HELP!! my babies

• Thread starter Growbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growbie

hey guys i just noticed this morning that about 2-3 leaves on each plant are starting to like curl from the sides? ill show you in a pic. anyone know whats wrong?

Help my babies

Help my babies 2

Help my babies 3

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

With out any info hard to say but looks like to much nitrogen. More info means more accurate help.

G

Growbie

what kind of info is needed? i use sensi bloom a&b my ph is at 7 or just under i have been feeding them at 1000ppm they are in coco pete, could i have over fed them like watered to much? i usually do like 4-5 cups of water but then i watered them about 6-8 cups i just have two plants. if this is so do i just like do just plain water with ph of 7?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Ok there we go. The Ph is way high 5.5-5.8 in coco is pretty standard. Besides that and maybe your watering schedule your not that far from what I would consider normal. Theres alot of ways to water coco. Do a search and if you cant find the info holler back. I would go into it but my hands are sore right now and theres do many different schools of thought on coco. Wheres Leadsled. Are you controlling the enviroment, maintaing proper temp. hum.

Venom818

Venom818

ph is def to high i would bring it down to 5.8-6.0,what wattage of light are u using and how close is the light to the plants

P

pure arghan

hard to say?

what kind of info is needed? i use sensi bloom a&b my ph is at 7 or just under i have been feeding them at 1000ppm they are in coco pete, could i have over fed them like watered to much? i usually do like 4-5 cups of water but then i watered them about 6-8 cups i just have two plants. if this is so do i just like do just plain water with ph of 7?

as said its hard to say without more info, ie how much fed, wot type, how often are you feding, wot temp is the room with the lights on, wot temp is the room with the lights off, wot ventaltion do you have, wot medium do you use, wot strain plant are you growing, is the plant from seed or clone, has the plant been top'd or fimed, wot is the leaves like around the bud?
in answer to your quisten " do i just go with water at ph 7
yes the best thing for you to do at the mo is to water the plant for at least a week, this will bring down the leavels of nitragen etc...
it look's like there geting to much nitrgen to me??? only a gess
hit me back with some info and ill try and do my best to help you out.
hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's :harvest:

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Did you just tell him to keep watering his coco for a week at ph 7? Goes against everything Ive learned. Im killin it with coco at 5.5-5.8.

G

Growbie

as said its hard to say without more info, ie how much fed, wot type, how often are you feding, wot temp is the room with the lights on, wot temp is the room with the lights off, wot ventaltion do you have, wot medium do you use, wot strain plant are you growing, is the plant from seed or clone, has the plant been top'd or fimed, wot is the leaves like around the bud?
in answer to your quisten " do i just go with water at ph 7
yes the best thing for you to do at the mo is to water the plant for at least a week, this will bring down the leavels of nitragen etc...
it look's like there geting to much nitrgen to me??? only a gess
hit me back with some info and ill try and do my best to help you out.
hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's :harvest:

i feed them with 1000ppm strenght on the back of the sensi bloom a&b stuff i water them about every two days, the temp in the room is good it doesnt change to much i think i over fed them because everything has been gonig great until i was a dumb ass and decided to feed them more then normal, i have a 400w hps light about 12-14inch away not burning leaves as some of the leaves are further down the plant that are having these problems. is this savable? how much time do i have? i flushed them this morning with a ph of about 6 probably just under, im hoping this will do it. will i know when i cant save the plants anymore? im kinda worried.

E

E.T.

a ph problem will lead to distorted leaves along with the sides curling downward. this could also be too much N. if your ph is off....which it appears yours is, this could lead to nutrient lockout or toxicity. bring the ph down to previously stated levels and give them a good flush. you should start to see improvement in a week or so.

G

Growbie

a ph problem will lead to distorted leaves along with the sides curling downward. this could also be too much N. if your ph is off....which it appears yours is, this could lead to nutrient lockout or toxicity. bring the ph down to previously stated levels and give them a good flush. you should start to see improvement in a week or so.

ok how much should i flush them? i did 2L of water with ph about 6 for each plant they are in a 3gal planter with holes, should i do it for a couple days once should be good then leave them? whats the process in flushing them?

i do have to say everyone's help is very amazing and i really do appreciate it

E

E.T.

What's ur ppm outflow?

ok how much should i flush them? i did 2L of water with ph about 6 for each plant they are in a 3gal planter with holes, should i do it for a couple days once should be good then leave them? whats the process in flushing them?

i do have to say everyone's help is very amazing and i really do appreciate it

G

Growbie

well i was told to do 1000ppm on the back of the nute bottle im in coco pete in 3gal plant tubs. so im assuming its around 1000ppm

E

E.T.

you should take a reading of the ph and the ppm as it flows out of the coco. this will give you a better idea of what's going on....i don't use coco, but the idea is still the same

well i was told to do 1000ppm on the back of the nute bottle im in coco pete in 3gal plant tubs. so im assuming its around 1000ppm

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Lots of information is needed. What's their feeding schedule, media, environmental conditions? Lighting?

