HELP ME WITH MY SEEDS!

• Thread starter sweetolmaryjane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetolmaryjane

Hello...i have started growing texadela timewarp seeds. 20 out of 22 germinated and i put them in peat cups...it has been 44 days and NOT ONE SPROUTER...they are directly under 2 florescent lights in the same set up that my purple widow seeds were in and they all did fine. I broke open one of the peat cups to find a germinated seed with barely any growth at all!..They are getting enough water and light i dont understand... Am i just being too impatient or should they have sprouted by now...any other seeds i have grown have sprouted coimpletely after 3 or 4 days...but these have no sign of growth

Reactions: mal
Dodge

Dodge

I'm assuming 44 days is a typo and you mean four days.... soil and air temperature need to be warm, like 80's, to promote seedling growth. Think about nature, after the Winter ends and the warmth of Spring begins, the seeds that fell in the Fall and survived the cold winter come to life. What I'm saying is check temps and get a heat mat or find a warm spot to sprout seedlings. If temps are good, I would say something in the soil killed them, as you mentioned they already germinated..... sorry to hear about that.

Medijuana

Medijuana

My first try with seeds did the same thing. I germinated them in a paper towel and then transferred them to soil. I will never do that again. Some little bastard larvae (prob fungus gnats) ate the shit out of them and turned the tap root and seed to slime. In my opinion, the best way to germinate seeds is in rock wool watered with 1/2 strength compost tea on a warming mat. I've not tried this with MMJ beans, but every other seed I've done this with I get at least a 70% germination rate, but usually upwards of 85 to 90%.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Sometimes old seeds just don't cut it. They are not as viable as fresh seeds. I also suspect you ment to type 4 days because if its been 44 days you best just give up on them. I have been cracking seeds for many moons and if they want to come up then theres no stoping them. after 44 days thay would have rotted away. I guess you could have put them into the peat pucks and they did not gain enough moisture to eniciate sprouting but I doubt that because I have had them sprout in the middle of winter out of my bubblebag compost. A strong seed should come up in any temp range from the mid 60's through the 80's upper 60's to lower 70' will promoth more female plants. Higher temps promote stem elongnation and plants tend to lean towards the male side as well. Be patcient, some seeds are very sensitive to moisture and will sit in soggy environment till it drys a little. 4 days is pushing the time a seed can sit open under soil with no growth though. If you see a healthy sprout then let them sit another couple few days and I bet you will see them start to push there way up. Also if you sprout in a cup of water or paper towel , you need to be sure and place the seed into the substraight properly. Ideally the husk of the seed should just be splitting open and begining to expose the root. From this point you want to place the seed at most a half inch under a light seed starting mix. Plant so the tip of the tap root is pointing up ! If the tap root has came out of the husk you must be careful and make a judement call reguarding orientation of the seed in the hole. When a root comes out of the seed pod it points straight out then begins to turn downwards, kind of makes a u-turn . If the root has made the u-turn and began its downward journey then you want to place the tip of the root down towards the bottom of the pot and cover in this position. Think planting a ' U ' in the upside down position. If it has just cracked and is just a straight tail then the tail should point up! This orentation is important. It is how the seedling platns its foot to git the leverage to break out of the soil. If you place the seed wrong it will still make this turn wasting energy it should have used to break the surface. Remember a seedling has a limited amount of avaliable food to make it to the light. If it does not before using up this energy it will die. It is only after breaking ground that the plant can begine utilizing light energy Water your substraigh but not to much you don't want total saturation just evenly wet! If in soil then you should not need to feed for a week or more depending on many other things which would be vering off course too much to discuse here. If in coco or hydro then you must feed from the start. The trick is learning the proper strengths and feeding schedules etc. You give too little information about your growing environment, but we can assume you have some experience by your other coments. You may be using straight peat pucks that could be a very acidic environment for the seeds ? I have found peat pucks to be a less then desirable starting point but they do work. Best of luck.

S

sweetolmaryjane

Sorry i did mean 4 days...i have tried something new...I think i screwed everything up tho. I cut open the peat cups and put the seeds in soil..however some of them had white tails that broke off during the surgery. CAN they live...or did i fuck up baaadddd..

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
however some of them had white tails that broke off during the surgery. CAN they live...or did i fuck up baaadddd..

They're gone, that was their taproot.

I've read peat cups are too nutrient rich for most seeds. Maybe try inert soil medium next time

Dodge

Dodge

They're gone, that was their taproot.

I've read peat cups are too nutrient rich for most seeds. Maybe try inert soil medium next time

Yeah and you can also germinate in the your soil... you can use an old egg carton and fill the little egg holders with soil and a seed and a little filtered water, the non plastic containers work better. You can also buy seed starter sets at your local supermarket. I use this method because the seed is never transplanted or exposed after the first time it hits the soil....

Intense

Intense

If you break that root during transplant, you kill the seedling. It's best to use a method where you don't have to disturb the roots during transplant to reduce the risk of killing them in the process.

Top Bottom