Help me please!! My friends!!

• Thread starter Hempster510
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hempster510

Hello everyone,
Soooo, I got a Issue and I can’t seem to solve the problem. I got some browning on the edges of all my leafs on this beautiful purple Kush plant, I’m growning in 30 gal pot, And using PROMIX HP with full line of Botanicare Nutrients, I’m watering every time the soil is drying out atleast a inch deep with the proper feeding regiment. I have the plant outdoors. I watered the plant with atleast 75% nutrient mix Ph’d around 6.0-6-5 to collect some run off water from the pot , and then tested the ph on the run off water. The test results were around 4.8-5.0. My question now is how would I get my ph to a optimal level well using PROMIX HP? And if the PH is correct Maybe is it a Deficiency?
I’ll upload some pictures now!!
Thanks growers!!

Help me please my friends
Help me please my friends 2
Help me please my friends 3
Help me please my friends 4
Help me please my friends 5
Help me please my friends 6
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Overwatering and may bee to much pearlite, Check your ph.

Reactions: Ina
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've grown in Promix for 35 years, and I don't think the problem is overwatering, which is almost impossible with Promix, in my experience. I typically give my plants 1 to 1.5 gallons of water per day, or every other day if not needed. Your low PH runoff is concerning, as Promix is buffered to keep the Ph more stable. FWIW, I only feed mine every 15 days on avg and have never had any problems with growing, and the plants are healthy and large. You might be using slightly too much nutrients, although I've never fed with every watering. Most nutrients tend to lower the Ph, and I'm thinking that the excessive nutrients might be causing some lockout, as my Ph has never dropped below 6, typically 6.5.
Promix has a bunch of different mixes that are tailored to degrees of water retention. My Promix never dries out except by accident, and it seems to allow plenty of oxygen at the root level despite keeping the medium damp. I would compare my Ph going in VS the Ph coming out the bottom of your buckets. This will give you a better idea of what is happening at the root level. Your plants don't look bad, but they might be needing a little more light if possible, as I would think they should be much more robust.
Promix is different than Coco, at least in my opinion, and doesn't need to dry out like everyone seems to feel. Obviously you don't want your roots to be soaked, but if you take a handfull of Promix and squeeze it, you should only get a few drops of water out. Either that or I'm the luckiest guy in the world by not having root rot, Cal-Mag deficiencies, or fertilizer issues during 35 years of daily waterings.

visajoe1

visajoe1

overwatered and overfed. 30g pot is too big for that, even though its only 2/3 full. next time, use smaller pots until they outgrow them before transplanting to larger pot. otherwise you run into this issue; medium not drying fast enough. just give her water at 6.5 ph, the promix will stabilize it to between 6-6.5 where you need it. watch the new growth for positive signs. give a light feed in a week and see how she responds, take it from there

H

Hempster510

So I shouldn’t be feeding every watering? And I have the plants outdoors so I’m sure they are getting Plenty of light. I’m watering with 6.5 ph but my run off is very low like 4.8- 5.5 ph and I’m feeding every watering. I feel like I’m having a ph issue which is causing a lock out but now I don’t know how I should fix it. I’m stumped.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I only over watered it to get some run off water to do a ph test on the run off.

Overwatering refers to how often you water not how much at one time. Like said above a couple of inches down in a big pot is not dry yet. If using a probe moisture meter i look for 3/4 down to be dry. Even more they dont wilt yet. Other way is to feel the weight of a dry pot of soil and compare. It should be “alarmingly” light when you tip it.

Also 75% of the full line directions is a very high feed strength. I like to start at 25% and work up slowly. And i only use pure blend pro grow. It is complete by itself. Im not a fan of the other additives i tried.

Top Bottom