Help me properly diagnose what's happening here

• Thread starter kushmaster42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushmaster42

kushmaster42

Hello all. I have an ongoing issue with my plants that re 4 weeks into flowering. Initially I thought it might be from heat or stress, but know I believe I am experiencing some nute lockout. I use Royal Gold Basement coco coir mix as a medium and it is known to have high salinity. I grow organically and I just started using Primordial Solutions Sea Green which was suggested to me at the grow store. Should I try anything else? Let me know if you need any more details.:confused:
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 2
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 3
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 4
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 5
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 6
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 7
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 8
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 9
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 10
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 2
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 3
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 4
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 6
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 7
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 9
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 10
Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 11

Help me properly diagnose whats happening here 12
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That does *not* appear to be a nutrient lock-out to me. It appears to be disease, a pest specifically. While I've never seen personally broad mite damage, I've been seeing a LOT of pix and threads all over the web about them. That's what I think is affecting those plants. There are no nutrient deficiencies, toxicities or lock-outs that resemble what you've got going on.

kushmaster42

kushmaster42

Shit! I really hope not! Anyone else please throw in your two sense. I am 4 weeks into flowering at this point

dirk d

dirk d

ya what is your environment like? temps,ph, ppm's and air flow?? I'm not a soil/coco grower but i would do a flush. also if you get the yellow sticky pads you can tell if you have bugs flying around.

montanamike1

montanamike1

You have late stage Potassium deficiency combined with heat and humidity stress. Lower your heat, raise humidity, Flush your plants by putting them in a tub and run water through them until it comes out clear. If you are intent on rocking coco-coir, i recommend synthetic nutes especially Canna, Soul Synthetics, and CNS 17 from Botanicare. Running straight organic nutes in coco-coir is asking for trouble, imho, and I'd change that immediately. Hope this helps- personally, I see no evidence of pest damage, but I've never heard of "broad mites" before either lol so maybe seamaiden is seeing something I"m not.

Sica

Sica

definite heat problems, the leaves curl up as they are trying to avoid the heat as they can't transpire (sweat) quick enough. I doubt it's mites, but to check turn a dozen leaves over and look carefully for very small black dots (they're the mites) and/or for even smaller white dots (they're the damn eggs). Have a thermometer in your room at the same height as your pots out of direct line of sight to the light, if it's over 32 deg celsius you're going over the range of them liking you.

O

Oldtimer1

Excess humic acid ,flush well with water at correct ph.Now water with only 5 mls pure blend pro bloom made by botanicare.try using a different grow medium next time try pure blend pro,Pete and perlite mix.For organics you should try a 2 gallon pot use pureblend pro bud,grow exclusively and nothing else, use with every watering with small gradual increases.With this method you have to water everyday when there maturing,But if you run into a problem you can fix it in 24 hours.I know the pot seems small but with a three light system,I add the 3rd light second week of flower,and do.9 grams per watt.Only drawback is you have to do daily matinace .less is more! I

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I still think broad mites. Any update?

neverbreak

neverbreak

rh and temps? looks like heat stress to me. no experience with broad mites however...

neverbreak

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Definately does not look like pest damage, most likely some combination of high temps, RH, Ph and nute problems. More info would help alot.

kushmaster42

kushmaster42

Its a nute lockout for sure. I am flushing and about to start using silica to minimize any more damage. I checked my PH of the soil and its @ 6.5...should I try bringing it down a bit? What's good for doing this in soil? Man I hate screwing up like this but you live and you learn.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Um, I thought you were growing in Coco coir?

If so, hope your not letting it dry out at all between watering/feedings.

Also why you asking a question if you don't want to listen?

You are the kushmaster and all so I guess you do know it all. Lol

Top Bottom