Help My Baby's Sick

• Thread starter Smegal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smegal

Smegal

Someone please help me. I'm using well water which generally runs high ph. I made adjustments using my ph meter and vinager. But then realized my meter was giving me a false reading. Hell it tells me the vinager is 6.8! I can't get another ph tester until the first of the month so I'm ball parking. I'm assuming I may have lowered the pH too much. My chart says that magnisium and potassium are locked out below 6.4 so do I add a little baking soda to raise it back up? Or wait until I can check the ph? What can I do ? Does it look like mag deficiency or maybe something else?
This plant is from seed and it's about 1 1/2 months old. I fed it with some compost tea and it started looking like it was getting nute burn. So I tried flushing it and that didnt help. So i repoted it and this morning this is what I found. It's in the same soil as the rest of my plants which are fine. I know this is difficult without the pH readings but I can't get another pH test until the first of the month so I'm just trying to keep it alive till I can get a new meter or drops.

Help my babys sick
Help my babys sick 2
Help my babys sick 3
Smegal

Smegal

OK this what I've done to fix my problem. I think I may have lowered the pH too much and have locked out magnisium, so, since my well water is naturally high, I watered it generously with straight well water to raise the pH just enough to open it up to magnisium. I'll give it a few days and watch for changes. Hopefully that will buy me some time to get a pH test kit or meter.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
It's a raffle without the right testing equipment can you take a sample of your water to the hydro shop get a quick test and go from there till you get a new one .

Smegal

Smegal

It's a raffle without the right testing equipment can you take a sample of your water to the hydro shop get a quick test and go from there till you get a new one .
Not right away. My well water runs about an 8ph so I'm hoping that watering it with straight well water will raise it enough to open up magnisium. I know it takes time to recover but some of the purple on the stems are starting to turn green again. Thank you for responding. Hopefully I can keep it alive until I can get the pH tester.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Not right away. My well water runs about an 8ph so I'm hoping that watering it with straight well water will raise it enough to open up magnisium. I know it takes time to recover but some of the purple on the stems are starting to turn green again.
It will come good mate good luck .

Top Bottom