Help Me Pick My Lighting Please.

• Thread starter Smokey503ski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

If it is 3' it's not leaving much room bro standard tents are 2m high if it helps I've got a couple of tents that are to hold 2 x 600w lights and I get no less tha 40 oz out of each tent and that's just with standard lights are the improvements that these led and gravitas that impressive in comparison to the $ they demand ?
The size of the tents are 2.4m wide 2m tall and are 1.2 m deep

IronLeaf

IronLeaf

It's the depth of canopy that has always worried me about led all the grows I've looked at the canopy is dense but not deep in comparison to hps I'm open to suggestions though if any 1 can point me in the right direction to any decent threads

Hey. So I am relatively new to the game. I'm om my last week of flower of my first grow. My mentor @Genesis, who is quite reliable, is telling me my four bigger of the seven remaining plants I have are each around 1.5 lbs. if not more. The other three were runts, not as quality clones to start flower with, so if you veg your plants the proper amount of time, I can attest it makes a big difference. Anyway, you probably know that already. What I was getting at is they are still expected to yield about a pound a piece.

I'll have a thread of my grow up soon. I took detailed notes of the whole grow. I ran what I think is a pretty good comparison between CMH and LED. My current setup is an 8 site DWC by CCH2O using CCH2O nutes and CO2 @1500. Day temps at 86, night at 76F. I have four girls under LEDs and four under CMH in an every other one pattern with HPS side Lighting in the center of the two groups of four girls (so each girl gets 250 Watts of HPS from one of their corners). The LED and CMH draw about the same wattage. Neither plants were much larger than the others and it looks like yield will be very similar for both, but I will have final results for you soon. The LED definitely LOOKS more dense. Stems aren't as long between nodes, but the plant heights are the same. Again, I'll have actual results soon.

These LEDs that I ran are made by @tags420 by him at his company Pacific Lighting Concepts. He has a YouTube channel. Check out that video where he does a comparison of Apache Tech LEDs vs. 1000 watt HPS. The results may surprise you. Check out his other videos too. I recommend his products. Top quality stuff.

The pic of my avatar is of a plant under one of his CX300s. I'll upload more pics as part of the thread I post of my grow and will link it here for you when I do in a couple weeks.

Uploaded a couple pics. First is of LED and the second is of CMH. Both beautiful girls IMHO.

CCamPic 000092 noexif

Chip on Board LED CX300 by Pacific Concepts Lighting

CCamPic 000091 noexif

ÇMH 315 by Boulder Lamps

IronLeaf

IronLeaf

I should add, @Genesis sees my girls IRL so his weight estimates should be pretty spot on.

IronLeaf

IronLeaf

It's the depth of canopy that has always worried me about led all the grows I've looked at the canopy is dense but not deep in comparison to hps I'm open to suggestions though if any 1 can point me in the right direction to any decent threads
Not sure why my link didn't come through.
anyway his YouTube channel is greengenes garden in case this link is broken too.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Hey. So I am relatively new to the game. I'm om my last week of flower of my first grow. My mentor @Genesis, who is quite reliable, is telling me my four bigger of the seven remaining plants I have are each around 1.5 lbs. if not more. The other three were runts, not as quality clones to start flower with, so if you veg your plants the proper amount of time, I can attest it makes a big difference. Anyway, you probably know that already. What I was getting at is they are still expected to yield about a pound a piece.

I'll have a thread of my grow up soon. I took detailed notes of the whole grow. I ran what I think is a pretty good comparison between CMH and LED. My current setup is an 8 site DWC by CCH2O using CCH2O nutes and CO2 @1500. Day temps at 86, night at 76F. I have four girls under LEDs and four under CMH in an every other one pattern with HPS side Lighting in the center of the two groups of four girls (so each girl gets 250 Watts of HPS from one of their corners). The LED and CMH draw about the same wattage. Neither plants were much larger than the others and it looks like yield will be very similar for both, but I will have final results for you soon. The LED definitely LOOKS more dense. Stems aren't as long between nodes, but the plant heights are the same. Again, I'll have actual results soon.

These LEDs that I ran are made by @tags420 by him at his company Pacific Lighting Concepts. He has a YouTube channel. Check out that video where he does a comparison of Apache Tech LEDs vs. 1000 watt HPS. The results may surprise you. Check out his other videos too. I recommend his products. Top quality stuff.

The pic of my avatar is of a plant under one of his CX300s. I'll upload more pics as part of the thread I post of my grow and will link it here for you when I do in a couple weeks.

Uploaded a couple pics. First is of LED and the second is of CMH. Both beautiful girls IMHO.

View attachment 576716
Chip on Board LED CX300 by Pacific Concepts Lighting

View attachment 576717
ÇMH 315 by Boulder Lamps
Im no LED guy but i have to say the LED plant looks much denser to me,both are looking good but to my eyes the first one looks to yield at least 1.5 times more than the second,great job by the way.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Smokey503ski have you looked into the Nanolux 1000 that has the hood for a 4x4 footprint? From what I have read you can run them closer to the canopy than Gavita's. I've also heard GREAT things about Nanolux's customer service and the quality of their products. I'm going to be setting up a new project soon and unless something else catches my eye....I'm gonna go with the Nano's.

Genesis

Genesis

I should add, @Genesis sees my girls IRL so his weight estimates should be pretty spot on.

In my opinion and we will find out very soon, the CX300 LED's from Pacific Light Concepts are a bit better than the CDL CMH from Boulder Light. I'd estimate yield will probably be 10-30% more but we will find out soon enough. Not to mention the technology is Chip on board, with a trusted forum member who owns the freakin' company.

Objectively it appears the PCL CX300 spits out more light per square meter than the CDL CMH. The lifespan on the CDL CMH looks to be 20,000 hours whereas the CX300 is 50,000. The price difference is $750 for CX300 vs. $500 for the Boulderlamp CDL CMH AFAIK.

Growers house has the Gavita Flex 750/600 for less than $400 delivered (great price). But I think you should have 8 foots ceilings, 7 is cutting it close and you are going to have to do some cooling work.

If it were my setup i'd go CX300, if you weren't in a tent or aren't concerned with cooling the Gavita 600/750 is a solid option but you really oughta have a 2 ton mini split to cool those 4 babies. You need to not think of the CX300 as 'LED' think of it as an improved CMH with longer life span and better penetration. For simplicity sake the CX300 is gonna give you 1-1.5 units/light with good genetics. I'd be happy with 1.5 from a Gavita 750 running at literally more than twice the wattage.

With the CX300 you are paying for the most efficient LED COB on the market from an LED nerd who runs his own company. Yes, the Gavita's may get you a tad more bud but you are going to pay out the ass for cooling those suckers every day.

af5f2908108cd3a46b0f7a27b525eb255b1108075129cf39d7855097905cea2d.jpg

Last edited:
basseye

basseye

Oh whoopsies, just hit up Tags on the phone. Use code "GG700" for the lights to be discounted to $699. Peace and love bros.
So whats the usable footprint on this led panel? I guess a better question is will this cover 4 x 5 like a gavita does or more like 4x4?

basseye

basseye

Oh whoopsies, just hit up Tags on the phone. Use code "GG700" for the lights to be discounted to $699. Peace and love bros.

And do you have a link to a site to order these cob leds for us

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

How many amps does the led run at?
For under $700 I can buy 2 of the Phantom CMH and wouldn't 2 CMH have more light output then the led?

2DogWalker

@Smokey503ski
What's up bro... I run both lecs and the 750s... This is my first run w the 750s but I'm thru stretch and they are absolutely smashing it prolly about 7' 4" ceilings.... Canopy is at maybe 24 to 30" away....

The lecs are in my test room.. They definitely work but I don't I'm not convinced they will replace de hps fixtures yet...

The room w the led has 2 315w sunsystem lecs and a 225w ufo led, you be the judge!
4 750de gavitas

Lec and led room

My 2 cents

Genesis

Genesis

Damn guys, google is your friend. Unless of course you didn't know the PLC URL in the first place.

http://www.pacificlightconcepts.com/faqs/

The PLC is good for 1 square meter stuff. The Gavita 600/750 flex's are for 4x4. If budget is a concern, then the most light for your dough is obviously gonna come out of a Gavita flex 600/750 - but you gotta cool them bitches.

I don't discriminate man. I have 4 Apache AT600, 1 AT200, 4 Gavita 600/750 Flex gonna run em @750w @240, a vertical Eye Horti on a Phantom 2 ballast and soon a CX300 for a new book I'm writing. The book I'm writing is top secret, so imma keep it hush hush till I launch it.

But I'm going to have a grow journal as I mentioned with the 4 AT600, 4 Gavita 600/750 Flex with the UC8XL13. Each tree gets her own light. Just had my boy install the Pioneer 24k ultra high efficiency 19 SEER Mini split today. Fuckin' pumped.

In a nutshell. CDL CMH will get you a unit pulling 315w, maybe a bow and a half if you have a bunch of cross-light but i haven't seen it. The CX300 will do 1-1.5 pulling ~330w as long as ya got cross light. The Gavita flex will do 2 bows easy at 750w. That cat @midwestdensies was pulling 2 units/light with the SE Gavita @600w. That guy is a fucking champion!

In my option the most efficient way to grow are gonna be tables - especially 4x8 with 2x Gavita 100w or AT600 OR 3 or 4x of CMH or CX300. But the tables... they require a good amount of plants so if you are in a MMP state and want to be in compliance ya gotta do trees. That is why I like RDWC. I follow the rules and like to run significantly less plants than i'm allowed. Plus I like growing trees cause it is just plain fun. They are big and nugs are huge. Sure it is less efficient if you look at bottom line but I'll take being legal over a couple of points in the GPW game any day.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

@Smokey503ski have you looked into the Nanolux 1000 that has the hood for a 4x4 footprint? From what I have read you can run them closer to the canopy than Gavita's. I've also heard GREAT things about Nanolux's customer service and the quality of their products. I'm going to be setting up a new project soon and unless something else catches my eye....I'm gonna go with the Nano's.
Are these nanolux 4x4 out yet? I can't find them

IronLeaf

IronLeaf

Im no LED guy but i have to say the LED plant looks much denser to me,both are looking good but to my eyes the first one looks to yield at least 1.5 times more than the second,great job by the way.
Thanks man! I'll have results in another week or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom