HELP ME this is my first grow

• Thread starter Carcar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Carcar

Carcar

Hey can anyone help me this is my first grow and it just popped through today but does any one know why it’s black/ brown on the steam like this I just sprayed with my water bottle so please don’t say over water 😅

Help me this is my first grow
dweaver468sc

dweaver468sc

Looks very wet and those chunks of wood aren’t broken down enough to make nutrients and the wood also will mess up your drainage. If you can repot it grab some better soil and perlite. Also put a clear cup over the sprout so it stays moist without over watering. Hope this helps.

Homesteader

Homesteader

What soil are you using? The discoloration may not be an issue but it could be the soil is too hot. Hard to tell this early but the soil looks to me like it's jiffy or miracle grow. Not knocking it just staying that's what it looks like. Seems to be a very heavy soil.

sambapati

sambapati

What soil are you using? The discoloration may not be an issue but it could be the soil is too hot. Hard to tell this early but the soil looks to me like it's jiffy or miracle grow. Not knocking it just staying that's what it looks like. Seems to be a very heavy soil.
Totally agree not weed specific soil

Carcar

Carcar

And I do keep a little dome over it I’ve heard it helps w humidity someone told me just relax and see what it does cause I have 2 others that are in perfect health I’ll keep updating

PK1

PK1

Supporter
hey @Carcar the first set of leaves hasn't opened but the shell of the seeds has dropped. or did you take it off?
see if it opens in a day or two. maybe spray some bottle water on it. depending on what your tap water is?
FFHF is a good soil and i know a lot of growers that use it in seedling to veg stage, but you do want to transplant in FFOF down the road when your FFHF starts decreasing in nutrients.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

And I do keep a little dome over it I’ve heard it helps w humidity someone told me just relax and see what it does cause I have 2 others that are in perfect health I’ll keep updating
Good idea to take the Dome off when they come above ground, and it looks a little wet too

Carcar

Carcar

I took the seed off gently today cause it sprouted with the seed half way on ...and I will keep that in mind I do have nutrients I was gonna top feed after 30 or so days cause I know the soil should be good for 3 -4 weeks

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I took the seed off gently today cause it sprouted with the seed half way on ...and I will keep that in mind I do have nutrients I was gonna top feed after 30 or so days cause I know the soil should be good for 3 -4 weeks

lol, i had a feeling you did that. see if you can gently open the leaves. you can also do what @tomatoesarecooltoo mentioned and see if that opens them in a day or two, but you want the leaves to open to observe the light energy.

what type of nutrients?

@Beachwalker is right about the overwatering and how wet your potting mix is. right now the seedling only has a single root that is not even long. Over watering can cause root rot and bigger problems

Carcar

Carcar

I’ll try to open it and see how that goes and I’ve been scared ab over watering so I’ll chill out with my spray bottle and I did get the cheap stuff I got some dr earth bud and bloom and some dr earth all purpose fertilizer

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I bet it will open by tomorrow. Messing with seedlings rarely helps, they are really fragile and don’t need much besides some patience. Nothing wrong with dr earth, most dry amendments are the same ingredients.

What size container is it in?

Latest posts

Top Bottom