I see some SERIOUSLY overfed and improperly fed girls here. A pH of 7 is far too high to use with coco.
Did you just tell him to keep watering his coco for a week at ph 7? Goes against everything Ive learned. Im killin it with coco at 5.5-5.8.
You are correct, although I use a pH range of 5.8-6.2, with 6.0 usually being a real golden spot for most, but not all girls.
i feed them with 1000ppm strenght on the back of the sensi bloom a&b stuff i water them about every two days, the temp in the room is good it doesnt change to much i think i over fed them because everything has been gonig great until i was a dumb ass and decided to feed them more then normal, i have a 400w hps light about 12-14inch away not burning leaves as some of the leaves are further down the plant that are having these problems. is this savable? how much time do i have? i flushed them this morning with a ph of about 6 probably just under, im hoping this will do it. will i know when i cant save the plants anymore? im kinda worried.
What conversion factor are you using when calculating ppm? Does the manufacturer of the meter tell you? This is helpful. Either way, it doesn't matter what the bottles say, does it? Your girls are telling you they ain't diggin' what you're doing. Go with them, unless you're growing Sensi A&B.

Do you feed to the point of run-off? Or just a measured amount that you think is right? I'm going to guess that you're not feeding to the point of run-off, and perhaps the ppm's within the media have built up to toxic levels. Nothing is being taken up right, the leaves literally appear burned, but it's happening by nutrients.

What's the average lights-on temp and relative humidity (RH)? Vapor pressure deficit is another factor that may be at play here.

Here's what I would do if I were you:

• Take a bit of coco out of each girl, it's ok if you disturb some roots. You want about a cup total, at least, but not too much or the testing will be a pain in the ass for volume.
  • Mix that together, set aside.
  • Take a measure of enough clean water of known parameters to make a liquid slurry of the media you just collected. It is extremely important that you know the EC and pH of the water BEFORE you mix it with the coco, or the test will tell you nothing. It is also better to use water that's as close to 0ppm as you can.
  • Mix with the coco mix, you want the water to cover it very well.
  • Let sit for 5-10mins.
  • Strain off, then measure pH and EC (or, ppm). That difference between what went in and what you got out is what's IN the media.

Go do that now or at next lights-on and then report back to us what those readings are.

G

Growbie

Lots of information is needed. What's their feeding schedule, media, environmental conditions? Lighting?

I see some SERIOUSLY overfed and improperly fed girls here. A pH of 7 is far too high to use with coco.

You are correct, although I use a pH range of 5.8-6.2, with 6.0 usually being a real golden spot for most, but not all girls.

What conversion factor are you using when calculating ppm? Does the manufacturer of the meter tell you? This is helpful. Either way, it doesn't matter what the bottles say, does it? Your girls are telling you they ain't diggin' what you're doing. Go with them, unless you're growing Sensi A&B.

Do you feed to the point of run-off? Or just a measured amount that you think is right? I'm going to guess that you're not feeding to the point of run-off, and perhaps the ppm's within the media have built up to toxic levels. Nothing is being taken up right, the leaves literally appear burned, but it's happening by nutrients.

What's the average lights-on temp and relative humidity (RH)? Vapor pressure deficit is another factor that may be at play here.

Here's what I would do if I were you:

• Take a bit of coco out of each girl, it's ok if you disturb some roots. You want about a cup total, at least, but not too much or the testing will be a pain in the ass for volume.
  • Mix that together, set aside.
  • Take a measure of enough clean water of known parameters to make a liquid slurry of the media you just collected. It is extremely important that you know the EC and pH of the water BEFORE you mix it with the coco, or the test will tell you nothing. It is also better to use water that's as close to 0ppm as you can.
  • Mix with the coco mix, you want the water to cover it very well.
  • Let sit for 5-10mins.
  • Strain off, then measure pH and EC (or, ppm). That difference between what went in and what you got out is what's IN the media.

Go do that now or at next lights-on and then report back to us what those readings are.

i dont have anything to measure ppm, i have a basic set up but ill tell you everything that your asking

-i have a 400w hps
-2 plants in 3gal plant buckets with holes
-temps are about 70-80F lights on and off it doesnt change to much
-im using sensi bloom a&b
-my water is now at ph of about 6
-my light is about 12-14inch away from the tops.
-i water every two days or if its still damp i wait 3 days
-i water then ill come back in about 30m-1hr to see if it drains and it does.
-humidity is between 30-50% i mist and also have a humidifier in the room.

they were fine until i watered them to much im assuming, i usually water 4-6 cups of water but then the other day i was an idiot and did 7-8 cups. and when i fed them that much there was so much run off that a tub they are in to catch the run off water was atleast 5-6 cups of water sitting in the buttom of the tub.

i was told 1000ppm by the guy i buy my equipment from and hes been really helpful but im disabled and cant always get to him to ask questions, as he doesnt do it over the phone.

if im missing any info please ask ill do everything i need to, pictures anything. also if you dont mind please explain the test thing you were talking about with more detail if possible sorry.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Listen to Seamaiden, that girl knows what she's talking about.

