Help me save my plants from phytotoxicity!

• Thread starter Seymour109423
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

If it helps you can put together a 5x5 grow tent with everything you need for like 500 bucks. Be able to grow all the smoke you need year round.

Seymour109423

Seymour109423

It sucks man, but we've all done stupid shit at one time or another. I've killed my fair share of plants.
One thing about growing that's best to learn sooner than later is that no crop is guaranteed until it in the bag. Also, be careful with which pesticides you use. Malathion is something I'd personally never use on pot.
There aren't many safe things that work well for spider mites unfortunately. Rosemary oil shows promise though, and sulfur fumigation works to an extent but only in enclosed spaces.
I appreciate the advice. I'll have to keep that in mind next year if the mites arise again. However, I also just found a couple things that makes me unsure if it would in fact be harmful in the bud if it were to recover. I also read that it doesn't necessarily penetrate the plant layers, but there are certain kinds of Malathion that include chemicals that do penetrate. Do any of these screenshots possibly make you think it could be ok? It almost could be a surface burn rather than a systematic shut down, atleast that's what it kind of sounds like. I just think it completely shocked the plants and killed quite a few leaves resulting in not enough photosynthesis. I could be wrong, but I'd really like to know forsure. If it's not going to hurt me, I'd love to save them.

Screenshot 20210812 1701532
Screenshot 20210812 170811
Screenshot 20210812 170953
Seymour109423

Seymour109423

If it helps you can put together a 5x5 grow tent with everything you need for like 500 bucks. Be able to grow all the smoke you need year round.
I had one last winter with a couple plants, but we don't have much room inside, plus I always heard about the electricity from my girlfriend so I sold it to my neighbor. I can smoke whenever, but no high electric bill. I had it going great up until two days ago, I'm not having an easy time accepting this.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Dude, no matter how much you try to convince yourself, the only outcome for those poor girls is in the local landfill.

Step 1:Plant some autoflowers yesterday

Step 2:Pray for favorable weather late fall

Step 3:Get new grow set-up. Elec is cheaper than paying for disp/street trash

Seymour109423

Seymour109423

Dude, no matter how much you try to convince yourself, the only outcome for those poor girls is in the local landfill.

Step 1:Plant some autoflowers yesterday

Step 2:Pray for favorable weather late fall

Step 3:Get new grow set-up. Elec is cheaper than paying for disp/street trash
Right. I get it. I wish our house wasn't so small, there's not enough room. If only I could afford to build an addition to set up a grow indoors, but unfortunately it's not in the cards right now. Definitely disappointed at the least. One thing forsure though, next year I won't be so stupid and I'll read the directions first. Smh

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Right. I get it. I wish our house wasn't so small, there's not enough room. If only I could afford to build an addition to set up a grow indoors, but unfortunately it's not in the cards right now. Definitely disappointed at the least. One thing forsure though, next year I won't be so stupid and I'll read the directions first. Smh
What part of the world are you in? Outdoor growing is always a gamble anyways I find. Youre at the mercy of Mother nature, mites, aphids, thrips, leafhoppers, rain and powdery mildew, budrot, deer, thieves... chances for a successful harvest outdoors is substantially lower than a successful harvest indoors.

After a few years growing outside I realized that I have to look at it like a hobby, and any harvestable end product is a bonus. Mind you I'm north of the 49th parallel so I may be jaded... but to me the best way to reliably produce consistent results is indoor somehow. Even a 4x4 tent is enough to supply yourself. Just being realistic.

Seymour109423

Seymour109423

What part of the world are you in? Outdoor growing is always a gamble anyways I find. Youre at the mercy of Mother nature, mites, aphids, thrips, leafhoppers, rain and powdery mildew, budrot, deer, thieves... chances for a successful harvest outdoors is substantially lower than a successful harvest indoors.

After a few years growing outside I realized that I have to look at it like a hobby, and any harvestable end product is a bonus. Mind you I'm north of the 49th parallel so I may be jaded... but to me the best way to reliably produce consistent results is indoor somehow. Even a 4x4 tent is enough to supply yourself. Just being realistic.
I agree completely, however I just have to compromise with my girlfriend who does not smoke anymore. I'm in Michigan though and our weather is always inconsistent. I had a 2'x3'x6', it was still taking up more space than we could handle.

crossfader

crossfader

We've pretty much all been there, I can relate. It's heartbreaking to trash a plant/plants but in the end it's experience and knowledge gained. Better luck next grow!✌️

Seymour109423

Seymour109423

We've pretty much all been there, I can relate. It's heartbreaking to trash a plant/plants but in the end it's experience and knowledge gained. Better luck next grow!✌️
Feel that, 11. RIP Appreciate it. ✊

Top Bottom