Help my girls are too tall !!

• Thread starter OGKANCH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGKANCH420

i put my gcs and blue dreams into flower last week at aboyt 20 inches and now there just a foot from the light... im in a 4x4 tent and the heat from the light will be too much for these babys....any opinions?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
bend the tops over, take a string tie it around a secure place up top and tie it down you can pull a little lower each day. you dont have to completely bend it all at once.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Go pick up a bottle of Phosphoload or Bushmaster. Both of these are used to halt virticle growth. Both work great. Phosphoload is the oly one I use but others swear by Bushmaster too. Phosphoload really helped my girls to plump up also when compared to those that did not get it. It is to be used at around the start of the third week of flower. Google phosphoload instructions. A PDF file is available with detailed instructions on how to use it. Do not follow the directions on the bottle. This stuff is strong! It will burn your plants if you follow label instructions.

You only need to use it for 3 days. I mix it in gallon bottles rather than filling a res. It is expensive stuff, but if you mix it in bottles as apposed to a res, a little goes a LONG way. The 1 liter bottle is like $130. They do have a 500 ml. bottle though at some hydro stores. Absolutely worth it. You don't want your plants to be any closer than 20 in. from a 1000 watt light.

P

paulycali

Bend them over by tying them down

Or bend and crack the stem gently to create an even canopy

D

dankbank

def go with the bend over technique, will posibly even help to increase your yield

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have topped plants at a week into flower with great results - was really suprised

If you have to do it - do it now

at that height your already too late to just use phosphaload - as the buds are stiill gonna grow even if the plant dont stretch anymore

if you do use it give them no more the 1 ml per gal - it will bulk up yeild but IMO has a negative effect on flavor and potency if you use too much

I think bending them over (depends on how crowded your tent is) or topping them are your only viable options

what size light you using?

even if your air cooling you can burn your buds and stunt growth/yeild

B

bastard_x

You should gently bend them sideways and tie them to the main branch with a piece of wire this will probably increase your harvest on those bent topsand prevent them from burning. Bend very slowly cause you will be mad if they snap. Instead of bending once at 90 degrees best to bend twice at 45 degrees so nutrience can still move through the stem. Had to do this once with some big bud and ended up with a giant mass of bud that i had to cut the wires out of at harvest .

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Supercropping is the best way to get those ladies at a even height. It is a little tricky because of possible branch breaking and the fact that sometimes they come right up and not stay horizontal and start coming back vertical depending on cola strength. No string involved and eventually you will see how the colas with "elbows" (supercropped) are going to be nice and fat.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

I agree with MT supercropping works GREAT at the helping to control that. This is exactly what I`m doing right now. My plants are tall but not 2 tall. Its a really good way to help get a even canopy but it is tricky when you first try it. Probably should practice on a couple of moms or something before you just start trying this. I snapped many branches before I got it. I now twist softly from side to side than I pinch and bend or you can just pinch until you feel a pop and not bend I like doing this. Leaves a nice big knuckle after it repairs itself. If you need help or want to try this get at me

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
its too late to supercrop to control height if they are 12 inches from the light at a week into flower

O

OGKANCH420

i through these biznatchs into a scrog.. snapped 2 colas in the process :( but there are many more to make up for them

deadcat

deadcat

This happened to me on my first grow, I didn't account that it would continue to grow somewhat during first part of flowering. If it hasn't flowered yet I would cut the top as needed, this is what I did. Had to cut the top like 4 times, got about 12 stalks right under the light, each created killer buds. If you do it right could be beneficial.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

OH this is SO my area of specialty. Meself in a 6Ft room vie measurement tape not only that but veg over 13 week!

The well after every thing is about 1ft tall i go around a to topping to bush. Go down and pinch the branches till you hear the little crush sound. (over time you will know how hard to do pinch)Make 30-60 clones out of every area to keep things level. Never let any thing go to wast....
When bloom. hit it with bud blood then Phosphoload on 2ed week or 3ed depening on what you want it to realy STOP. Bushmaster i just pick up because i saw good things out of a friends place. Get garden poles around the area and a net across the girls.
Use the net to wave anything that pokes threw.

Top Bottom