield, structure, heat resistance, pest resistance, flowering time, flavor, aroma, all these things are taken into consideration based on breeding goals. Just because a cross sounds great, doesn't mean it will be, and the larger the genetic pool, the more divergent the offspring, making it quite difficult to lock down desired traits and eliminate undesirable ones. But anyway, so you've named the cross already, so what's up with naming a pheno that smells like rank ass cherry? It's still has the same genetics. If I named every pheno I've kept in my breeding program over the years...my god. My phenos get designated and cataloged as a cross, with a number, and letters to signify their qualities.

I'm sorry if this came off as a rant, I'm just tired of seeing 1000's of so called new "strains" every month. It can take years of hard work and dedication to produce a strain that breeds true. Breeding is an art form. Pollen chucking is pollen chucking, seems everyone and their brother is doing it.

M

Montannabis

He asked so I gave one. All in good fun, though I believe there are some pearls in that sea of oysters.

green punk

green punk

As fun as it may be to name everything, I don't see a need to name a pheno of a pollen chucking cross. Until a particular cross actually breeds true, it's not even a strain. What makes this cross "cherry dream pie" better than cherry pie, or blue dream? Unless a cross is actually improving on the parents, it isn't worth breeding, and certainly not naming. Higher THC content, better yield, structure, heat resistance, pest resistance, flowering time, flavor, aroma, all these things are taken into consideration based on breeding goals. Just because a cross sounds great, doesn't mean it will be, and the larger the genetic pool, the more divergent the offspring, making it quite difficult to lock down desired traits and eliminate undesirable ones. But anyway, so you've named the cross already, so what's up with naming a pheno that smells like rank ass cherry? It's still has the same genetics. If I named every pheno I've kept in my breeding program over the years...my god. My phenos get designated and cataloged as a cross, with a number, and letters to signify their qualities.

I'm sorry if this came off as a rant, I'm just tired of seeing 1000's of so called new "strains" every month. It can take years of hard work and dedication to produce a strain that breeds true. Breeding is an art form. Pollen chucking is pollen chucking, seems everyone and their brother is doing it.

I could not have said it any better. Isn't the realdeal Blue Dream an elite? If so how did dudes dad end up with males. If they're that reversed shit throw em away. The reversed stuff is always unstable and has tons of problems. There are so many people growing unstable crap that hermies, these plants then throw seeds, seeds get sprouted and "Wala,I created a new strain". Hardly. I'm really tired of the crap too.

I

innercityphunk

I want to thank everyone who stopped by to help out.
u guys came up with some good ones.

special thnx to:
AliasAo, I'm going with ur name cherry transit for 1
Montannabis, I'm using yours stars n' stripes

so we have cherry dream, which is the original strain we came up with and then for the last 1, I'm using the name I came up with, cherry propane.

These ladies are looking ridiculous! the smells are off the chart.
A few more weeks and they're done.

I'm going to get some new pics of them in the next couple of days.
"posting them is my prob. I can't seem to figure out how to load them as a thumbnail". any assistance is welcomed.

Keep an eye out in ur local dispensary for one of these.

Cherry dream
Stars n' Stripes
Cherry transit
Cherry propane.

thnx again.
icp

S

seventwelve

icp, when you reply to the thread, go to "Go Advanced" then, under "Additional Options" theres a section that says Attach Files, click Manage Attachments, browse for your pictures and then just click upload and once it uploads close the pop up and preview your post to make sure everything is right. :sign0005:

A

A-Roe

I really dont feel like u should rename the crosses, and it seems like youre doing it to confuse a patient trying to make it sound better than what it really is. I hope this is not the case because if its is youre dead wrong. On the other hand if it is truely more fire than its parents you deserve to have youre own name to youre cut. All Elites come from a seed wether it be a from a hermie or male/female, all of them!

I

innercityphunk

I really dont feel like u should rename the crosses, and it seems like youre doing it to confuse a patient trying to make it sound better than what it really is. I hope this is not the case because if its is youre dead wrong. On the other hand if it is truely more fire than its parents you deserve to have youre own name to youre cut. All Elites come from a seed wether it be a from a hermie or male/female, all of them!

Bro, im not sure what u mean. do u think each pheno should still be cherry dream?
or are u saying it should just be called cherry pie x blue dream?
I'm not renaming anything. I'm asking for help naming some new crosses.

these elite's came out of a fat ass selection process and each show their own unique traits. I didn't want to just call them cherry dream 1,2 & 3

as far as for u, saying it sounds like I'm trying to trick someone, your dead wrong. next time read all of the facts before chiming in. thnx

The Joker

The Joker

Welcome to 2011 where the people growing out 200 plants to pick parents can be counted on one hand. At least he's doing on his own rather than paying for them.

Crossing a male to an elite clone isn't breeding , which is why we should do it ourselves. If someone is making seeds and choosing from under 20 plants, you can do that yourselves.

No difference between making an S1 of two clones and calling it a new strain.

I

innercityphunk

cherry dream pie

The selection process was from 65 popped beans.

that sh!t was alot of work with 65. 200 would've be crazy.

Top Bottom