Help, Memorandum going in place Tuesday in Bakersfield

• Thread starter dogbite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dogbite

It was just announced today that the sheriff is going to put a stop to any new co ops going up in town.

My problem is that I have been thinking about opening one up for a while now because I was living in sothern cali for a bit and saw how well the mmj community is operating. I immediately started looking for a budtending job, so I could do what I love and at the same time help other people in their lives.

Tragically I lost my father just before christmas last year, and I have been mending my wounds since then, but with all that stress that come with mourning, my healt started to deteriorate to the point where I could no longer even eat food, I lost 50 pounds in the last couple months. Thank god Im a patient, because mmj was the only medicine that could sooth my stomach and kill the sever pain I was in.

All of this has just reinforced the idea that helping others, with real medicine, Is my calling in life. Its been eating me up inside because there is so much information that you need to know to get a co op up and running, but I just didnt have enough energy to put it all together. I have recently visited Harborside in Oakland and the Berkley Patient group when I was in San Francisco. Both are perfect examples of what and how a co op operates in their community, they are safe , secure and work with the community to raise awareness and educate in a respectable manner.

Just in the last couple of weeeks have I started to gain my energy back and have not got anything I need in order. The local government is run the ' Good Ol Boy ' way, so its not exactly The type of position or work you would want to put yourself in, Unless you are motivated by something other than money, because the risk is high and the rewards seem like they would be low, all things considered. Law enforcment does what they want around here and then tell you about it while there doing it , Its a sad situation and a civil rights nightmare. But one that I would be willing to put my neck on the line.

What I would really like to do is be able to work with the local government to: Help write sensible policies, and help educate and shine a new light on a medicine that has been demonized for all these years.

So what I need to know and need your help with is- Can I hurry up and get a permit before Tuesday? Do I have to have a location first? Who is the best attorney for the Bakersfield area? Basically any and all infornation that you can share with me would be awsome, please help Im running out of time.

Thanks in advance my fellow Farmers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First, by what mechanism is the sheriff making this determination? I believe that it requires either city council or county supervisors all voting on the issue, not one sheriff's decision to not allow co-ops.

I can't help you with anything else, but would strongly suggest you contact both NORML and ASA and ask them to put you in touch with a good attorney.

D

dogbite

Thanks Seamaiden

It was a last ditch effort on my part, I should of had my stuff together before hand, Im not sure I like being on front street like that anyway. I need to look into growing permits, or growing collectives. I just need to find a good attorney, to keep it all legal.Thanks again..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Watch the Anaheim case. That's gonna really begin determining the future landscape of dispensaries. Co-ops and collectives are viewed differently, at least by the attorney general.

Best of luck, it's a real uphill battle.

Top Bottom