Help my autos are re vedging. And yes it's a thing...

• Thread starter emylou
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
emylou

emylou

Hey hey. I've done many grows. Both auto and photo period. And i know what re vedge looks like. And yes, despite people saying stuff like "I've never grown autos before but they can't re vedge" is an odd opinion to have with no experience.

Which leads me to this question. My autos yes, they have re vedged and I believe it's due to changing pots to late in the game. But i have no idea how to remedy the situation as they don't follow a 12/12 light cycle. Can someone who has grown them before, whose had this happen advise the best way to fix?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey hey. I've done many grows. Both auto and photo period. And i know what re vedge looks like. And yes, despite people saying stuff like "I've never grown autos before but they can't re vedge" is an odd opinion to have with no experience.

Which leads me to this question. My autos yes, they have re vedged and I believe it's due to changing pots to late in the game. But i have no idea how to remedy the situation as they don't follow a 12/12 light cycle. Can someone who has grown them before, whose had this happen advise the best way to fix?
I'd put them on 12/ 12 I've grown a few auto's that wouldn't flip at 18 hrs the males did but the fems just kept going I dropped to 12/12 and treated them like photo's....I think with mixed genetics of auto's sometimes the photo part of the cannabis is more dominant than the Ruderalis part......No science to back me up just what my little brain tells me to think. 😆

emylou

emylou

Yeah I thought the same.. had some before that did not behave like autos and treated them like normal. These ones were auto all the way through, then the one transplanted started to re vedge🤦‍♀️ I've taken your advice and started doing 12/12 on that one. I think it'll will work🤔 Thanku so much for your help! I'd been on so many forums and was getting no where with the advice coz most are trying to say "they can't re vedge" lol. So i really appreciate your reply😀

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah I thought the same.. had some before that did not behave like autos and treated them like normal. These ones were auto all the way through, then the one transplanted started to re vedge🤦‍♀️ I've taken your advice and started doing 12/12 on that one. I think it'll will work🤔 Thanku so much for your help! I'd been on so many forums and was getting no where with the advice coz most are trying to say "they can't re vedge" lol. So i really appreciate your reply😀
I'm trying to reveg a cut from one of the auto's I just finished.....its alive and growing roots and a bit of new vegetation ....will it grow??? I know not but its 2 months old and still growing roots on 18hrs light......I don't think their are too many hard fast rules with auto's. I'm thinking they're still a combination of 2 types of cannabis and not a solid breed to its own so traits of one can be stronger than the other and still grow more cannabis like than a ruderalis like...

I just wanted to add a misconception on transplanting auto's.....There's no problem transplanting them, just don't let the plant know its been transplanted...lol... By that I mean shocking the plant........no shock no problem...shock it by transplanting roughly then it has to recover and there is no recovery time with auto's they flip regardless. So if its a gentle move from one pot to another it doesn't need to recover...so transplant gently.....I wonder when I smoke so if you didn't need that ......eh......lol
img_3492-jpg.1320153

img_3498-jpg.1320154

Last edited:
emylou

emylou

Hey hey again. Thought I'd update this if anyone else has a similar issue.. thanku PipeCarver for your detailed reply, that helped heaps😀 I have repotted them in the past the way u advised and had no issue too. What Im now thinking happened, is heat stress.. Growing outdoors and live in aussie, had 18days over 35 degrees and hot nights which we normally don't get.. I have come to this conclusion coz my other 2 plants I didn't repot, started to re vedge aswell🤦‍♀️ it's cooled down now, and continuing to do 12/12 with all of them. The other 2 that started to turn have been saved. But they are also smaller.
Had an auto last year flip and become a photo period. 7 feet high, 7 months all up and kept in a comically small pot. Fed no nutes coz i gave up on it, grew in coco/soil/perlite mix. Amazing yield and smoke in the end. Also taught me sometimes rules don't apply😂
I'm hoping I can save the big one and get it to flip back to flower. I'll update when/if it turns back again. Happy growing!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey hey again. Thought I'd update this if anyone else has a similar issue.. thanku PipeCarver for your detailed reply, that helped heaps😀 I have repotted them in the past the way u advised and had no issue too. What Im now thinking happened, is heat stress.. Growing outdoors and live in aussie, had 18days over 35 degrees and hot nights which we normally don't get.. I have come to this conclusion coz my other 2 plants I didn't repot, started to re vedge aswell🤦‍♀️ it's cooled down now, and continuing to do 12/12 with all of them. The other 2 that started to turn have been saved. But they are also smaller.
Had an auto last year flip and become a photo period. 7 feet high, 7 months all up and kept in a comically small pot. Fed no nutes coz i gave up on it, grew in coco/soil/perlite mix. Amazing yield and smoke in the end. Also taught me sometimes rules don't apply😂
I'm hoping I can save the big one and get it to flip back to flower. I'll update when/if it turns back again. Happy growing!
Thanks for the update, my little reveg auto experiment is still chugging along, its growing new single leaves and starting to look funky...er...lol....

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

I'd put them on 12/ 12 I've grown a few auto's that wouldn't flip at 18 hrs the males did but the fems just kept going I dropped to 12/12 and treated them like photo's....I think with mixed genetics of auto's sometimes the photo part of the cannabis is more dominant than the Ruderalis part......No science to back me up just what my little brain tells me to think. 😆
Agreed wholeheartedly.

MDK

MDK

I had seen a cannacribs episode where a breeder at a big time facility was saying he had a hybrid that was sativa/indica/ruderalis and had no autoflower trait....

Kind of bent my brain a bit. I was surprised it wasn't a dominant trait...so then i questioned why they would even want ruderalis in the genetics and to me, they had to be shooting for an auto cross and just ended up with something nice that didn't see too much diminish from adding the ruderalis

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I had seen a cannacribs episode where a breeder at a big time facility was saying he had a hybrid that was sativa/indica/ruderalis and had no autoflower trait....

Kind of bent my brain a bit. I was surprised it wasn't a dominant trait...so then i questioned why they would even want ruderalis in the genetics and to me, they had to be shooting for an auto cross and just ended up with something nice that didn't see too much diminish from adding the ruderalis
My revegging auto now
img_4349-jpg.1332532

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Last summer, I grew seeds that were sold as autos. They didn't flower as expected, so I flipped to 12/12 and they flowered. I just started the last few seeds from that pack, so we'll see how they grow. I suspect they weren't autos, regardless of how they were packaged.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Last summer, I grew seeds that were sold as autos. They didn't flower as expected, so I flipped to 12/12 and they flowered. I just started the last few seeds from that pack, so we'll see how they grow. I suspect they weren't autos, regardless of how they were packaged.
The seeds I grew out were reg seeds and I had 3. All popped and grew out, The male showed and turned at 3-4 weeks. I took it outside and let it bloom. The fems didn't want to turn on 18 hrs light after 6 weeks I flipped them and some photo's. Everything flowered as usual.......brother was a male...sisters???? odd but it is what it is

Latest posts

Top Bottom