You can't really say that you are mixing your solution to 1000ppm if you aren't testing the ppm of the solution. What the bottle says the amount to mix to get to a 1000ppm solution might not be what is really going on. Also like she said above, the conversion factor plays a big role; especially when you are in the 1000ppm range and you are bordering toxicity. A 1000ppm reading with a .5 conversion would be a reading of 1400ppm with a .7 conversion. Which means if you are supposed to be mixing to 1000ppm with a .7 pen and you have a .5 pen you are actually mixing to 1400ppm.

Anyways, it looks like you've overfed. Flush the shit out of them (3 times the size of the container in water should be poured through each pot). I don't run coco, so i'm not sure if when flushing it's also important to ph your solution; in soil I don't. I just use regular water and it flushes fine, but coco is a different ball game.

G

Growbie

Listen to Seamaiden, that girl knows what she's talking about.

You can't really say that you are mixing your solution to 1000ppm if you aren't testing the ppm of the solution. What the bottle says the amount to mix to get to a 1000ppm solution might not be what is really going on. Also like she said above, the conversion factor plays a big role; especially when you are in the 1000ppm range and you are bordering toxicity. A 1000ppm reading with a .5 conversion would be a reading of 1400ppm with a .7 conversion. Which means if you are supposed to be mixing to 1000ppm with a .7 pen and you have a .5 pen you are actually mixing to 1400ppm.

Anyways, it looks like you've overfed. Flush the shit out of them (3 times the size of the container in water should be poured through each pot). I don't run coco, so i'm not sure if when flushing it's also important to ph your solution; in soil I don't. I just use regular water and it flushes fine, but coco is a different ball game.

see now that confuses me, wher should i go to read about this 1000ppm and .5 conversion and stuff, now im lost.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i dont have anything to measure ppm, i have a basic set up but ill tell you everything that your asking
That's ok, you can still sort this. I'm hoping that you're either using reverse osmosis or otherwise clean water.
-i have a 400w hps
-2 plants in 3gal plant buckets with holes
-temps are about 70-80F lights on and off it doesnt change to much
-im using sensi bloom a&b
-my water is now at ph of about 6
-my light is about 12-14inch away from the tops.
-i water every two days or if its still damp i wait 3 days
-i water then ill come back in about 30m-1hr to see if it drains and it does.
-humidity is between 30-50% i mist and also have a humidifier in the room.

they were fine until i watered them to much im assuming, i usually water 4-6 cups of water but then the other day i was an idiot and did 7-8 cups. and when i fed them that much there was so much run off that a tub they are in to catch the run off water was atleast 5-6 cups of water sitting in the buttom of the tub.
Was that when they showed this? By the looks of things, they were already becoming overfed. I don't see an overwater situation, and it's hard to do with good coco IME, unless they're left sitting in the feed.
i was told 1000ppm by the guy i buy my equipment from and hes been really helpful but im disabled and cant always get to him to ask questions, as he doesnt do it over the phone.
That's a shame, if he's consulting you at the store he should be able to help you over the phone. Doing things this way means you are learning, believe it or not. You have learned that not all girls can be fed the same way all the time, that formulaic growing cannot be applied equally to all.
if im missing any info please ask ill do everything i need to, pictures anything. also if you dont mind please explain the test thing you were talking about with more detail if possible sorry.
Ok, let's assume that you've definitely got a lot of nutrients held within that medium. A few others here are saying to flush, and right now I agree, you need to get that medium cleared of as much built up fertilizer as possible. I'm assuming, as well as others here, that this *is* the current situation. Since you're disabled I'm not going to suggest Clearex or FloraKleen, but the source water is now becoming of greater import. You might have to use nothing but clean water for a few days, they should respond quickly being as they're in coco, though.

You can, at the very least, test the pH of the run-off water, and that's another problem. Your guy wasn't telling you that in order to prevent this situation, especially for someone still quite new to growing altogether, let alone growing in coco, you need to feed to the point of run-off. I shoot for 20%.

Cut the amount of fertilizer you use down to 25% of what the bottle calls for. You can measure, you'll work your way to the other stuff once you're comfortable with this part.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

sorry man, i kinda thought that my post might've been confusing.

Here is a link to a good site explaining the differences:
http://www.getbluelab.com/Support/Understanding+what+ppm+scale+to+use.html

This is the chart I use when i need to figure out the conversions.
PPM-EC-C.jpg

Since you are new to the whole ppm/EC/TDS game I'd suggest learning how to do feedings using EC. EC is the universal language for reading chemical solutions. I'd add some links but they go to other grow sites, so just do some googling and you'll find a ton of info on measuring ppm and how it affects the plant. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Top Bottom