Help me with design!

• Thread starter hoog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hoog

Hey there,

So i'm working with a 23x13x8.5 shed(small garage)

Framed up I called it 22x12x8.5.

Here is my dilemma, my longterm buddy who's been growing around 10 years thinks my room layout should be 1 4x10 veg, 1 8x10 veg, and 1 12x10 flower. I keep hearing around the internet, that two flowers is better than two veg's. Keep in mind I dont plan to veg these for only a few week and then flower them... Ideally my buddy told me veg1 should have t5's, veg 2 should have 2 1k MH, and the flower should have about 4 1kw hps. My legal limit is 45, so ideally it would be a 45 plant perpetual grow with a goal to harvest monthly. If monthly is asking too much its okay.

The reason my buddy tells me to use two veg, is because he has one small veg and two larger flowers. The veg doesn't keep up with the flowers, one of the flowers is usually empty for 2-4 weeks after a harvest.

I also have a tent thats 5x3 that could be used for a nursery.

I'm looking for advice, my budget is around 5,000-7,000 and it would be nice to include an AC in that budget.

In this shed, if I fram the dimensions up, it will leave an attic above the room roughly 2 feet tall. A good area I could keep ballasts, ect. I was thinking about ducting all rooms to the attic area, and just running one large filter along with an ozone generator to further mask the smell. If its better for independent filters in each room please advise!

I am looking for a nute system thats begginner friendly, and produces some nice buds. I was thinking about Canna soil or even Canna coco lineups.
I'm still obviously very new at growing, I've been reading about a year and finally going to get my feet wet. That being said, here comes a total "noob" question. When looking at a feeding schedule, typically it's by week and says week 1 "5-10 ml per gal @ "X" ppm." Does this mean I feed once a week, or do I need to divide the ppm's into how many times I feed in a week? Like if its 500ppm week 1, would i fertizilze 3 times @166ppm and then water with regular r/o water every other? Or do I just feed once a week, and water with regular r/o? It would be nice if someone can tell me the difference in when to water/feed soil vs when to water/feed coco. <---- obviously I'm pretty confused here, so if anyone can clarify this I would be super appreciative!

Sorry for the rookie questions guys, hope you call can help me out!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

It seems you need to do a lot more studying, but there's nothing like OJT to learn from. That said, do not build out your room UNTIL you have a few successful grows under your belt. You can piss away some $$$$ on methods and equipment that you will likely later regret

Search for my threads to get some insight

hth

J

John Smith Esq.

yeah i agree a small t5 veg room probably wont pump out enough plants to fill two largeish flower rooms continuously but id still go with 2 flower rooms of identical size and setup, worst comes to worst you could veg in a flower room for a couple week if you needed to. you'd probably churn out more bud in the long run that way. although you may want to consider building one room first and adding the others later, when you have a few grows under your belt...walk before running and what not - but that up to you mate.

starting off with either soil or coco is a pretty safe bet, i use canna bio terra with canna soil and think its very beginner friendly, if you go with canna i would also recommend using cannazym, pk13/14 and their bio boost as well, i have had some very nice results with these products. ppm readings on schedules are per feed, its up to you 'the grower' to decide how many times per week you need to feed your plants but keep in mind the stated dosage is more like a rough guideline for an average adult cannabis plant, if there is such a thing, directions on the bottle are usually very straight forward.

all the research in the world wont make you an expert, i think its time to get your feet wet...

HTH

H

hoog

yeah i agree a small t5 veg room probably wont pump out enough plants to fill two largeish flower rooms continuously but id still go with 2 flower rooms of identical size and setup, worst comes to worst you could veg in a flower room for a couple week if you needed to. you'd probably churn out more bud in the long run that way. although you may want to consider building one room first and adding the others later, when you have a few grows under your belt...walk before running and what not - but that up to you mate.

starting off with either soil or coco is a pretty safe bet, i use canna bio terra with canna soil and think its very beginner friendly, if you go with canna i would also recommend using cannazym, pk13/14 and their bio boost as well, i have had some very nice results with these products. ppm readings on schedules are per feed, its up to you 'the grower' to decide how many times per week you need to feed your plants but keep in mind the stated dosage is more like a rough guideline for an average adult cannabis plant, if there is such a thing, directions on the bottle are usually very straight forward.

all the research in the world wont make you an expert, i think its time to get your feet wet...

HTH

Thanks for this reply. The first one I got, I didn't like too much because I don't get how you get experience growing indoors without actually doing it. I think I'll just make my 12x10 and 8x10 rooms flower, then the veg would be about 4-5x10. Use the 8x10 as a veg/flower as needed basically.

My buddy also recommended Canna but said just do the coco line.

I did consider just doing the one large room, but in Washington, it's easier to justify "community gardens" by dividing each 15 plants by walls. I'm only aloud to have 30 myself(have caretaker rights for dad+my own), but WA state law says nothing that prohibits someone from posting their 15 in the same location as one another.

H

hoog

Hey,

Also, what about just sealing the room completely and running a split ac? I was just browsing some of the threads and one of the mods is swearing he gets a lot more yield from a sealed room... Any opinions?

R

RMCG

Sealed rooms will blow your 7k budget with A/C, dehumidifier and CO2 costs.

I'm looking at ~6k for (2) 30k btu minisplits, electrical, CO2 generators, etc. for my 4k flip-flop.

H

hoog

Sealed rooms will blow your 7k budget with A/C, dehumidifier and CO2 costs.

I'm looking at ~6k for (2) 30k btu minisplits, electrical, CO2 generators, etc. for my 4k flip-flop.

Well what if I only made the flower sealed? Ideal air minisplits are only around 1,200. Co2 generators are pretty reasonable as well. Is it worth it? Would I just be better off having intake and exhaust in all the rooms?

J

jay.alders

I agree that a sealed room might beyond your budget. I do not know your resources, but it is expensive to set-up. That being said, I like the idea of two flower rooms to start with one veg room. Like John said this would allow for you to veg in the flower room if needed. Question is, can you split the veg room by putting a shelf/another floor essentially, so you have twice the square footage? I've always thought about doing that I've just never needed to actually construct it.

R

RMCG

Well what if I only made the flower sealed? Ideal air minisplits are only around 1,200. Co2 generators are pretty reasonable as well. Is it worth it? Would I just be better off having intake and exhaust in all the rooms?

How many lights? other equipment, etc.

Lowest external temps where you are? Some minis dont work once temps hit certain lows.

Here is my quick rundown:

(2) Friedrich 30k minisplit 2100/4200
(2) Condenser Pads 40/80
(1) 50' 3/8" x 5/8" Lineset (pexsupply.com) 200
(1) 35' 3/8" x 5/8" Lineset (pexsupply.com) 170
(1) 250' control wire (pexsupply.com) 55
(2) 30A 240v circuits 15/30
(2) 10G external whips 15/30
(2) 30A NONfused external disconnects 12/24
(1) Vacuum Pump and Manifold kit for R-410A 220
(1) R410 recharge kit 60

(2) Marey 5L tankless HW heaters 160/320
(2) 20# LP tanks 60/120
(2) HI CO2 controller 220/440

I removed the items to plumb in the co2 (water cooled) generators.

R

Rubijon

IMO I think it is a great idea to Veg under T-5's then to 1000w M.H. and then move to HPS. Just my 2 cents

H

hoog

My equipment I planned for so far, four 1k watt HPS in the large flower. 2 possibly 3 1000MH/HPS for the 8x10, and (2) 4x2 t5's for the small guy. Each room would have fan+filter. There is an attic area, but wont hold much weight if anyone has any creative reccomendations for up there.

As far as a controller, I was just going to go with the same model my buddy has, which is a Sentinal w/ the co2 option. It's more money now, but if I can't afford the full co2 now, I'd rather not replace a controller as well down the road.

My outside temps can be anywhere from 15 degrees in the winter, and 100 in the summer. (Washington State) Pretty huge range, but it only ever hits those lows typically 1 week of the year. Normally around 40 for winter, 80 for summer.

I just had an eletrician take care of the shed, its wire'd for 60 amps..

THank's for the awesome replys, keep them coming. I got a very limited amount of time here before I gotta start making decisions.

R

RMCG

If you can't afford the full CO2 now, you can't really seal up the room.

H

hoog

If you can't afford the full CO2 now, you can't really seal up the room.

I could afford to seal/co2/air condition the entire large flower. I could not afford to do it twice though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom