Help me please, leaves discoloring.

• Thread starter Drunature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drunature

Drunature

Hello everyone,

I am on my third year of outdoor growing in the north valley area of California. These babies were just transplanted into larger pots and topped, getting ready to put directly into the ground in 2 or so weeks. I am experiencing some discoloring in the leaves and overall the dark green color I was getting a few days ago is turning to burnt colors.
Any help is greatly appreciate.

My growing medium consists of recipe 420 potting soil and bhang mixed with some perlite, vericompost, and peat moss.

I started using some botanicare grow liquid nutrients, and cal-mag, I just gave them their first feed on the last water with a half dose, and I am adjusting my water PH to be roughly 6.5 before adding the nutes with some PH down.
I also have some neem oil spray I've used 3 times in their lifetime.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I thought I had the plan set this year to avoid pests and give proper nutrition but it's not off to a great start.

Help me please leaves discoloring
Help me please leaves discoloring 2
Help me please leaves discoloring 3
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

1st of all I can not tell you exactly what that is or it's cause.
I can tell you that it is a little N burn.
And the rigidity of the leaves tell a story.
You need grow bible by Jorge Cervantes to further diagnose.
Ph is very important in deficiency & lock out.
Also too much Calcium can be bad.
Are you getting the water/nute solution on the leaves when watering?
That book will lay EVERYTHING out 4 you

Drunature

Drunature

1st of all I can not tell you exactly what that is or it's cause.
I can tell you that it is a little N burn.
And the rigidity of the leaves tell a story.
You need grow bible by Jorge Cervantes to further diagnose.
Ph is very important in deficiency & lock out.
Also too much Calcium can be bad.
Are you getting the water/nute solution on the leaves when watering?
That book will lay EVERYTHING out 4 you
thank you! I will def get a copy.
my local guy said that it was maybe the roots getting hurt from being in those black pots in 100 degree heat. They are in the ground now and my ph adjustment routine is more exact. No further symptoms so far, I did have to remove a bunch of damaged leaves though. But so far so good.

Thank you again!

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

thank you! I will def get a copy.
my local guy said that it was maybe the roots getting hurt from being in those black pots in 100 degree heat. They are in the ground now and my ph adjustment routine is more exact. No further symptoms so far, I did have to remove a bunch of damaged leaves though. But so far so good.

Thank you again!
Any updates on the color & size?
Curious 2 see if u got it worked out?

strider26554

strider26554

I am seeing abit of nute burn on some of the leaves, but seeiing something else also, I was wondering if these girls had been hardened off to full sun yet? did you do a transition to direct sun? or have they always been outside, because it seems to me that theres more than one factor at play here, and they look like some of mine do when i do nt take the time to harden them off to full direct sunlight, it manifests in some odd ways at times , and can look like anute problem when in fact it is the plant being overwhelmed with all of the light it isnt used to getting, and some strains are more sensitive than others.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I am seeing abit of nute burn on some of the leaves, but seeiing something else also, I was wondering if these girls had been hardened off to full sun yet? did you do a transition to direct sun? or have they always been outside, because it seems to me that theres more than one factor at play here, and they look like some of mine do when i do nt take the time to harden them off to full direct sunlight, it manifests in some odd ways at times , and can look like anute problem when in fact it is the plant being overwhelmed with all of the light it isnt used to getting, and some strains are more sensitive than others.
I've heard of ppl talkin about this "light hardening " I've never personally seen a plant act negatively to light. It's normally not or shouldn't be the intensity more so the schedule.
What would be a symptom of too much light?

Drunature

Drunature

Any updates on the color & size?
Curious 2 see if u got it worked out?
Thanks for asking.
I think they are doing a bit better, whatever was happening has lessened dramatically, but I still have some interesting looking leaves. About a week ago I plucked off all of the damaged leaves so I can see if new damage is occurring.
A couple of the plants seem to be just fine, see the dark green one, while others have leaves turning pale, and others with tips that are browned completely. But It's hot as hell here and I think the new growth is getting too hot because you can see the leaves starting to curl and buckle.
Pictures from today.

20220710 102812
20220710 102853
20220710 102929
20220710 102933
20220710 111919
20220710 112012
20220710 112711
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Lookin great!!
Few things to put out there, if not already on it.
Keep that mulch more open and a bit loose on the top. Let it breath. Back of a lil bit on wat evr nitrogen source ur using and you need some micro nutes.
You'll notice most companies have a bloom, veg, & micro. Diff names for diff Co's but it's the 3rd 1 ur lookin for.
You should be starting an actual nutrient schedule & corresponding w a calendar too.
Did u get Superthrive?
Lookin gr8 tho keep that shit up

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Thanks for asking.
I think they are doing a bit better, whatever was happening has lessened dramatically, but I still have some interesting looking leaves. About a week ago I plucked off all of the damaged leaves so I can see if new damage is occurring.
A couple of the plants seem to be just fine, see the dark green one, while others have leaves turning pale, and others with tips that are browned completely. But It's hot as hell here and I think the new growth is getting too hot because you can see the leaves starting to curl and buckle.
Pictures from today.
Dnt let ur ph get away from you even tho soil is a buffer it's still easy to lock up.
Foliar spray at night, 1 night being pest mgt.
Highy recommend using snow storm ultra as directed on the bottle

Drunature

Drunature

Dnt let ur ph get away from you even tho soil is a buffer it's still easy to lock up.
Foliar spray at night, 1 night being pest mgt.
Highy recommend using snow storm ultra as directed on the bottle
Heya, just giving an update. I got some super thrive and I applied it twice to the roots and now I have added a kelp concentrate in addition to Open Sesame and Pure Blend Pro Bloom as my main nutrients for blooming. They are in their 3rd-4th week or so of flowering

However my plants are still giving me some weird symptoms any help is appreciated.

20220823 192619
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Use their schedule and start at whatever week of flower your in. Make sure your letting ur water sit out ovr night to de chlorinate.
And ph that shit 6.5
Use scompany that sells starter kits if $ is an issue.
I'm using Humboldt County's Own & it's nice!
But they have a few different ones all around $100.00usd
Do you have a good ph pen? And care kit?
Kcl solution in the cap and calibration solution?

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Can u snap sum shots of the whole plant?
Plz
Are you seeing any bugs?

S

Sameperson775

These plants have never been PH'd nor do I let the water de-chlorinate. Outdoors most people tend to over complicate things. Use high quality ammendments, I like down to earth. Use good worm castings(carefull of salt content from ig producers) and your soil will buffer and do amazing with just water straight from your hose if you are on city water. Mine is 7.5 at the tap and no issues at all my plants are very healthy. If you are on a well I recommend a water test. That being said I also run hydroponics indoors and I PH everything to 5.8-6.2 and I never let anything out of that range. If I tried to replicate my Outdoors to my indoor or vice versa it is a recipe for disaster. Every method comes with up sides and downsides, no reason to combine the downsides. Also and this is a big one Light intensity matters a lot not just schedule, outside nature will handle it, indoors not so much and taking a plant from inside to outside does indeed induce stress if not done with care. Of I were to take a seedling indoors and turn my lights up to flower 700-1000ppfd it would die so fast. I agree with the guy who said read Jorge Cervantes books it is a great source of info but not to be rude it sounds like he has also recently bought the Bible and is in the earlier stages of learning. Kyle Kushman is also an amazing source of information. For soil and amendments check out build a soil on YouTube. Last thing on this novel of a post is you will notice massive growth easier and cheaper by organic amendments and it is so much easier than bottle nutes(Outdoors). Good luck out there, hope your harvest is amazing!
Crap one last thing, you mentioned you transplanted from a small pot to a bigger pot with the intention of putting them in the ground 2 weeks later. That is transplanting to often too fast, I'd bet good money you saw very little growth from those plants for about a 3 week period while that was happening. I use 1 gallon air pots and can comfortably keep a plant inside in veg for 2 months before she goes outside so she only gets one transplant. If using regular nursery pots use a 2 gallon or 1 gallon per month of veg and plant directly into that pot. Hope this help. Continue to learn and grow!

Screenshot 20220824 002007 Gallery
Screenshot 20220824 001749 Gallery
Screenshot 20220824 001824 Gallery
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

You sir are doing a fine job.
The issue is ur in the ground and basically using super soil method. And the dirt auto adjust the ph.
Where alot of these guys are not using soil like u are they are using dirt that needs tlc & correct ph adjustment. That's where ppl tend to fuck up.
You should see the videos on increasing ur yield through training.
Channel is mendo dope
Titled how to grow mendo dope
And Pigeons420
Between those 2 channels you'll knw how to grow monsters in those same areas
20220824 091238
20220824 091150
20220824 091249
20220824 091102
X

S

Sameperson775

You sir are doing a fine job.
The issue is ur in the ground and basically using super soil method. And the dirt auto adjust the ph.
Where alot of these guys are not using soil like u are they are using dirt that needs tlc & correct ph adjustment. That's where ppl tend to fuck up.
You should see the videos on increasing ur yield through training.
Channel is mendo dope
Titled how to grow mendo dope
And Pigeons420
Between those 2 channels you'll knw how to grow monsters in those same areas View attachment 1274093View attachment 1274095View attachment 1274096View attachment 1274094X
I'm familiar with mendo dope growers of the trees! I've been doing this for over 20 years. That is only 4 plants under the scrog canopy 4 white widows from Dutch Passion all topped and supercropped. Each of the four has a canopy of 9'x5' and all but the top nodes were stripped to prevent larf, and being clones already i know I will pull about 3.5- 4lbs per plant and each plant has been trained to stay under 7 feet. I don't use purchased soil either, I run no till re amend and re use. That soil has been in that box for over 30 years🤣 my inlaws in Northern Cali prefer to grow 12ft tall 9lb plants but even if we use the same clones my smaller 3-4lb plants just hit different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom