Help me with next grow design and nutes?

• Thread starter singingcrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singingcrow

singingcrow

Hi Farmers! You guys are always so great and helpful. This is a question for any seasoned gardners out there with hydroponic, organic experience.

I am planning my next grow for approx Jan 10th and would love some advice:

Equipment and areas-

Area #1: I am using 2, 2X4 ebb and flow tables on a stand, 2 feet from the ground with a reservoir underneath it (25 gallon).
Growing in a 5X5 tent with 1000w HPS bulb in standard reflective hood.
SCROG screen, 2X4 made out of chicken wire and wood with hanging hardware.
C02 setup inside tent & ventilation. Currently finishing out flowering in here.

Area #2:
Closet in the same room. 400w Sodium Halide bulb in hood. DWC bucket with mother plant and this area is set up for vegging, currently.

Area #3:
Cloning area. Heating mats with 2 cloning trays and another oxycloner.

Growing mediums I will be using-(help needed here)

Area #1:
Going to switch this back to main vegging area until seedlings are ready for flower, then make this the flowering area again.
Still need help and advice: I really hated using rockwool slabs this last grow. Tons of problems with it. I've purchased and am soaking coco coir 6" baskets and bought a brick of coco coir which I will expand and soak as well. Seedlings are already being germinated (10) in 1" rockwool cubes.

I planned on putting the rockwool cubes in the coco coir baskets and cover with coco coir as a good inert medium. Baskets will be placed on a 2X4 coco mat and draining tray #1 will be tilted a bit for better drainage.

Any suggestions for the second 2X4 ebb and flow tray? I'd love to do two different methods, with one flooding (same reservoir) as a control. I hate working with hydroton, but have considered coco coir baskets filled with it (and rockwool seedlings). Can I go without a mat in this kind of tray? Any better suggestions? Small DWC for each plant and no flooding? I'm open to anything, really.

Area #2:
Backup area to be used for next batch of vegging as well as mother plant. Not to be in major use until February 15th or so

Nutrient advice needed-
Here is what I currently have to work with (without purchasing more expensive nutes which I plan to use the full botanicare line suplemented with advanced nutes enzymes and hygrozyme.

Available to me (below).
Some are not organic, but this is what I own.
Can anyone advise as to a good feeding schedule? I need to keep at least some of this organic (and hydroponic) because of my patients. I will be staying away from bubble stones and H202 unless someone recommends otherwise:

Organics:
Liquid Karma - Botanicare
Aquashield - Botanicare
Hygrozyme
Foxfarms Bloom
Foxfarms Grow (vegging formula)
blackstrap molasses

Nonorganics I own:
CalMag
Thrive Alive B1
Liquid Saturator foliar feed- Dutch Master
Hydrogen Peroxide
BC Bloom
BC Grow
Silica - Botanicare

Strains I will be running:
10 X Blue Sky (Sensi Star X Blue Dream) (tray #1?)
5-8 The Purps
10 X Blackberry Kush OG (tray #2?)
2-3 X Chocolope (personal headstash) in 2 gallon DWC buckets

Any advice on growing scheduling, materials, mediums and especially nutrient schedules would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks, Singingcrow

Top Bottom