Help: My plants stopped growing

• Thread starter Marshilene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marshilene

Marshilene

Hey y’all,
Help my plants stopped growing

so I started growing my first marijuana plants a couple of weeks ago (germinated the seeds on July 7th and planted them on July 8th so roughly 2 weeks ago) and recently I noticed that they have stopped growing. It’s been like 6 days now. I’m going to describe my set up/plant care as much as possible and provide pictures to get an explanation for why they stopped growing and what I can do to make them grow again.

I water the plants about every 2 days and I have them under a grow light from 12am-6pm everyday (so 18-6 light schedule). They are planted in fox farm soil and as of now I am not using any nutrients in them (I believe I am supposed to start when the plants have 3-4 sets of leaves). They are autoflowering feminized white widow seeds.

Based on that info here are some things that I think could be affecting my growth:

Maybe I am overwatering? Is every two days too much? Additionally, my pots do not have holes at the bottom. I read that this maybe be in issue in terms of drainage. The pots came with the saucers attached. So maybe the roots aren’t getting enough oxygen because of overwatering and lack of holes in the bottom of the pot? Should I move the plants to pots that have holes at the bottom?

In terms of lighting, one issue could be distance of the grow light to the plant. Is my grow light too far or too close to the plants? (See attached photos) I also turn my grow lights off at 6pm-12am for the “dark” 6 hour period that they are supposed to have out of the 18-6 hour lighting schedule. Although I turn the grow light off during this time, my plants are still exposed to the sunlight in the room form about 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm until the sun sets. Is this in issue? Should they be in complete darkness during this time? Should I move them to a dark area such as a closet for these 6 hours?

that’s all I can think of for now. I would appreciate any feedback and expertise based on what I’ve described/the attached photos :)

Sidenote: Am I stressing/overthinking for no reason given that my plants are in their very early stages?

Help my plants stopped growing 2
Help my plants stopped growing 3
Help my plants stopped growing 4
Help my plants stopped growing 5
Help my plants stopped growing 6
Help my plants stopped growing 7
Help my plants stopped growing 8
Help my plants stopped growing 9
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Welcome!

Overwatering is probably the most common mistake for cannabis. Your dirt looks soaking wet, so I'm going to guess that they have gotten too much water.

Get a pot the same size as the one your plant is in, fill it with dry dirt and get a feel for the weight. You shouldn't be watering your sprouts until their pot weighs the same. Also important to have some holes in the bottom so you know when you have watered enough.

Water slowly until you see it start seep out the bottom, then leave the plant alone until the dirt is dry again. :)

In your state, I'm going to guess that you just need to leave them be and let the soil dry out. Do the bottoms pop off those pots? If so maybe you can see/make some drain holes??

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes, you're overwatering. The roots stopped working, because they need oxygen. They will rot away soon unless you forsake your overwatering ways.

Punch a lot of holes in the bottom of those cups right away.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Then read these:

Marshilene

Marshilene

I realized that the bottom saucer comes off so I took it off. Should the plants be ok now? Or should I still poke holes in the container? Also, I just watered the plant today, when should I water it again?
B2E4E63A 6A69 4532 B4E7 A237DDF2B52B

93BD6C03 0609 4B64 99FD B06895C96DA0
Frego

Frego

I realized that the bottom saucer comes off so I took it off. Should the plants be ok now? Or should I still poke holes in the container? Also, I just watered the plant today, when should I water it again? View attachment 1149125I would repot to more conventional pots tomorrow fast, looks like them pots are ceramic dont know how you would drill in to them

I used one of these
07613092 B272 4B8C 9680 F20D3233EC92
and it took me from 9 days old to my autos to grow 4 nodes to drill 2 holes in each 16 pots
Was hard work but after 15 days there finally drying out

My theory is aslong as you get the PH right and watering correctly you just let it do it’s own thing

start now before they get bigger

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Usually 3-7 days between each irrigation for seedlings of that size. It depends on how aerated the soil is and how fast the roots grow. Good luck!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Keep em warm 75-80f and like many of the previous posters let them dry out well. In soil that's to wet the o2 gets depleted and the plants will stunt.

Underwatering is easier to fix than over watering.

Here is a video I took of a clone recovering from underwatering... if I did one from over watering it would be a timelapse of days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom