Help Me Save These Clones!!

• Thread starter hyzerflip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

I had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have some incredible genetics sent my way, including Triangle Kush - Obviously, I took advantage. I recieved the clones, rinsed them off in tap water, and put them in my EZ Cloner with 6.0pH plain tap water - No additives. Ambient temps are 75F and cloner rez temp is a stable 75F. RH is a little low at 35%, but I've heard that's not a big concern in aero cloners. I exchange the rez water regularly (every 3-7 days) and use chlorine at 1 drop/gal every 3 days to keep the water crystal clear and perfectly sterile. Light levels are very low, a single CFL a few feet up indirectly reflected off of a wall. This setup gives me 100% success in 10 days with most strains.

The clones I recieved have now been in the cloner for 30 days. A few have died off, only 1 or 2 clones of each new strain remains. I ran 2 rounds of my own clones in the same cloner and they rooted as expected. Of the 4 new strains I recieved, 1 (GG#4) FINALLY started rooting at around 21 days, and has been transplanted into cups. The remaining strains aren't doing anything except slowly dying off up top. A few have developed little nubs, but they haven't really developed any more for a week or two. I took one with little nubs from each strain and transplanted it into coco thinking maybe that would help them along, but those all died off within a couple days.

All of the stems look fine, none are mushy or brown. The upper growth is slowly turning brown and dying off - That started about 1.5 weeks ago and has slowed some since I lowered light levels a bit, but is approaching the point of no return.

I only have a couple left and I REALLY don't want to lose these incredible genetics. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 'hail mary' play I can make to save these before they finish dying off? As other clones I already have rooted fine right alongside them, I'm assuming the issue is the stress they received en route. It's the TK I'm most concrned about and there's only one left, just barely hanging on... HALP!

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Some strains can be particularly difficult to clone. I personally have better results using perlite, perhaps you might want to take one of each and stick 'em in a cup of perlite.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Im having similar problems atm.i use low light levels in my aero kloner to root usually with great success but in the last few weeks they arent rooting so good wen they usually do.im thinking its either-i need new sprayers coz they arent spraying small enough drops and is more like just shooting out jets of water-or its a temps thing.were my cloner is is pretty cold but i usually try for around 70f in the kloner rez.
i feel your pain mate as tk is a cut i would murder my own granny for.

Top Bottom