Help Me Rename Jiahdi Kush !

• Thread starter Reeferman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reeferman

Reeferman

Hi Guys when I named Jiahdi Kush it was only because the Area it came from and the hands that likely carried to the person who I got it from were Jihadi its from the Northern Tribal Area of Pakistan.
Nothing racist please if its ok with Logic if it makes sense and represents the strains well I will give that person a free package of .............kush .
Charles

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Reeferman leave it as is , who cares if some people find it offensive. I can most definitely see why some might be offended though, personally I think the reason you selected the name is fitting to the strain although Im not one of those over sensitive, easily offended types.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

kangal kush
Paki preserve
karak pink kush
karakoram kush
nanga kush
sikeram kush
potwar ''
theres lots of mountain names that could convey origin in non objectionable way .

My fav Khyber pink kush . in Australia if you tell someone to stick it up there khyber well the answer is obvious .

nurlord

nurlord

Reeferman leave it as is , who cares if some people find it offensive. I can most definitely see why some might be offended though, personally I think the reason you selected the name is fitting to the strain although Im not one of those over sensitive, easily offended types.

I doubt the women who were assaulted in Toronto over the last week had that happen because they were overly sensitive or easily offended. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with increasingly careless portrayals of Muslims in society. I doubt too many people would be offended by the name Jihadi Kush but I do think it's adding another straw to the camel's back. If I was sitting in France right now looking to buy some seeds whoever is trying to sell me some Jihadi Kush might be told to go fuck themselves.

I know what Jihad means but I also know what people think it means, which is kind of my main point.

As far as names go, Khyber Konscious or Khyber Konsciousness. Khyber Komplex might work as well.

The Khyber Pass in Northern Pakistan is a source of great pride in the region. Very small groups of men have held off invaders and I believe the story is that area has never been conquered. It also alludes to the Jihadis who also frequent what can be a fairly lawless area including the gun market of Peshwar. Many heroic figures in the history of the region have mounted military campaigns through the Khyber and it was also a major part of the Silk Road where a lot of cannabis products were moved from one region to another.

Using the name Khyber carries some of the same connotations as Jihadi but is far more complex and far less alienating. It speaks to both the positive and the negative without the stereotype. There are also people in the Northern Tribal areas who are not Jihadis so it would also eliminate painting everyone with the same brush. Some people live there for no more reason to than to continue to live life as their people have for thousand of years without influence of a government they don't trust.

I know many Pakistani's who in turn know people from the tribal regions and I think despite the circumstances surround the naming of this strain there may indeed be a better choice for it. Just my opinion. It's a subject where I understand the opposing sides of the debate, I just rather have everyone I burn one with be able to enjoy it without thinking "here we go again".

If I win please donate the value of pack to a worthy cause like the Syrian refugee crisis or anything that reflects your personal values that will help some people.

Peace,

nurlord.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Islamabad's Kush
PIT-ME Kush (peace in the middle east)
Kashmir Kush (might be taken)
Explosive Kush
Zhob Kush (Northern most region in Pakistan)
Jugnu Kush (Jugnu is a common Pakistani nickname meaning fire fly)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Name could be Kushan Pass Kush

The Kushan Pass or Kaoshan Pass (el. about 4,370 m or 14,340 ft) is a mountain pass just west of the famous Salang Pass (3,878 m. or 12,723 ft.) in the Hindu Kushmountain range of northern Afghanistan. These two passes provided the most direct, if difficult, routes across the imposing east-west wall of the Hindu Kush mountains which divide northern Afghanistan or Tokharistan from Kabul province, which is closely connected to southern Afghanistan and Pakistan. Nowadays, the Salang tunnel constructed by the Soviets in the 1960s, and the paved road through it make it by far the easiest route through the Hindu Kush Mountains. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushan_Pass

Or Kushan Empire Kush
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushan_Empire

Panjsher Valley Kush

Lastly I propose Chitral District Kush
Reason being is as the OP stated the genetics may have originated via Pakistan and the Chitral District in Pakistan has some of the highest peaks in the HK range. Chitral by many is considered to be the pinnacle of the HK range. Or I also like naming the strain Tirich Mir Kush after the highest peak in the HK mtn range.

Peace

drewski85

drewski85

I doubt the women who were assaulted in Toronto over the last week had that happen because they were overly sensitive or easily offended. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with increasingly careless portrayals of Muslims in society. I doubt too many people would be offended by the name Jihadi Kush but I do think it's adding another straw to the camel's back. If I was sitting in France right now looking to buy some seeds whoever is trying to sell me some Jihadi Kush might be told to go fuck themselves.

I know what Jihad means but I also know what people think it means, which is kind of my main point.

As far as names go, Khyber Konscious or Khyber Konsciousness. Khyber Komplex might work as well.

The Khyber Pass in Northern Pakistan is a source of great pride in the region. Very small groups of men have held off invaders and I believe the story is that area has never been conquered. It also alludes to the Jihadis who also frequent what can be a fairly lawless area including the gun market of Peshwar. Many heroic figures in the history of the region have mounted military campaigns through the Khyber and it was also a major part of the Silk Road where a lot of cannabis products were moved from one region to another.

Using the name Khyber carries some of the same connotations as Jihadi but is far more complex and far less alienating. It speaks to both the positive and the negative without the stereotype. There are also people in the Northern Tribal areas who are not Jihadis so it would also eliminate painting everyone with the same brush. Some people live there for no more reason to than to continue to live life as their people have for thousand of years without influence of a government they don't trust.

I know many Pakistani's who in turn know people from the tribal regions and I think despite the circumstances surround the naming of this strain there may indeed be a better choice for it. Just my opinion. It's a subject where I understand the opposing sides of the debate, I just rather have everyone I burn one with be able to enjoy it without thinking "here we go again".

If I win please donate the value of pack to a worthy cause like the Syrian refugee crisis or anything that reflects your personal values that will help some people.

Peace,

nurlord.
I Was thinking khyber kush myself

drewski85

drewski85

I Also think you should keep it as is. If you wanted to be more offensive, you could go with bin ladens best or something to that effect. Jihad and the hash producing regions of the afghan/Pakistan border go hand in hand. After all, doesn't Afghanistan translate into land of the warrior?

Top Bottom